• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I don't understand. What were the goals like?

4-0 against MK Dons. They're hardly even a real team.

This is a new low..

You gave the ball away way too many times trying to play it from the back

Lahm complained about this back then. They were not allowed to even clear it

Clegg

Who cares how much you spent if only one of your signed players is playing. Shaw is injured, and Rojo and Di Maria haven't played yet.
What I'm saying is that it's not just necessarily a matter of getting new signings or lots of money being spent. The players we currently have are so bereft of confidence or just of such a low standard that they shouldn't be there at all. A lot of fans, myself included, thought that a change I manager would bring us back to the top. First few games have dashed that thought. Squad is in a lot worse condition than we thought.

Moobabe

I honestly don't see what playing Anderson, Hernandez and Welbeck accomplished. They've all basically been told they're surplus to requirements; so you throw them onto a pitch with a bunch of kids and expect them to perform for you?

Poor from LvG I think.

Scum

GK De Gea

DR Rafael
RCB Jones
LCB Rojo
LB Shaw

DM De Jong
MC Herrera

AML Di Maria
AMC Mata
AMR Adnan

ST R van Persie

Wilbs, pls.

Anybody else feel like De Gea has given up? Like he sees how shit the defenders in front of him are and will be with no reinforcements coming in?

He will wait till January or summer to hand in a transfer request. He knows there are greener pastures calling.

who knows :lol

God I'm glad this was only the capital one cup. Shouldn't be happening, but I'm not devastated. If anything, it'll hasten a change in system.

Confidence has to be so low right now.

I only saw the one (horrendously defended) goal. Who needs to GTFO? I've seen Chicharito's name tossed around.

I'm not even that mad (whatever anger is being burned away by the Misty Copeland UA commercial), but just irritated.

Shaw, Rafael, Herrera, Carrick and Van Persie are all first choice team quality and most of the rest are good enough for second choice. This fully fit Manchester United team isn't worse than Everton lol and it's debatable about some of the other teams that finished above them last year. United have bought well now, it's just typical luck that of the signings they've made they've all got injured and EVERY game they've played so far this season at least one player has gone off injured, it's a joke.

You talk about youth and bringing players through but none of the top Premier league teams have done better, City and Chelsea play significantly less youth players than United and don't have a single one as good as Januzaj. Liverpool only have Sterling and Arsenal a handful that aren't anything special.

When you're forced to mainly play 3rd and 4th choice defenders with a midfield of 4th and 5th choice players it tends to lead to shit defending

Januzaj is far better than any others of your young players coming through, Wilson looks like he'll be good though. It's not about creating world class players, it's about bringing through players who will eventually be able to flufil a role in the squad without letting the team down

Liverpool have Sterling in the team, Flanagan will hopefully be first 11, Wisdom seems a real prospect imo, Ibe is waiting to make a breakthrough, Suso is decent backup. That's pretty good imo. Januzaj is the only Man Utd prospect I truly expect to make it at Man Utd

Bumhead

Banned
He was outstanding on Saturday. What a player. What a man.

I fucking LOVE Reda. Is he playing CB or LB for you?

His scoring record for us from LB was outrageous. Something like 17 in 75?

We were one ball away from drawing Man U in this round. Given our respective form it's a good job we didn't or we would have tonked you about 6 or 7.

Wilbur

Banned
I only saw the one (horrendously defended) goal. Who needs to GTFO? I've seen Chicharito's name tossed around.

I'm not even that mad (whatever anger is being burned away by the Misty Copeland UA commercial), but just irritated.

I'd be happy if everyone who played today bar Wilson, Januzaj, Welbeck and De Gea were gone.

Chicharito was genuinely horrendous. 3 or 4-0 down with five minutes to go and he's trying fancy little flicks. Fuck off. That's stupidity, selfishness and arrogance.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chicharito was United's best player dont listen to Wilbur

Dangerous, lively, leader..everything. Dat Mexican grinta

Goals are not everything ok

Bold One

United have been beaten worse with a better line up,

the problem is that these set of players seem incapable of picking themselves up,

their body language is bereft of fight and courage.

I honestly don't see what playing Anderson, Hernandez and Welbeck accomplished. They've all basically been told they're surplus to requirements; so you throw them onto a pitch with a bunch of kids and expect them to perform for you?

Poor from LvG I think.

Have to agree with this, although I don't think Welbeck looked affected.

DSN2K

I think LVG had massively hard lesson tonight regarding English Football. 11 youth players in the squad....you will struggle against lower league teams, they give a shit and are typically up for these games.

Go_Ly_Dow

WE JUST LOSE 4-0 TO MK DONS IN THE CAPITAL ONE CUP

WE JUST LOSE 4-0 TO MK DONS IN THE CAPITAL ONE CUO

Yen

Anybody else feel like De Gea has given up? Like he sees how shit the defenders in front of him are and will be with no reinforcements coming in?

He will wait till January or summer to hand in a transfer request. He knows there are greener pastures calling.
Pepe Reina Syndrome.

omgkitty

It'll be me :(

We aren't getting him :(

It'sanogo.

235585i138E85F58434A859

Salvadora

I'd be happy if everyone who played today bar Wilson, Januzaj, Welbeck and De Gea were gone.

Chicharito was genuinely horrendous. 3 or 4-0 down with five minutes to go and he's trying fancy little flicks. Fuck off. That's stupidity, selfishness and arrogance.
You'd want Evans gone?

Scum

Who would want him? He's given up.

Yea...that's pretty much true. Can't even defend Evans anymore.

wow...I did not realize until today how big of a deep shit hole we are in.

This is worse than Liverpool it feels like from few years back.

Bumhead

Banned
I think LVG had massively hard lesson tonight regarding the English Football. 11 youth players in the squad....you will struggle against lower league teams, they give a shit and are typically up for these games.

I do wonder if foreign coaches genuinely understand the lower league system in this country.

It's not like other countries where second division teams are the local pub.

I don't understand. What were the goals like?

4-0 against MK Dons. They're hardly even a real team.

This is a new low..

Too many kids. The older players Chicha and Evans were horrible. LVG made the wrong subs. There was no point in taking Powell off despite being bad because the team needed an extra midfielder to help retain possession. Pereira did well in midfield, but if they can't find the ball to Januzaj or Welbeck, the team will struggle to create anything. Reece James is too slow so he can't do shit in attack and was at fault for one of the goals. Keane gave the ball away too many times.

Keane and James aren't good enough. It's easy to see.

I think LVG had massively hard lesson tonight regarding English Football. 11 youth players in the squad....you will struggle against lower league teams, they give a shit and are typically up for these games.

I do wonder if foreign coaches genuinely understand the lower league system in this country.

It's not like other countries where second division teams are the local pub.

I think he will quickly realize that EPL isn't La Liga or Bund either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom