• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
yeah, that Klinsmann era was a joy to follow. title after title

I didn't pick Bayern, it just happened. But I would rather follow a small side like Freiburg than follow Arsenal, who are always promising to compete and win and never managed to do it. season after season.
Won the FA cup last season. But that depends on your views of the season. If your enjoyment of the team.is determined by trophies then you can be disappointed but mine is not. I just enjoy watching the game, if we win great, if we don't oh well there's always next season.

I don't get any extra enjoyment from trophy success. My mates at work all support different clubs, celebrate trophy success for a day, then gone until next season. The enjoyment of the games is where it's at for me. That's why I want us in the cl and to go as far as possible, more games to watch hence more enjoyment that way.

So imo it's great to be an Arsenal fan.

EmiPrime

yeah, that Klinsmann era was a joy to follow. title after title

I didn't pick Bayern, it just happened. But I would rather follow a small side like Freiburg than follow Arsenal, who are always promising to compete and win and never managed to do it. season after season.

Then go support Freiburg.

I had the privilege of watching the Invincibles play several times at Highbury. No need to feel sorry for me as I am not unhappy. I don't feel entitled to trophies every year, it's all the sweeter when they do come.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member

K1LLER7

Andy Mitten article on Di Maria. Interesting read.
Angel Di Maria arrives at United with history of meeting high expectations

Andy Mitten

Real Madrid’s president walked to the side of the pitch in the Michigan Stadium, America’s largest sports venue with a capacity of 114,000. Florentino Perez was there to watch his team train before their sold-out pre-season friendly with Manchester United, and he wanted to inspect the jewels of his crown.

When somebody asked if Madrid would be selling winger Angel di Maria, Perez shrugged.

Read more: Thomas Woods on how Angel Di Maria can take his place in a line of wingers at Manchester United that starts with George Best

Manager Carlo Ancelotti dismissed questions about Di Maria as speculation, but the probing came because the Argentine’s future was uncertain, especially since he wanted to renegotiate his contract from EU€4 million (Dh19.4m) a year to double that. Madrid offered €6m.

Di Maria was happy in Madrid, but with the arrival of James Rodriguez, he would no longer be one of the pin-up boys.

Perez had to carefully manage his dealing with Di Maria, since the winger was hugely popular with fans and teammates, was one of the club’s top performers over the past four seasons, and was a big-game figure who played all 120 minutes of May’s Champions League final.

Madrid will claim that they did everything possible to keep him and will hint at his huge wage demands, but it is not true. They wanted to cash in, just as they did with Mesut Ozil a year ago.

They will lose a versatile player who can play anywhere across the midfield and was once used effectively as a left-back by Jose Mourinho. As an indicator of his boundless energy and stamina, Di Maria dribbled past three Atletico players in extra time in Lisbon before managing a shot on goal.

And that after starting 52 competitive games for Madrid last season. He made 22 assists in league play, more than any player in Spain, and scored in the Copa del Rey final win over Barcelona.

As Madrid celebrated their 10th European Cup in Lisbon, Fideo (his nickname is “noodle”, because he is tall and slim) was awarded the man-of-the-match award and presented the trophy by Sir Alex Ferguson. It also came 14 months after his daughter Mia was born three months premature and given a 30 per cent survival chance. She is now a healthy baby who will make Manchester her home.

It was the zenith of his fourth season at the club, which he joined following a poor 2010 World Cup with Argentina. Di Maria may have scored the goal that won Argentina the 2008 Olympic Games, but his €30m transfer fee then seemed excessive.

Yet Mourinho insisted that he could repeat the form he had shown at Benfica, where he was a 2010 league champion, in Spain. There were private utterances that Mourinho’s insistence was because he shared the same agent as the player, but Di Maria was on relatively low wages of €2m per year.

Within months, doubts vanished. Di Maria was exceptionally quick and very skilful.

“One on one, he’s devastating,” Maradona said. “Give him 10 one-on-ones and he’ll win out eight times. He’s a fantastic player.”

That was not a solitary sentiment.

“Angel has the kind of personality that makes him think everything is possible,” Mourinho said.

Used as a left-winger who exploited space created as Madrid’s vaunted front line pulled defences apart, Di Maria in full flow was a fine sight – as was the case against Manchester City in a 2012 Champions League game as Madrid came from behind to win 3-2.

He became integral to Mourinho’s plans, a Madrid regular in the side that won the league in 2012. His contract was doubled to its current €4m, not excessive in the Madrid dressing room, but a fortune given his humble roots in Rosario.

Born and raised in the home city of Lionel Messi – the pair often flew back to South America together for Argentina games – Di Maria was initially rejected by Rosario Central, one of the city’s two major clubs. But by 2005, and following a “fee” of 25 footballs paid to his junior club, he was established in the first team among the yellow-and-blue concrete stands at Gigante, where he stayed for two years until he was signed by Benfica.

The €75m sale to United is the largest in Real Madrid’s history, easily eclipsing the €45m that Arsenal paid for Ozil and the €42m Manchester City paid for Robinho. It is also the most that United have paid for a player.

The Old Trafford club hope manager Louis van Gaal will elevate their new acquisition to an even higher level, where he can become a star in a team lacking game changers and creative talent behind Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie. The expectations will almost be as high as his transfer fee.

Lightning

Banned
Then go support Freiburg.

I had the privilege of watching the Invincibles play several times at Highbury. No need to feel sorry for me as I am not unhappy. I don't feel entitled to trophies every year, it's all the sweeter when they do come.
What a great post this is. Agree 100%

Wilbur

Banned
Nutted in a girl's hair last year. But that depends on your views on sex. If your enjoyment of sex is determined by ejaculating then you can be disappointed but mine is not. I just enjoy penetrating the pussy, if I cum great, if I don't oh well there's always jerking it.

I don't get any extra enjoyment from an orgasm. My mates at work all shag different birds, celebrate milking the snake for a day, then gone until next weekend. The enjoyment of the vag is where it's at for me. That's why I want to finger her for an hour and to go as far as possible, more time to jiggle her boobs hence more enjoyment that way.

So imo it's great to be a sex addict

EmiPrime

What a great post this is. Agree 100%

Agree with yours too obviously!

Just after the FA cup final win this year the Highbury area was packed with gooners, we were high fiveing everyone who walked past and cheering, people dancing in front of cars in front of the Tollington. Magic.

Enjoy the success when it comes, being guaranteed it in a one team league would feel hollow.

Nutted in a girl's hair last year. But that depends on your views on sex. If your enjoyment of sex is determined by ejaculating then you can be disappointed but mine is not. I just enjoy penetrating the pussy, if I cum great, if I don't oh well there's always jerking it.

I don't get any extra enjoyment from an orgasm. My mates at work all shag different birds, celebrate milking the snake for a day, then gone until next weekend. The enjoyment of the vag is where it's at for me. That's why I want to finger her for an hour and to go as far as possible, more time to jiggle her boobs hence more enjoyment that way.

what

wrong thread? hahahahaha

pulga

Banned

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

If you don't enjoy orgasms then you have no business having sex m8, might as well find a new hobby

EmiPrime

Back in your box you go Wilbur.

Scum

Won the FA cup last season. But that depends on your views of the season. If your enjoyment of the team.is determined by trophies then you can be disappointed but mine is not. I just enjoy watching the game, if we win great, if we don't oh well there's always next season.

I don't get any extra enjoyment from trophy success. My mates at work all support different clubs, celebrate trophy success for a day, then gone until next season. The enjoyment of the games is where it's at for me. That's why I want us in the cl and to go as far as possible, more games to watch hence more enjoyment that way.

SgYahwF.png

Bold One

what brought this on?

came out of left field

pulga

Banned
too subtle for this crowd m8, but I do think it's prime OT material. You should start a thread, see what happens.

holy shit

amazing post, bravo

ibjxzQzTgBZxbk.gif

Showaddy

Was so fucking baffled until I scrolled up LOL

Phlebas

Banned

God Damn... too good.

Showaddy

Afer Dark is neutered m8, please think of the womens and 14 year old children on this forum.

I'm afraid to even say 'tits' anymore.

Yeah if you want to post that sort of filth you've got to start a proper thread about it, like that Creampie thread that happily chugged along for about a dozen pages.

Lightning

Banned
Agree with yours too obviously!

Just after the FA cup final win this year the Highbury area was packed with gooners, we were high fiveing everyone who walked past and cheering, people dancing in front of cars in front of the Tollington. Magic.

Enjoy the success when it comes, being guaranteed it in a one team league would feel hollow.
Agree totally. I've always been taught to appreciate what you have, rather than be ungrateful for what you dont have. Arsenal have given me so many great and happy moments that it's impossible for me not to be happy. I also don't agree with trophies being the only form of success for what we.achieved prior to the Emirates stadium and although City's and Chelsea's powerhouse money combined with us pumping our money into financial security and stadium meant we were heavily restricted as a fan I still got to see some brilliant football, cl football every year and exciting seasons. They ended with us losing for one reason or another but I look back over Arsene's reign and as a fan it's hard not to be humble by what he's done for us and our club.

Why would Van Gaal instigate 3-5-2 all the way down to youth level if he was planning on changing it by the end of the transfer window (or before) Wilbur?

The youth team will always copy whatever the first team is doing because it helps the transition into the first team. Imagine being a youth player who gets a call up to the first team and now has to play a position he has no experience in. It's not an indication of a system being permanent. The 352 system will change, but it will also be used depending on match ups.

Perreira looked good. Better than Adnan did the #10 role today.

Maybe its because he's now got the #44 kit.

Pereira didn't play behind the striker. He played next to Anderson. Honestly played much better than he does for the youth team because he didn't have to play as the #10. I see him as a central midfielder and that's where he'll end up as he gets older. Januzaj played behind the two strikers, but then had to play as a wingback.

I have no idea what the fuck we were playing at the end because there were 3 strikers in Wilson, Chicha, and Welbeck on at the same time. There were times when all 3 dropped rather deep to pick up the ball.

I'm really disappointed we didn't win this game. Only because I really wanted the extra games so Januzaj and Wilson could get playing time. I don't care about those other jokers and they shouldn't have played in the first place. Only Vermijl had earned playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom