• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

miserable

Plug posted the non-english version but I didn't see this one, maybe it was posted already but who cares.

I think I'm going to Madrid and cut Perez. I fucking hate this shit club.

tumblr_nawa2bLAYS1qcluu2o2_250.gif

meh, Perez has done stupid things in the past, what you gonna do

good luck in your future endeavours, Angel

panty

I really hope Madrid doesn't buy Falcao.

Same or maybe give James back to Monaco and get Falcao.

Dude's an old fart already.

E: Oh he's only 28. Thought he was 30 or 31.

EE:
meh, Perez has done stupid things in the past, what you gonna do

good luck in your future endeavours, Angel
This is by far the dumbest thing that little bitch has done. Tell the CL final mvp player to piss off. What a fucking cunt.

Phlebas

Banned
Same or maybe give James back to Monaco and get Falcao.

Dude's an old fart already.

E: Oh he's only 28. Thought he was 30 or 31.

EE:
This is by far the dumbest thing that little bitch has done. Tell the CL final mvp player to piss off. What a fucking cunt.

Nah the Makélélé situation was by far the worst.

wedward

I don't mean to be a dick to our United fans but Marie earning 200k a week is pretty ridiculous to me. Yes he is an immensely talented player who I think has the potential to be Utd's player of the season. But this outlay coming out in the midst of all the difficulty in the first few fixtures, with uncertainty regarding qualifying for next year's CL, seems like myopic business. You've spent 130m so far, and of the players bought I expect Marie to be the only one to make a significant contribution in this first season. Rojo and Herrera are talented but will need time to develop their positions, and Shaw is fat
clearly bought with the future in mind and isn't at the level Utd need right now.

It isn't simply matter of United getting up from their seat on the train and everyone stands by eyeing that empty spot. The minute Utd stood up, 3 other clubs all fought over it, and those clubs are now well-managed with squads of increasing depth and quality. Honestly, I think Spurs and Everton have a legitimate shot at CL qualification, so even if Liverpool drop out of the top 4 which seems by all accounts likely, you're still in competition with 2 other clubs who will fight for that 4th place spot, and with the way Spurs' talented group has started to click together under Poch, I'd call them favorites to finish above Man Utd—in the top 4, or out of it.

So it may end up being another 2 seasons before you're in the CL, and in the meantime you'll have paid out almost 100m on Marie's fee and wages, not to mention high earners who aren't leaving and high salaried players who may not have contributed at a level befitting their wages. I don't know all the numbers and I'm also not an accountant so it's entirely possible that I'm off the mark with this assessment but I would say from an onlooker's perspective, United don't appear to be in a healthy situation right now.

United are so rich that this won't even make them blink an eye.

Adidas deal hasn't even started yet.

Blablurn

Five years ago today, Arjen Robben joined FC Bayern from Real Madrid for 24M euros. He scored a brace on his debut.

Thanks for 2013, arjen. Forever a legend.

What a massive player.

Its also crazy how we lost that 'glas man' stigma. They Bayern doctors took good care of him.

Pennywise

Five years ago today, Arjen Robben joined FC Bayern from Real Madrid for 24M euros. He scored a brace on his debut.

What a massive player.

Its also crazy how we lost that 'glas man' stigma. They Bayern doctors took good care of him.

I still thank him for 2012.

Zabojnik

Chicharito's not even good enough for MLS, he's in some mid tier Liga MX level.

Right now the same could be said for 90% of United players. As long as we get him on the cheap, I don't have a problem with it. Should be an okay 4th/5th striker, mister Allegri will take good care of him.

fuenf

What a massive player.

so Di Maria will score 6-7 goals in his debuts? #vangaalism

Robben you #legend. :D #bestRealMadridOutcastEVER

Absolute Bayern legend!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
France manager and former Juve coach Didier Deschamps “I left [Juve] because of differences in transfer strategy with the directors they had at the time, but we had already been promoted into Serie A,”

“I wanted one great signing per area of the team, while they wanted to rebuild the squad with mediocre buys. At the end of the day, obviously they won.

“In any case, my resignation was a mistake. Going back, I wouldn’t do it again.”

What a man. What a specimen. I never get tired of hearing him say this over and over again <3

don't come back Sir Didi, mediocre buys is our specialty here.

Today we get the money to buy Chicharito.

with the Ogbonna money hopefully?

Paratici &#8220;If someone wants him, they have to make us a formal offer worth &#8364;15m. He has a contract until 2018 and will not be sold for less than &#8364;15m.

&#8220;Sevilla? They have never called us and we have not had any contact with them about this player.&#8221;

God we sound SO desperate :lol :lol :lol

Zabojnik

Fucking Secco, we basically lost 3 years of growth because of that incompetent fuck.

Gaal will need a month a two to get things going. I wouldn't worry about it, United-bros.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Sorry-if-reposts but just a recap:

-Roma have officially bought Konstantinos Manolas from Olympiacos after selling Mehdi Benatia to Bayern Munich
-Eto'o pulled the plug on his move to Milan because he was frustrated by Milan&#8217;s indecision about the idea of signing him at all.
-Arsene Wenger &#8220;Lukas Podolski will stay with us.&#8221; Guess he changed his mind after Giroud's injury ;_;
-Adriano Galliani confirmed Milan have asked Chelsea for Fernando Torres and are &#8220;confident&#8221; of getting Marco van Ginkel.
-LVG is still spamming his 'philosophy' button in his post match interviews

Fucking Secco, we basically lost 3 years of growth because of that incompetent fuck.

Gaal will need a month a two to get things going. I wouldn't worry about it, United-bros.
It was basically their U21 team, but it was funny how everyone ganged up on them :lol

we had a relatively decent team in 2006-2008 that just needed a few signings here and there, but LOL.

47880_heroa.jpg

Go_Ly_Dow

Fair enough he stuck with his guns with 3-5-2 for 3 games.

But against Burnley we will have the peronsel via new signings and return from injuries to field a more suitable formation for the the league and team as a whole.

Let's get a fucking win, sign two more players n write off this month from history.

BELIEVE!

Lightning

Banned
Do people honestly think we will lose?

They were so shit at home I can't imagine they will be much better away.

4-1.
No I don't think we'll lose but we're hardly in the best of form, have key injuries, and a 1-1 draw would not be that surprising.

Depends how we turn up on the day.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. LVG is scratching places that aren't itching and creating holes along the way.

One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility, so #LVGout

Telegraph and GdS both saying Vidal is on. This is all I have to cling on to right now.

Okay seriously, when was it ever off?! :lol You were always going to sign him before this window shuts.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. LVG is scratching places that aren't itching and creating holes along the way.

One's philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes... and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility, so #LVGout

Okay seriously, when was it ever off?! :lol You were always going to sign before this window shuts.

No we weren't. I think we do have concerns about his fitness and Wooders didn't want to go for him until he recently got a massive bollocking.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
No we weren't. I think we do have concerns about his fitness and Wooders didn't want to go for him until he recently got a massive bollocking.

believe me, he's more fit than Shaw will ever be this season. Vidal was training alone for the exact same reason Benatia was training alone.

If I were you, I'd order my Vidal shirt RIGHT NOW before your store runs out of Vs, Is, Ds, As and Ls.

believe me, he's more fit than Shaw will ever be this season. Vidal was training alone for the exact same reason Benatia was training alone.

If I were you, I'd order my Vidal shirt RIGHT NOW before your store runs out of Vs, Is, Ds, As and Ls.

Well regardless I think the club has gone into panic mode now and would probably buy a paraplegic kitten if they thought it would improve our current CM options (it would).

Guys, I took a nap earlier today and had the strangest dream. I dreamed that MK Dons, a team whose total wages are less than one week of Wayne Rooney's, beat Manchester United 4-0.

Angel of Mary, what have you done?!?

Clegg

Ian Ladyman says we've made Vidal our top target and are also in for Blind. Don't think there's enough time to sign the Chilean though.

Carbonox

Can someone who knows their injuries help me regarding the following:

* Consistent dull but painful aching for 2/3 days
* Occurs at the bottom of the thigh just before you touch the top of the knee cap
* Unable to put pressure on it or bend or walk without it hurting immensely
* Cannot sleep cos of consistency of the aching
* Swelling

Online tells me muscle tear/stress fracture but I wouldn't know how that would have happened given I went out Saturday (when I got hit by the car but that was my head, though I have barely any recollection of anything else that went down so may have been hit in the leg) and was still fine to use my leg Sunday. Unless the alcohol was a painkiller and left my system and here we are.

I'm asking here because I know a lot of you play or have played Football and no doubt someone's picked up injuries around this part of the leg before.

Before you say hospital, that most likely will be an option but it's not insufferably painful when I just sit here or whatever. It's fine in that regard when I don't move it and nothing some painkillers won't handle but I'll bugger off there in a day or two if no change.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Surely LVG will drop the 352 once the transfer window closes, it simply cannot work in English football. There is too much pace for 3CBs to defend against counter-attacks properly, both QPR and United look a shambles in that shape.

Once United sign a quality CM and CB they won't have to play this stupid way. It's supposed to minimise the flaws of their mediocre CBs but it's only magnifying them.

Mastadon

Banned

* Occurs at the bottom of the thigh just before you touch the top of the knee cap
* Swelling

Online tells me muscle tear/stress fracture but I wouldn't know how that would have happened given I went out Saturday (when I got hit by the car but that was my head, though I have barely any recollection of anything else that went down so may have been hit in the leg) and was still fine to use my leg Sunday. Unless the alcohol was a painkiller and left my system and here we are.

I'm asking here because I know a lot of you play or have played Football and no doubt someone's picked up injuries around this part of the leg before.

Before you say hospital, that most likely will be an option but it's not insufferable pain when I just sit here or whatever. It's fine and nothing some painkillers won't handle but I'll bugger off there in a day or two if no change.

Does it hurt more when you move it or put pressure on it? Could be quad tendonitis. That area of the lower thigh is prone to it.

Jack cw

Dat gaal effect. People will see.

Bla pls. At Ajax he had some of the best talent in the world and he was able to teach them to combine skill with tactics. Barca was good too, but to many struggles with other player egos. Twente was a success story based on a squad completely standing behind Gahl and performed perfectly in Eredevise as a team. Bayern was, let's say fortunate because things happened that led him and the team into the right direction. Robben deal, Schweinsteiger position switch from the wing to CM, highly skilled rookies like Müller, Badstuber and Alaba joining the team from the youth, etc. Internationals is something different, especially a tournament.

United have a decent squad, but I seriously doubt that without good and fast defenders, who are pressing resistant and a capable CM who carries the game, that a 3-5-2 will work. Conte showed that it worked, but he had great defenders and 2 brilliant CMs with Vidal and Marchisio. Pep plays it and it seems to work, but for the same reason - the defence is able to play it tactically. Sure, Gahl needs time, the squad needs to time to understand his tactics and general philosophy, but forcing a team into a formation is not always a good thing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

* Swelling

Before you say hospital, that most likely will be an option but it's not insufferably painful when I just sit here or whatever. It's fine in that regard when I don't move it and nothing some painkillers won't handle but I'll bugger off there in a day or two if no change.
Work on improving your masturbation posture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom