• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal + ADM in CM pls

It would be incredible.

So much pace and power and energy. It might kill me.

ADM is actually quite capable of pulling the wingback role off! Or at the very least better than Young and Adnan ffs :lol

Asamoah is brilliant there, he's got the engine for it.

I will just post this again:

x9oR1sf.png

95%!

United fans talk a lot about the chequebook without realising how much United have already spent.

Shaw - 30m
Fellaini - 27.5
Mata - 37.5
Rojo - 15
Di Maria - 59.7
Herrera - 30m

If that was City or Chelsea United fans would be crying but it's much different when it's them bleating about more more more. Looking at that spending Glazers are certainly not being tight.

Don't worry, most Man Utd fans in this thread are as horrified as you are at those buys.

Still haven't really patched our midfield. It's just.... infuriating really.

Clegg

What is REALLY, REAALLLLLY going on with Vidal?

Are the REPUTABLE sources saying it's dead or there's a chance?

Ian Ladyman, the guy who broke the Di Maria story, says we're definitely after him. But what he's saying doesn't sound too encouraging. Basically we want Vidal but are wary about his supposedly dodgy knee. Not sure if we'll bid high enough. We're crying out for a top class midfielder andand with 6 days left of the transfer window Juve can hold us to ransom.

Don't worry, most Man Utd fans in this thread are as horrified as you are at those buys.

Still haven't really patched our midfield. It's just.... infuriating really.

Fellani was never needed

Mata was a panic buy by Moyes, not someone we really needed either.

Shaw is overpaid.

Rest are fine, Rojo a bit overpaid.

As such, not having Fellani and Mata in the team would have been just fine for us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Ian Ladyman, the guy who broke the Di Maria story, says we're definitely after him. But what he's saying doesn't sound too encouraging. Basically we want Vidal but are wary about his supposedly dodgy knee. Not sure if we'll bid high enough. We're crying out for a top class midfielder andand with 6 days left of the transfer window Juve can hold us to ransom.

His knee is absolutely fine and your premface sources know absolutely nothing about anything going on in Italy.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Steve Clarke and Neil Warnock the only two candidates for the Palace job, according to the BBC.

Yen

Bundesliga always has teams with fantastic names that stay up for a year or two. Paderborn, Braunschweig, Greuter Fürth

L1NETT

Deal for Rhodes "dead" according to Bruce

Fair play Rovers, if they are serious about promotion they need him but if they don't get it this summer surely he has to want PL football.

+
looks like Deeney set to sign a new deal at the Hornets. These championships strikers going nowhere

dc89

I will just post this again:

x9oR1sf.png

That's a pointless piece of data. Those City wages would include the likes of Bridge (£90k a week) Adebayor (£170k a week) Santa-Cruz (£70k a week) and that's before I get to the likes of Tevez & Balotelli.

All those are moved on, the City contracts now are much leaner. Aguero has signed a new 5 year deal and took a basic pay cut. You lot pay Rooney £300k a week. We break even this year, profitability next year so that 95% is piffle.

That's a pointless piece of data. Those City wages would include the likes of Bridge (£90k a week) Adebayor (£170k a week) Santa-Cruz (£70k a week) and that's before I get to the likes of Tevez & Balotelli.

All those are moved on, the City contracts now are much leaner. Aguero has signed a new 5 year deal and took a basic pay cut. You lot pay Rooney £300k a week. We break even this year, profitability next year so that 95% is piffle.

Rooney isn't on £300k.

And do you honestly think Aguero has signed a contract and taken a pay cut? You really think he signed a 5 year deal in the peak of his career to earn less than he did when he signed?

Piffle.

It's data combined for last 4-5 years. Same data will be different next year and year after that.

It is showing is that compared to other teams, Man U's spend as a % of their income has been shit. And that revenue number is going to increase for Man U too.

Just for last year it's expected to be at 450 million pounds.

Aguero was on 200k/week before the new contract, he took a pay cut? lol

Though he thoroughly deserves what he gets paid. Unlike Rooney.

Yen

Rooney isn't on £300k.

And do you honestly think Aguero has signed a contract and taken a pay cut? You really think he signed a 5 year deal in the peak of his career to earn less than he did when he signed?

Piffle.
Think how much cooking of the books would need to be done to "prove" he has taken a paycut

dc89

Rooney isn't on £300k.

Piffle.

If he's on greater performance related bonuses, as the new pay structure indicates with our recent signings, than yeah, why not? Would be a shrewd move considering his recent injuries.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's not all about the money with City anymore. Maybe players know they can win stuff there now, unlike other clubs.

If he's on greater performance related bonuses, as the new pay structure indicates with our recent signings, than yeah, why not? Would be a shrewd move considering his recent injuries.

Or maybe, just maybe, it's not all about the money with City anymore. Maybe players know they can win stuff there now, unlike other clubs.

:lol

You're out of your mind.

Find me one single example of any top player in the peak of their career taking a pay cut at any top club in the last 10 years and I'll consider it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Everything regarding Vidal from all over Italy. I did you all a favour and cleansed the article from the premfacery.

Reports continue to suggest Manchester United are pushing for Arturo Vidal, but speculation on the likelihood of a move is falling.

On from indications yesterday from Britain that the Red Devils are preparing an assault for the Juventus man, comes the Gazzetta dello Sport’s assertion that yesterday, Vidal’s agent Fernando Felicevich was in Manchester.

The pink daily writes that whilst no formal offer has come in to the Bianconeri, yet, movement on this front could happen in the next 24 to 48 hours.

Whilst reports in Britain suggest that United may include Shinji Kagawa in any possible deal, other outlets in Italy suggest Juve are resolute in keeping hold of Vidal.

Tuttosport lead with this suggestion, reporting that Juventus have ‘closed the door’ on any interest coming in from Louis van Gaal’s side, with the belief that the player is happy to remain in Turin on his current contract.

The Corriere dello Sport reiterate this position and report that Juve are now firmly against selling Vidal due to the difficulty they would face in finding a replacement.

Transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio is another to make clear that the Old Lady is unwilling to consider offers for the 27-year-old.

and how fucking COOL is this picture?

supposedly he brushed our badge off after taking it ;_;

1374676806_obama-brush-ya-shoulders-off-o.gif

L1NETT

Think how much cooking of the books would need to be done to "prove" he has taken a paycut

Isn't the whole of FFP just a mega game of fiddling the books and holding back academy kids to fill up English quotas?

Arguing which of the petros spends more is a bit silly. They all spend a metric fuck ton on transfers and contracts. But sadly in 2014 that's how it's gotta be before the inevitable Qatar based European Super League where all the oil clubs can go and out oil each other

fuenf

ZEIT has interviewed Klose and he describes his time at Bayern as the most difficult of his career. Klose: "working with van Gaal was a hard time for me. I didn't feel free, it was very difficult to satisfy his expectations. He wanted me to make runs that I simply didn't see.I gave my best, but sometimes things don't work out."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom