• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Topo

Five years ago today, Arjen Robben joined FC Bayern from Real Madrid for 24M euros. He scored a brace on his debut.

Thanks for 2013, arjen. Forever a legend.

What a massive player.

Its also crazy how we lost that 'glas man' stigma. They Bayern doctors took good care of him.

Truly a legend. I still remember his debut against Wolfsburg.

DBT85

Shame to see us crash out in that manner especially since it might well have been our only chance of a trophy this season, as laughable as that is.

But I can't hate on Gaal yet, Moyes was left a turd but it was a turd that won the league. Gaal has been left a dried up hairy turd and Woowar hasn't seemed to have a large enough rocket up his backside until the season started by which point the prices went up, again.

Part of me is a little glad that the start to the season has been this bad, as the Glazers can see how dearly they need to open the chequebook.

Bold One

Browsing off topic this morning. Open the J-Lo & Iggy Azalea thread. Damn, Iggy has one helluva ass.

she has a very average face, I see better looking girls on my commute on a daily basis, she just happens to slim with a lot of fat in the lower part of her body, and she happens to be white too

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Iggy's a strange looking lass. She looks albino. Is she albino. Pls help.

iggy-azalea-no-makeup-2__oPt.jpg

Lightning

Banned
Shame to see us crash out in that manner especially since it might well have been our only chance of a trophy this season, as laughable as that is.

But I can't hate on Gaal yet, Moyes was left a turd but it was a turd that won the league. Gaal has been left a dried up hairy turd and Woowar hasn't seemed to have a large enough rocket up his backside until the season started by which point the prices went up, again.

Part of me is a little glad that the start to the season has been this bad, as the Glazers can see how dearly they need to open the chequebook.
United fans talk a lot about the chequebook without realising how much United have already spent.

Shaw - 30m
Fellaini - 27.5
Mata - 37.5
Rojo - 15
Di Maria - 59.7
Herrera - 30m

If that was City or Chelsea United fans would be crying but it's much different when it's them bleating about more more more. Looking at that spending Glazers are certainly not being tight.

I still can't believe that Roma sold Benatia.I had wanted to cling to the belief that Italy was still a big footballing country, but we now are just a sick joke. This feels like it is the biggest signing ever from Italy to Germany. That land of the barbarian now feels it can raid us whenever they want. Soon it is only a matter of time before players start moving to Holland and we only serve as a country teams send their younsters to get loan experience.

Please can teams out there save Pogba, Vidal, El Shaarawy, Mastour, De Sciglio, Pjanic and Higuain from us.

Jack cw

I still can't believe that Roma sold Benatia.I had wanted to cling to the belief that Italy was still a big footballing country, but we now are just a sick joke. This feels like it is the biggest signing ever from Italy to Germany. That land of the barbarian now feels it can raid us whenever they want. Soon it is only a matter of time before players start moving to Holland and we only serve as a country teams send their younsters to get loan experience.

I know how you feel m8.
10 years ago, Bundesliga was the same.
Anyway, I still thank Roma for Benatia. This is the first time since more than a decade that Bayern has a worldclss defence now.

Woke up and saw the United score
T6SQfa3.gif

I would laugh at United, but I know Arsenal will give away a stupid free kick in the 89th minute and end up crashing out of Eurooe on a score draw, and Italy will be down to two CL teams. Well at least both cases will mean more money for City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Juve and Roma.

Yager

Banned
I know how you feel m8.
Anyway, I still thank Roma for Benatia. This is the first time since more than a decade that Bayern has a worldclss defence now.

Now it's different but because of instead of leaving the country, all good players end up in Bayern.

I know how you feel m8.

They didn't even make you work hard for it. How Luiz cost more I will never know.

Jack cw

Now it's different but because of instead of leaving the country, all good players end up in Bayern.

Dont think so. Maybe world class players join Bayern because they are able to pay the wages and offer them better chances of winning titles than other teams in the league. But look at Dortmund, Leverkusen, Schalke, Gladbach, Hoffenheim, Wolfsburg. Their squads today have class palyers domestic as well as players from other countries. The level is way higher than it was around end 90s, begining of 2000.

They didn't even make you work hard for it. How Luiz cost more I will never know.
Bayern has bought one of the best scouts in Europe this summer. Apparently he knows how to negotiate.

United fans talk a lot about the chequebook without realising how much United have already spent.

Shaw - 30m
Fellaini - 27.5
Mata - 37.5
Rojo - 15
Di Maria - 59.7
Herrera - 30m

If that was City or Chelsea United fans would be crying but it's much different when it's them bleating about more more more. Looking at that spending Glazers are certainly not being tight.

United have massive commercial revenue, they can afford it plus look at any of those deals and tell me they haven't overpaid? Even rojo £16m but they are also paying £5m of his wages whilst he's on loan at sporting - so in effect it's £21m, and they still don't even have a work permit for him… RDM was off to psg for cheaper 2 weeks ago? Etc

The only one id argue might have been around the right price is mata, personally I think we should we should have got more for the cunt, but I'm biased. Not sure he's looked like a £37m player either though

Bayern's defensive depth is pretty amazing now.

Lahm + ...?
Benatia/Boateng
Dante/Badstuber
Alaba/Bernat

And then Martinez can play there too.

Just a shame Guardiola plays them all in midfield :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
JUVE IS DEAD

GdS: A virus has hit Vinovo, first Allegri, who was absent yesterday leaving his assistant Landucci to conduct the training session.

Also affected by the virus are Llorente & Giovinco, leaving the attack (no Morata) in some kind of crisis for the match vs Chievo.

Last but not least is Andrea Barzagli, the defender is working hard on returning soon but he also fell a victim of the virus.

Pereyra participated in the TIM trophy while he was suffering from a flu & Simone Padoin is also right now struggling with a flu.

Pirlo took a blow to the knee during the TIM Trophy & only tomorrow we'll know whether he will be able to travel to Verona or not.

5yafk0mkqs2.gif

Shaw - 30m
Fellaini - 27.5
Mata - 37.5
Rojo - 15
Di Maria - 59.7
Herrera - 30m

In the context of one summer, no.

But then why would you look at their ownership in that way?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Told you guys Woody was on a MAD ONE.

If it's going to happen Juve will milk us dry, though.

Does Vidal wear Adidas?

the pink boots are Nike, right? So Nike then.

"there are talks that Vidal has already agreed a 5-year contract with Manchester which will see him earn 8m euros/year."

Jack cw

Just a shame Guardiola plays them all in midfield :(

Well, we have Thiago, Martinez and Schweini out, so Alaba had to play in midfield and Bernat was replacing Ribery in one game. All of them will play in defence though. The 3-5-2 is variable, so Alaba and Lahm/Bernat are going to play as "midfielders" when Bayern has possession and defenders when the opposition attacks. So, 3-5-2 to 5-3-1.

Nicktendo86

As crazy as it sounds, even if we signed Vidal I'm not sure we'd make it.

We are just really bad.
IF we had Vidal we would have a very good midfield and front line, the defence is deader than a dodo though which isnreslly worrying me. Problem is everyone is so strong can't tell who would drop out the top 4 for us to replace.

I still thank you for the regualr gifts you send me.

Didn't realise it's you :p

They're gifts that can only be sent to you btw, all of my legendaries are kept safe and sound in my Stash :p

Are the items any good?

Killed 3 Nemesis' that have killed Bumhead now. He must be shit ¬¬

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As crazy as it sounds, even if we signed Vidal I'm not sure we'd make it.

We are just really bad.

really?

---------RVP-------
Mata-Rooney-ADM
-----Vidal---Herrera---

---RVP--Rooney---
---------Mata-----
Shaw---Vidal--Herrera---ADM

really?

Shaw - 30m
Fellaini - 27.5
Mata - 37.5
Rojo - 15
Di Maria - 59.7
Herrera - 30m

I will just post this again:

x9oR1sf.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom