• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

I guess we'll need someone else to take Sinclair.

My first thought. Newcastle and West Ham apparently want Richards, now just someone needs to take Sinclair and City are done. Guidetti seems gone too.

Daniel Taylor @DTguardian · 9m
Just a little one: expecting John Guidetti to leave #MCFC in next few days. Feyenoord, Ajax and Celtic all asked about him this summer

No word on Nastasic in the last few days.

Esch

Banned
He openly admits to being attracted to 12/13 year old girls. Says as long as he doesn't touch them it's okay

oh thats cool, i didn't know you worked with WoodenLung

jq0Xd4rxIRGcn.png

Elchele

I know how you feel m8.
10 years ago, Bundesliga was the same.
Anyway, I still thank Roma for Benatia. This is the first time since more than a decade that Bayern has a worldclss defence now.

We don't. Just because you have top class CBs (maybe Boateng could be WC now) doesn't mean you have a world class defense, for that you need a great defensive tactic system, which we don't have with Guardiola.

Heynckes's Bayern defense in the second season was the best defense I've seen in a long time. Solid as fuck and without world class defenders, except for Lahm.

Salvadora

We don't. Just because you have top class CBs (maybe Boateng could be WC now) doesn't mean you have a world class defense, for that you need a great defensive tactic system, which we don't have with Guardiola.

Heynckes's Bayern defense in the second season was the best defense I've seen in a long time. Solid as fuck and without world class defenders, except for Lahm.
In addition, proclaiming this the best defence Bayern have had in a decade without having seen them kick a ball is very premature.

It was only a matter of months ago that you were humiliated by Madrid at home.

Clegg

Bought Fallout 3 and all DLC. Haven't played it in years an have never tried the DLC. I have two weeks before i go back to Uni.

Who needs defense when you have possession for the entire game? /tikitaka

Using Spurs as a berometer, not City away.

And besides, I thought we were quite good against them.

I thought it was a middling performance. City are Galaxy-class yes, but the shakiness of Lovren and Moreno worried me (though at least Skrtel seemed to keep his concentration, iirc). I need to see those 2, Sterling and Allen step up against Spurs before my shaken confidence is steadied.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Don't think Fazio is a very good signing, but lets wait and see how he adapts to EPL. No doubt he'll be better than Dawson anyway.

I think with him and Kaboul as the 'muscle' and Vertonghen, Dier and (if he stays) Chiriches, that's a decent set of defenders.

For £12m we have signed two decent CBs this summer, I'm satisfied. I still maintain that our defenders were made to look horrendous last season due to the terrible set-up and work-rate of the team last season. Lloris had to work his arse off even against shite teams.

Yen

I thought it was a middling performance. City are Galaxy-class yes, but the shakiness of Lovren and Moreno worried me (though at least Skrtel seemed to keep his concentration, iirc). I need to see those 2, Sterling and Allen step up against Spurs before my shaken confidence is steadied.

Lovren's second, and Moreno's first appearance - shakiness to be expected.

Salvadora

I don't think that match was a case of "City (and Chelsea) have spent a fortune and everyone else is a step below" like some have said.

It was just more bad defending from Liverpool which can certainly be used as a barometer.

L1NETT

Williams, Darby, McArdle, Sheehan, Meredith, Liddle, Knott, Kennedy, Clarke, Mclean, Hanson

COME ON CITY

Davies injured. Bennett and Pickford unavailable

HALP

I think with him and Kaboul as the 'muscle' and Vertonghen, Dier and (if he stays) Chiriches, that's a decent set of defenders.

For £12m we have signed two decent CBs this summer, I'm satisfied. I still maintain that our defenders were made to look horrendous last season due to the terrible set-up and work-rate of the team last season. Lloris had to work his arse off even against shite teams.

Pochettino is apparently a good defensive coach. He should be able to sort our defence out. Hopefully.

Lovren's second, and Moreno's first appearance - shakiness to be expected.

Can't afford too much more of that if you're going to win the title.

Any idea why? I'd like for him to stay and just sell Mikel instead but I know that won't happen.

The central midfield is not large enough to sell anyone, without bringing in another. Ginkel just wants to stay and fight for his place.

@FabrizioRomano
Marco Van Ginkel some minutes ago refused loan to AC Milan: he wants to stay at Chelsea, as confirmed by his agent #CFC

omgkitty

arseblog ‏@arseblog 51s

Szczesny – Debuchy – Mertesacker – Koscielny – Monreal – Flamini – Wilshere – Ozil – Cazorla – Oxlade-Chamberlain – Alexis

Subs: Martinez, Chambers, Rosicky, Coquelin, Podolski, Sanogo, Campbell

LTWheels

In today's Evening Standard:

United players are shocked by VaG's tough training regime. Players have become bemused by changes to their daily schedule, with new times set aside for training sessions and eating. "United have stuck with old routines for main years and the changes are causing confusion" according to a United player. "Van Gaal stands on the sidelines and does a lot of shouting and brawling. It's been an eye opener and not how we expected. Sir Alex knew how to use the hair dryer but this is on full blast. The trouble is, it's not working".

Nicktendo86

United players are shocked by VaG's tough training regime. Players have become bemused by changes to their daily schedule, with new times set aside for training sessions and eating. "United have stuck with old routines for main years and the changes are causing confusion" according to a United player. "Van Gaal stands on the sidelines and does a lot of shouting and brawling. It's been an eye opener and not how we expected. Sir Alex knew how to use the hair dryer but this is on full blast. The trouble is, it's not working".
Ewwwwwwwwww

LegoArmo

It's okay Tom, you're leaving anyway.

Elchele

According to spanish sources, Bayern are interested in signing Xabi Alonso.

I would take him. He's class and we could send Lahm back to RB position, very short-term solution to give Pierre-Emile/Gaudino/Scholl time to develop

Blablurn

According to spanish sources, Bayern are interested in signing Xabi Alonso.

I would take him. He's class and we could send Lahm back to RB position, very short-term solution to give Pierre-Emile/Gaudino/Scholl time to develop

No way he wants to leave Madrid

omgkitty

Beşiktaş JK ‏@Besiktas 21m

Arsenal maçı 11'imiz: Tolga - İsmail - Pedro - Ersan - Motta - Atiba - Veli - Mustafa - Oğuzhan - Olcay - Demba Ba

lmao what a bunch of babies. That sounds tame compared to some of the shenanigans Bielsa pulls in training.

That's some fucking weak shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom