• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's Evening Standard:

United players are shocked by VaG's tough training regime. Players have become bemused by changes to their daily schedule, with new times set aside for training sessions and eating. "United have stuck with old routines for main years and the changes are causing confusion" according to a United player. "Van Gaal stands on the sidelines and does a lot of shouting and brawling. It's been an eye opener and not how we expected. Sir Alex knew how to use the hair dryer but this is on full blast. The trouble is, it's not working".

This reminds me of 'if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball' for some reason

L1NETT

BwEBT03IUAAr4bM.jpg

Not sure what to make of that Leeds team

Worried about Billy Sharp

He can fuck off

They probably get paid for that, surely?

Oh my god this fucking gonk thinks Newcastle should sign Wickham -_-

Lol, it woud take a lot of money for me to agree to knock most of my teeth out, shave random chunks of my hair off and then put on about ten stone. Not to mention cut half my tongue off so I speak like i've got a mouth full of Brussel sprouts. #jezza

And lol, Wickham is gash, a Mackem gash

Salvadora

I've actually been surprised by how emotionless LVG has been during matches.

Just sits on the bench for the whole 90 minutes and doesn't get animated from what I've seen.

Hixx

Pantilimon, Jones, Brown, O’Shea (c), Vergini, Johnson, Larsson, Bridcutt, Gomez, Wickham, Altidore.

JOOOOOOOZY

Why the fuck is he playing Brown. He can't do 3 games in a week Gus. He will disintegrate.

Barzul

DAMNIT ARSENE OZIL IS NOT A FUCKING LM.

BwEBeFFCYAAVTcD.jpg

I've been banging it since the start of the season than Wenger is fully commited to playing Wilshere in the center this season. He's shifted Ozil because of Jack. Don't let the fact that Ramsey is not eligible be a consideration. If Ramsey was fit, Jack would still play. He must be seeing something in training like with Ramsey, because I'm not seeing it.

I've been banging it since the start of the season than Wenger is fully commited to playing Wilshere in the center this season. He's shifted Ozil because of Jack. Don't let the fact that Ramsey is not eligible be a consideration. If Ramsey was fit, Jack would still play. He must be seeing something in training like with Ramsey, because I'm not seeing it.

Neither is anyone else.

Wilshire is fucking dogshit terrible. And people lolled at me for saying Jordan Henderson was better. One of the best english midfielders currently.

Wilshire is dead weight

omgkitty

Fuck Jack. We payed 40m for Ozil and he needs to play through the middle. There's no reason why Ozil is out wide and Santi is through the middle. It better just be on the sheet.

wedward

arseblog ‏@arseblog 51s

Szczesny – Debuchy – Mertesacker – Koscielny – Monreal – Flamini – Wilshere – Ozil – Cazorla – Oxlade-Chamberlain – Alexis

Subs: Martinez, Chambers, Rosicky, Coquelin, Podolski, Sanogo, Campbell

I think Santi will be on the wing. I was wrong last time, but we will see.

Ozil is ok on the wing. More pace than Jack or Santiago.

Neither is anyone else.

Wilshire is fucking dogshit terrible. And people lolled at me for saying Jordan Henderson was better. One of the best english midfielders currently.

Wilshire is dead weight

Jack is without a doubt more talented than Henderson. He hasn't been good recently, but it's hard to watch both of them and think Henderson is more talented.

omgkitty

I think Santi will be on the wing. I was wrong last time, but we will see.

Ozil is ok on the wing. More pace than Jack or Santiago.

But he doesn't track back and defend. When he's in the middle, his defensive deficiencies aren't really an issue. This is why we need a real LM / LW. Just sticking an attacking midfielder out there is stupid.

Manager

BwEBT03IUAAr4bM.jpg

Not sure what to make of that Leeds team

Worried about Billy Sharp

He can fuck off

Backup goalkeeper and a mix of starters and reserves. This however might be their best team considering the regulars have been crap in the league.

Bianchi was good in preseason, Tonge, Norris, Wootton are probably a bit rusty. Smith is super tall, could be dangerous for crosses.

I guess you could say it's their backup GP, their best:ish defense (bar Wootton), their backup midfielders and their best strikers.

edit
However, all four midfielders are central midfielders and three of the defenders are CBs... errr.

wedward

Even if Arsenal win today they'll run into Dortmund or Bayern eventually. Then the dream will be over.

We beat Dortmund in Germany last year.

They are worse this year.

What a silly thing to say anyway. You mean in a knockout tournament we will eventually face a better team? No shit?

Jack is without a doubt more talented than Henderson. He hasn't been good recently, but it's hard to watch both of them and think Henderson is more talented.

I've yet to see Wilshire play brilliantly in a match. Just average.

We just have to disagree I reckon. He could prove me wrong and play a blinder today.

Then I'd fart and wake up lol

United players are shocked by VaG's tough training regime. Players have become bemused by changes to their daily schedule, with new times set aside for training sessions and eating. "United have stuck with old routines for main years and the changes are causing confusion" according to a United player. "Van Gaal stands on the sidelines and does a lot of shouting and brawling. It's been an eye opener and not how we expected. Sir Alex knew how to use the hair dryer but this is on full blast. The trouble is, it's not working".

Sounds like bullshit because as Salva says...

I've actually been surprised by how emotionless LVG has been during matches.

Just sits on the bench for the whole 90 minutes and doesn't get animated from what I've seen.

We beat Dortmund in Germany last year.

They are worse this year.

What a silly thing to say anyway. You mean in a knockout tournament we will eventually face a better team? No shit?
Naw it's not that - just feels like you guys always just come across one of those German teams for some reason. Haven't you got Bayern in the R16 twice in the last two years?

I was laughing when I read subheads, but there was a bit of an agenda there

Jarnet87

Watching the game yesterday it was refreshing to see Powell and Anderson at least attempt some high skill passes. Ando played a very nice forward ball to Welbeck i think it was, Cleverly wouldn't have attempted a pass like that even if there were no defenders on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom