• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Sixty

The Sun say Costa is out for 6 weeks.

Fernando_Torres.jpg

RISE

EmiPrime

Back home. I did not enjoy that. Except for the goal and the final whistle.

Awful nerve racking stuff as expected.

A Leeds fan on the train home argued with me that Chambers was shit and I was like, well okay there was a lot of space on the right but I dunno, maybe there was a reason he was playing like a third CB. It worked in the end didn't it.

pulga

Banned
Tomorrow is going to be a key day for the Falcao saga, seeing as Tio Flo will be in Monaco for the UCL draw.

Also, twitter is saying Xabi will be having his medical with Bayern TOMORROW.

Damn, Bayern does business quick!

Elchele

Fucking LOL at the Xabi thing

Bayern sends our way the new 24 year old hotness for peanuts, whilst we send back a declining 33 year old gentleman for almost half of what we spent on Kroos.

I'm gonna miss him, but I'm not exactly sad about it, we're more than covered in the mid.

€30M for a player in his last year of contract = peanuts? ok.

Pep already replaced Kroos with 17 years old- Gaudino. He's basically a copy of Kroos, but smaller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzjT4UxGNo – he even moves like Toni.

Xabi coming only makes sense if Pep is trying to put Lahm again as RB. Rafinha is not good enough and Lahm adds another dimension to our game as fullback.

pulga

Banned
€30M for a player in his last year of contract = peanuts? ok.

Pep already replaced Kroos with 17 years old- Gaudino. He's basically a copy of Kroos, but smaller: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzjT4UxGNo – he even moves like Toni.

Xabi coming only makes sense if Pep is trying to put Lahm again as RB. Rafinha is not good enough and Lahm adds another dimension to our game as fullback.

Some say 25, others say 30. Peanuts for a player of his calibre in todays market.

We bought Illarra for 40m #neverforget

Anywhere besides the Sun running the Costa injury story? Many may need to make a transfer in FPL asap.

Not yet.

Fucking hell, this is exactly what I was saying with squad depth and Chelsea being a "sure winner", all it takes is an injury for Costa and it's back to fucking Torres and an old ass Drogba.

Lightning

Banned
I love that Rabiot's mom is his agent.

25m is insanity. Hell, 15 seems high.

That is the world we live in now. I
I'm not to keen that he refused to train. Don't really like players who do that to force transfers. If he done it to PSG then there's nothing to suggest he won't do it to us in the future.

GorillaJu

Not yet.

Fucking hell, this is exactly what I was saying with squad depth and Chelsea being a "sure winner", all it takes is an injury for Costa and it's back to fucking Torres and an old ass Drogba.

I think you should have kept Eto'o another year. He took a while to get going but ended up getting some important goals and assists. As a second choice striker he's not a bad option.

wedward

I'm not to keen that he refused to train. Don't really like players who do that to force transfers. If he done it to PSG then there's nothing to suggest he won't do it to us in the future.

Eh, not too worried about that. Wenger handles that sort of stuff pretty well.

We don't know what is going on over in Paris. I'll be excited until given reason not to.

Elchele

Bild removed the part about "loan" from their article. It's a transfer deal. And it's happening.

Xabi Alonso accepted to earn 1m€ less at Bayern Munich, according to Onda Cero

I guess he was forced out too :lol

I think you should have kept Eto'o another year. He took a while to get going but ended up getting some important goals and assists. As a second choice striker he's not a bad option.

Need something better, Destro does seem like it will happen if Torres agrees to get loaned out... Hopefully that will be good.

Oh god

Xabi Alonso to Bayern is actually happening?

Completely objectively speaking, this is the point I'd tell Pep (or whoever is in charge for transfers at Bayern right now) to fuck off.

It's ridiculous

Bayern's board didn't want to sign Khedira because they thought they'd be downgrading Kroos to Khedira. What exactly is Xabi Alonso m8s?

Gambit

Oh god

Completely objectively speaking, this is the point I'd tell Pep (or whoever is in charge for transfers at Bayern right now) to fuck off.

It's ridiculous

Bayern's board didn't want to sign Khedira because they thought they'd be downgrading Kroos to Khedira. What exactly is Xabi Alonso m8s?

I fully agree with you until the last sentence. Alonso >>> Khedira.

Elchele

RIP Højbjerg.

He was already dead. Pep prefers Gaudino, who came from nowhere. Maybe Pierre-Emile will go on loan now

Oh god

It's ridiculous

Dunno. I think Bernat and Reina were very pointless signings. Xabi on the other hand is good business, he's great DM and we need one. As I said before, maybe he's trying to put Xabi instead of Lahm in midfield, I don't think he will replace Kroos or anything, we have Gaudino for that.

Meier

Bild removed the part about "loan" from their article. It's a transfer deal. And it's happening.

Saw earlier today that the Spanish source La Sexta are claiming he'll make €10m apparently. That'd be gross wages undoubtedly (if it were accurate).

Elchele

Saw earlier today that the Spanish source La Sexta are claiming he'll make €10m apparently. That'd be gross wages undoubtedly (if it were accurate).

yeah, has to be before taxes. That way it will make sense about him accepting to earn less at Bayern.

FootballFan

Pep is smart.

He bought Alonso so he can keep him on the bench.

Pep is embarrassed to see a player as bad as Alonso starting football matches. This way he can guarantee he gets no more games.

Paying his salary is worth it.

pulga

Banned
That's before taxes.
The reason is being forced out :lol

No he's not you daft cunt, if you're gonna be muppeting around in twitter at least get your shit straight.

Ancelotti thought Xabi Alonso didn't plan to leave. [Cadena Cope]

yeah totes sounds like he's being forced out

oh lets make Alonso one of the centerpieces of our new ad campaign and lets force him out!

base_image.jpg

Arnie

Alonso would become Bayern's best fully fit midfielder.

Bayern is a huge club to be able to experience as part of your playing career.

Alonso can fill the void in midfield left by Martinez.

Literally everyone who's baffled by some part of this transfer, especially relating to the above, is crackers. It makes absolute sense.

Baki

PSG would probably prefer to sell him then let him leave for free next summer.

Have a feeling he will get quite a bit of time this season. He is leaving PSG because he doesn't play. Can't imagine he would come to Arsenal to sit behind Flamini and Arteta.

I have never seen Rabiot play a minute of football. Headed to YouTube.

-----------Sanchex
Ozil Jacky Rambo Ox/Theo
----------Rabiot
Gibbs Kos Per Debuchy

That is a team that will get smashed at City and Chelsea.

Lol that is so true. Wenger please. Get us Schneiderlin.

Elchele

Xabi's salary was €4M,
In january he got a bump to €6M.

I guess he'll earn around €5M at Bayern.

€10M transfer fee. €10M (5+5) for two years salary
not bad

I fully agree with you until the last sentence. Alonso >>> Khedira.

Well, I never said Khedira was better than Alonso ;)

Dunno. I think Bernat and Reina were very pointless signings. Xabi on the other hand is good business, he's great DM and we need one. As I said before, maybe he's trying to put Xabi instead of Lahm in midfield, I don't think he will replace Kroos or anything, we have Gaudino for that.
Bernat is an okay signing. Hasn't looked like first team material yet but he's young, didn't cost that much and is an upgrade over Contento (lol).

Reina is a bad signing. Sure, Starke didn't look that great at times but Reina has his faults as well and will earn much more. And all that for a few matches in the cup/league? Well, okay, you have the money.

Alonso is a terrible signing all things considered. You just signed Benatia to make Pep's 3-4-3 or whatever the hell it is work. Lahm said a few times that he sees himself in midfield. Even with Schweinsteiger and Thiago out, you don't have much of a need of another DM, as the formation allows Lahm and Alaba to play there.

Jarnet87

CLEVERLEY HAS TOLD HE WON'T LEAVE

822970065.gif

1332340690327852_animate.gif

Fuck Vidal, if we can pull this off it's the greatest moment of the transfer window.

As for Carvalho, it makes no sense now. LVG does not rate him. He and Shaw were the two players that we had supposedly gotten back in March/April. If LVG really wanted him he would of been signed already, Sporting's asking price has only gone down as the summer has gone on.

FootballFan

Xabi's salary was €4M,
In january he got a bump to €6M.

I guess he'll earn around €5M at Bayern.

€10M transfer fee. €10M (5+5) for two years salary
not bad

Pretty good.

Bayern get signings done quick and easy. With great prices usually too.

We need to copy that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom