• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRJ080214LIVERPOOLFC-23.jpg

You gonna watch City-Liverpool next Monday?

We're going to get knackered.

Salvadora

Ok then, let's talk about the self indulgence and believing your own hype. Can they be linked?
I think this was a scrappy, end to end game on a horrible pitch.

Besiktas were very dangerous on the counterattack so Ramsey attempted to prevent one by trying to win a ball back that he (?) had lost. That resulted in the second yellow.

I don't think we can extrapolate much more than that.

omgkitty

Next week we should have Ozil, Mertesacker and Podolski back. Would like to see us be a bit more ruthless and just put Ox in Ramsey's place, with Sanchez on one wing and Campbell on the other.

sohois

I recall a fair few years ago Besiktas were in the same CL group as Liverpool.

Home game in Turkey, Besiktas ground out a surprise 1-0 win. Back at Anfield? Liverpool utterly destroyed them 8-0. Fair to see that Arsenal will probably be fine to go through.

calza

Why can't you put Sanchez up front, ozil behind and santi on the right?

When did Sanchez play right winger at barca?

We're going to get knackered.

That's why I've just pushed my shift back by an hour. If I'd got a shift swap and we get twatted,I'd have spent my day off brooding and reading Meier and dc89 being smug, and then felt bitter about having to work a day I'd normally have off

I'd take the jammy draw to end all jammy draws

slider

This is dumb.

They were harmless shirt pulls that most likely wouldn't result in two yellows in the league.

It's not like he came flying in with some two footed challenge because he thinks he is god and can get away with it.

They weren't harmless cos, unfortunately, he got sent off.

The self indulgence thing isn't about him thinking he can get away with it. But more trusting his ability to get him out of a very tricky situation (that bad touch started it).

Honestly, it's not that important. If it helps I think he's a great player.

wedward

They weren't harmless cos, unfortunately, he got sent off.

The self indulgence thing isn't about him thinking he can get away with it. But more trusting his ability to get him out of a very tricky situation (that bad touch started it).

Honestly, it's not that important. If it helps I think he's a great player.

Your opinion of him doesn't really matter.

Just a silly comment from you with almost zero evidence to back it up.

omgkitty

Forgot how annoyed I get when play like this. I'm glad the window is still open, but I know that Wenger is going to stick with Giroud. UGH

slider

I think this was a scrappy, end to end game on a horrible pitch.

Besiktas were very dangerous on the counterattack so Ramsey attempted to prevent one by trying to win a ball back that he (?) had lost. That resulted in the second yellow.

I don't think we can extrapolate much more than that.

Meh. Let's leave it there.

That pitch didn't help at all so looking forward to seeing the return on the silky smooth Emirates turf.

fuenf

I recall a fair few years ago Besiktas were in the same CL group as Liverpool.

Home game in Turkey, Besiktas ground out a surprise 1-0 win. Back at Anfield? Liverpool utterly destroyed them 8-0. Fair to see that Arsenal will probably be fine to go through.

but they ddnt have Slaven BIlic back then. not scoring an away goal always makes things more difficult then they should be. if you are the favorite in a tie playing the 2nd game at home doesnt have to be an advantage.

I am physically repulsed by our 4-3-3. Can Arsene please stop trying to shoehorn Wilshere into the CM? Please? Right now, that trio doesn't work at all. I really don't want to see it at Goodison (Ramsey-Flamini; Sanchez-Rosicky/Santi-Ox please).

And the boss also just had a whinge about the red as he often does, but you could quite clearly see him saying "why did you do that?" when it happened. Deserved sending off.

When is Ozil coming back

Should be back in the squad this weekend. Will almost definitely start v Besiktas next week Wednesday.

slider

Your opinion of him doesn't really matter.

Just a silly comment from you with almost zero evidence to back it up.

Oh fuck off.

Seeing as you're watching my posts you'll know I said it wasn't the first time he'd tried a bit too much. And he did in the Charity Shield too. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So, yeah, I stand by my comment that he believes the hype. And because of that he got sent off. When he could've kept possession he chose to be try to be clever and ended up getting sent off.

You're really setting yourself up for disappointment m8

Maybe but it´s going to be so damn good to see him wearing that green and white jersey again. It also gives William a reason to stay one more year.
Back in 2005, William had being Benfica and Sporting after him. Our scout knew that William was a Sporting fan and asked him who was his favorite player. The answer? "Nani".
A few hours later, young William got a call at home from Nani saying that he would like to see him in Sporting´s Academy and maybe some day they would have a chance to play together for Sporting. 9 years later, that chance is happening.

Wait Stale Solbakken is the Kopenhagen coach? that explains everything... I'm sorry Wooden.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

Ståle came in last year and started trying to fix the squad, finally got rid of the incompetent director of sports at the end of last season and got Ståle to completely remake our squad. That takes time, and with our budget we can never expect to just beat Leverkusen... Especially not when we are rebuilding a completely new team.

Ståle has given this club all the Champions League glory possible previously, 2006 was fantastic with our first CL in his first season, 2010 was even better where we became the first Danish team to make it through the group stages, he's what we needed after years of fucking clowns, and everyone are willing to give it some time.

wedward

Oh fuck off.

Seeing as you're watching my posts you'll know I said it wasn't the first time he'd tried a bit too much. And he did in the Charity Shield too. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. So, yeah, I stand by my comment that he believes the hype. And because of that he got sent off. When he could've kept possession he chose to be try to be clever and ended up getting sent off.

Yes, and it was still a silly comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom