• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
But we had already won the first leg so there was a lot less pressure. We just didn't have to fuck up but of course this being us we made it hard for ourself in the 2nd leg.

This is an entirely new situation for us. WE HAVE TO WIN. They just need a score draw and they qualify.
We are at home. Against udinese we didn't have to win but we were travelling to Italy to play a good team when we were in chaos. The pressure was similar in my view. During that udinese period was the period Fabregas and Nasri were sold.

This time round we have Sanchez, Özil, playing at home against an easier team. Udinese was worse because of the morale of the club at the time.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's an early build Zabo, or that's what I keep telling myself at least. They'll fix that before release no worries

or after! You know how awesome they are with the patches

Is Casillas the biggest example of a current player persevering through his reputation, at the cost of the club? Lopez is far, far better than him, let alone Navas

can it get any bigger than Adriano?

adriano1.jpg

or one season wonder Wesley?

you can add Zambrotta to that list as well, he continued playing for years after the World Cup for some reason

edit: fucking hell he's STILL playing

Zabojnik

It's an early build Zabo, or that's what I keep telling myself at least. They'll fix that before release no worries

or after! You know how awesome they are with the patches

That's not something you fix with patches. It's just how it is, I guess. It really makes it look like a title from 2003. I realize it's an open world game, but still. At the very least they should've come up with a decent lip synch system. Hell, Valve did it with HL2.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's not something you fix with patches. It's just how it is, I guess. It really makes it look like a title from 2003. I realize it's an open world game, but still. At the very least they should've come up with a decent lip synch system. Hell, Valve did it with HL2.

it was fine in TW2 I think, right?

WELP, we're just gonna have to focus on their eyes then

We are at home. Against udinese we didn't have to win but we were travelling to Italy to play a good team when we were in chaos. The pressure was similar in my view. During that udinese period was the period Fabregas and Nasri were sold.

This time round we have Sanchez, Özil, playing at home against an easier team. Udinese was worse because of the morale of the club at the time.

We don't even know how Ozil will play, the back four is a mess, and our talisman is suspended. We also didn't have Wenger going round talking about the importance of the game like he did this week. I feel the pressure is different because as you say the club was in chaos. Nobody was expecting us to do much that year, but there is huge hype surrounding us this season. I also believe a couple of transfers hang in the balance based on our ability to qualify.

I think we will win, but this is a team that struggled against Palace who had just lost their manager a couple days earlier. We shouldn't be so arrogant to think this will be a comfortable win.

Zabojnik

it was fine in TW2 I think, right?

WELP, we're just gonna have to focus on their eyes then

Eh, not really. Facial animation, I'd say animation in general, has always been the series' pulga's heel. It's not a HUGE problem per se, it just looks weird in the context of how beautiful everything else is. :)

Lightning

Banned
We don't even know how Ozil will play, the back four is a mess, and our talisman is suspended. We also didn't have Wenger going round talking about the importance of the game like he did this week. I feel the pressure is different because as you say the club was in chaos. Nobody was expecting us to do much that year, but there is huge hype surrounding us this season. I also believe a couple of transfers hang in the balance based on our ability to qualify.

I think we will win, but this is a team that struggled against Palace who had just lost their manager a couple days earlier. We shouldn't be so arrogant to think this will be a comfortable win.
If you read my earlier posts you will see how nervous I am regarding this fixture. I do expect Özil to play though, same with Mertesacker. Wenger confirmed after today's game that both players are available for Everton so if they don't play against Besiktas, an absolute must win under all circumstances, then serious questions need to be asked of Wenger.

Arsenal are the only team stupid enough to give extended leave to key players knowing we had cl qualifiers coming up. Higuain played for Argentina yet he was playing for Napoli in their qualifier. I've seen Bayern's german team players playing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It has been a tumultuous summer for Juventus, who lost the inspiration behind their three-year Scudetto winning streak - Antonio Conte - with the much-maligned Massimiliano Allegri his replacement. The Bianconeri have completely failed in their objective of signing a top class winger who would allow them to switch seamlessly to a 4-3-3 formation, missing out on both Cuadrado and Alexis Sanchez - the latter of whom was very buyable before the World Cup.

CEO Giuseppe Marotta has brought in the likes of Alvaro Morata, Patrice Evra, Roberto Pereyra and Romulo, but none of these players will improve the first XI. At best Juve have moved sideways, but with Andrea Pirlo and the defence a year older - and Conte gone - they have possibly moved backwards. The chance to close the gap on the European elite, barring a late coup, has been lost and even their domestic dominance may be under threat from Roma. And disappointment could yet turn into disaster if Arturo Vidal leaves.

tumblr_mvr6ynqiEQ1rv07a4o1_500.gif

Eh, not really. Facial animation, I'd say animation in general, has always been the series' pulga's heel. It's not a HUGE problem per se, it just looks weird in the context of how beautiful everything else is. :)

believe it or not, I have actually never noticed! I'm one of those people who only notices 'the good stuff' and the bad stuff just flies under my radar, unless it's TOO annoying

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Please someone nominate Pirlo!

You're the perfect boyfriend.
LOOOOOOOOOOL

I get that a lot after I tell them "You don't have to wear make up all the time, and you can do whatever you want with your hair. " I mean some foundation and an eyeliner is fine, but other than that, it's not necessary, I prefer it when a girl looks natural

but wait till they find out about my views on marriage and kids INNIT.

conan-bailout-o.gif

Ajax did the right thing and told Eto'o to make his decision before 6 PM or else he can go fuck himself, we're done wasting our time. I wonder what we're going for if he's not coming.

Salazar

Watched the Lucas Silva video

I sanction a purchase. Kid is good. Still need to get Vidal, but Silva and Herrera could do a job around him.

Kristof Terreur ‏@HLNinEngeland 2m
Marouane Fellaini apparently suffered a foot injury. No details known yet. #MUFC

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Self-harming to avoid Benitez. This is fucking unacceptable.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Watched the Lucas Silva video

I sanction a purchase. Kid is good. Still need to get Vidal, but Silva and Herrera could do a job around him.

What do you mean NEED Vidal

I don't see him in Maslow's hierarchy of needs

450px-Maslow's_hierarchy_of_needs.svg.png

doicare is missing that entire self-actualisation triangle

Think he simply replaced the whole thing with 'Luck' actually

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bayern Munich president Ruminigge "Benatia? I prefer not to say anything because if I did his price will automatically rise."

it's getting hot in here

GdS claim that Monaco's owner's strategy for the club has changed due to FFP & after his divorce cost him a staggering 3.2 Billion euros.

Monaco have so far let go off James Rodriguez, Abidal (who was captain), Obbadi, Riviere & don't have a problem with Falcao leaving.

Sure, I can see them letting go of Falcao, but why the fuck would he pick Juve? He can go anywhere he wants. I mean..

Juventus will try to get Falcao on loan & will offer substantially lower wages than what he is currently taking.

see what I'm talking about? :lol

Lightning

Banned
Szczesny: “Chambers has been fantastic for us & adapted very quickly to being a centre-back. You can’t tell that he’s only 19.” #Arsenal
The great Szcz understands!

From Monaco I wouldn't mind Moutinho. He's a very good player.

If you read my earlier posts you will see how nervous I am regarding this fixture. I do expect Özil to play though, same with Mertesacker. Wenger confirmed after today's game that both players are available for Everton so if they don't play against Besiktas, an absolute must win under all circumstances, then serious questions need to be asked of Wenger.

Arsenal are the only team stupid enough to give extended leave to key players knowing we had cl qualifiers coming up. Higuain played for Argentina yet he was playing for Napoli in their qualifier. I've seen Bayern's german team players playing.

Yeah, I think they will play but will be very rusty. I expect Ozil to last around 60 minutes against Everton. I can't help but feel they got extended breaks to keep Ozil happy. I hope he and Sanchez are clicking in training, bexause with Ramsey gone that is gonna be the key to the game.

I wasn't meaning you, but a lot of people seem to be too confident.

Salazar

With Michael Carrick out for at least two months due to an ankle issue, Fellaini’s potential unavailability would leave Van Gaal with Tom Cleverley, Ander Herrera and Darren Fletcher as his only three frontline central midfielders.

The "tense and edgy" atmosphere must be incredible.

He has won two trophies during his time and flirted with a move away.

The defining moment of his career for me will be that stupid slipping speech where he let the pressure get to him and then went on to slip and cost his sidethe title.

Top 10 captains that didn't lead their side to glory list would be good for Gerrard

What them win the title now

ALSO,

Fellani is injured

haha

we are so fucked.

Manager

So, Negredo probably coming back to Valencia..?

Dat Peter Lim money.

He's injured for at least 1½ month more and City would need to find a replacement, makes no sense. But with Dzeko's potential new contract, and with rumours of Negredo being homesick, I guess a sell would be possible in the future.

If only Real didn't want Isco, someone like him would be the perfect replacement.

Manager

What happened to Negredo last season? Started so well and then turned into Soldado.

He got a major shoulder injury around January, the loss of form came exactly after that injury. He probably never got the rest he needed since both Aguero and Jovetic were injured all the time.

I just saw Steven Gerrard is in ESPN FCs top ten captains of all time.

I really can't bother reading anything they publish anymore.

He's a kinda Jekyll & Hyde captain

He tried leaving once or twice. He's not a great leader.

but

By all account he's fantastic with new signings and youth players, he's stayed here when he was well within his rights to leave, he leads by example, there've been seasons, let alone games, where he's been tasked with holding the entire club on his shoulders and trying to be the difference between top 4 and 10th and he's never shirked that responsibility.

Also, he's calmed down a lot in recent years to cut out the things like terrible tackles and loose elbows, he punched a Manc wth the speed and precision of a professional boxer, and I don't think there have ever been issues between him and another Liverpool player.

He's basically spent the last decade being Mr Liverpool, the figurehead we've needed to stop us sliding into complete mediocrity. Whether you consider that to be relevant to his captaincy is a matter of opinion, I would though.

Terry is a better captain though tbf imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom