• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modric signs for Real Madrid till 2018.

modric_500x133.jpg

EDIT: beaten.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Put my Ronaldo on the FUT market starting at 150 for 3 hours, literally the moment i did it someone bid 15million and the bidding is now over, I wonder if there are bots doing this? Every Ronadlo I see is 15million, no matter how far away the bidding time. I was hoping for a really cool bid war :(

pulga

Banned
Modric has extended his contract! YESSS! 4 more years!

Now do Di Maria, Florentino you daft old cunt

Edit: omg im dc'ing thanks to dc

Its been a good run FootyGAF. ADIOS.

Arnie

I'd love Balotelli.

Can't hide it.

Love it.

He's crazy and mad and mental and chaotic and a handful and I just want to see him dancing with Sterling and Sturridge.

Needs to grow up, though. Brendan needs to give him the Sturridge talk, privately this time, and let him know that everything he wants from a career is here he only has to earn it.

Balotelli would be a disaster. Unless he starts every game he will destroy the team.

That's why I'd take him on loan with a view to buy him but don't want to buy him outright. There's no reason for Milan to loan him though

Rodgers is a great man-manager by all accounts, Balotelli needs a dozen psychologists

That list is not only missing Paolo Maldini, but even Cesare Maldini. Can't take that list seriously tbh.

For me Paolo is the greatest. A servent of his club for over two decade, a model professional, never looked to leave the club AFAIK, and led the Azzurri with great pride. A natural born leader who had the respect of every other footballer and fan, well except the Milan ultras lol.

What was their criteria? Franz, Gerrard, Baresi and Zoff all 'captained' in different ways

Or for 15 mins
Who is the greatest captain of all time? From Aug. 18 to 29, ESPN FC will reveal its 10-man short list of the finest skippers to have graced the game, before conducting a vote for the winner. The result will be revealed Sept. 1.

Typical ESPN, no real criteria. As much as Del Boy hurt me and Totti back in 2000. It is crazy he isn't on that list for Serie B alone. Gerrard and Keane would have been off straight away.

GorillaJu

I'm against signing Balotelli and have no idea where these rumors came from but I think the thing Liverpool offers him is the chance to not be the main man at all times. He seems to deal most poorly when he has pressure on him.

sohois

Loan to buy would be far too good a deal from Liverpool's perspective to turn down. Takes away all of the risk and leaves all of the reward for Balotelli.

If his personality is a problem or he gets into trouble on the pitch, or he's just shit then Liverpool can simply cancel the loan or not buy him.

But if Liverpool can calm him down and get him to reach his potential then Liverpool will have a world class striker on the cheap, just like Sturridge was.

For me Paolo is the greatest. A servent of his club for over two decade, a model professional, never looked to leave the club AFAIK, and led the Azzurri with great pride. A natural born leader who had the respect of every other footballer and fan, well except the Milan ultras lol.

Typical ESPN, no real criteria. As much as Del Boy hurt me and Totti back in 2000. It is crazy he isn't on that list for Serie B alone. Gerrard and Keane would have been off straight away.

Maldini's last match is perhaps the most angry I've been about Serie A tbh. Ultra cunts

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Vidal not playing at all for Juve because of injury would rule him out of any plans we have you feel, clearly recovering very slow.

Arnie

By all accounts I'm an expert in Balotelli, I've managed him myself.

It was a network game. I was Napoli, my m8 was Udinese. In our first season my friend loaned Mario for a year and his 20+ goals fuelled his title push.

Next summer Mario went back on the market and both my friend and I moved to sign him permanently. I won the race, Balotelli came to Naples.

Balotelli was ostensibly a backup to Cavani. But he was useful. I had a lot of games and he scored me a lot of goals. Sure, he had tantrums and days where he failed to perform, but as a backup and a part of the squad he was exceptional at getting goals.

We ended that season winning the title, as well as the Italian cup. Sure, a month prior I'd had an irreparable row with Balotelli which resulted in me shipping him out at a substantial loss, but the silverware remained.

Get him on a loan. Get his goals. Have a laugh. Move on.

I'd love Balotelli.

Can't hide it.

Love it.

He's crazy and mad and mental and chaotic and a handful and I just want to see him dancing with Sterling and Sturridge.

Needs to grow up, though. Brendan needs to give him the Sturridge talk, privately this time, and let him know that everything he wants from a career is here he only has to earn it.

Balotelli will kill Sterlings development, like he ruined El Shaarawy. As soon as he gets the ball he is either looking to shoot or draw a foul. El Shaz runs and movements were wasted when Balotelli came.

Gerrard wouldn't have allowed us to fix matches like Del Piero did ¬¬

And I'm aware that this is my second response to the same post

Zabojnik

Was Zidane really a great captain?

zidaneale.png

Not really, lol.

Zoff.

Legend. My uncle used to live next door to him.

Wuuut? I need to know more.

Why are arctic monkeys songs always like 3 mins mates?

The attention span of their fans

Really? They feel like they're about an hour each

iuAG7kLUBzkzB.gif

You can only shuffle around those three chords for so long, amirite? #ProgFace

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vidal not playing at all for Juve because of injury would rule him out of any plans we have you feel, clearly recovering very slow.

He's 100% not injured. He played like 25 mins in some preseason game a week ago

Ahhh my bad. The video I was thinking of is an abridged version of that.

The blood splattering on his coat...

that stomach shoryuken..

I can't

Mr Cola

He's 100% not injured. He played like 25 mins in some preseason game a week ago

The blood splattering on his coat...

that stomach shoryuken..

I can't

In your honest opinion then, why isnt he being played? Mitten said yesterday that his sources said he was off apparently, that doesnt mean to us. Whole thing just confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom