• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

aZsWBqi.png

hell, even Wikipedia says you're bottom of the barrel :/

6z6RhvA.png

please understand and try to keep calm

Yeah because someone like Dennis Bergkamp isn't a legend because he never won a CL and stayed with Arsenal until the end of his career? I'm sure Thierry Henry wouldn't be a legend had he not gone to Barca....or Vieira...or Pires, Ljungberg....should I keep going? Ramsey is 24 years old, and our team is only getting better. I'm sure he'll have plenty of trophies by the time he retires.

Yeah because someone like Dennis Bergkamp isn't a legend because he never won a CL and stayed with Arsenal until the end of his career? I'm sure Thierry Henry wouldn't be a legend had he not gone to Barca....or Vieira...or Pires, Ljungberg....should I keep going?

Those all won the PL though.

pulga

Banned
Yeah because someone like Dennis Bergkamp isn't a legend because he never won a CL and stayed with Arsenal until the end of his career? I'm sure Thierry Henry wouldn't be a legend had he not gone to Barca....or Vieira...or Pires, Ljungberg....should I keep going?

you're kinda proving my point there, most (all?) won the PL with you lot. Like I said originally, meaningful titles.

edit: plenty of community shields mean diddly-squat

edit edit: or titles won when he moves to Barcelona

Arnie

Yeah I thought so. Enjoy that Liverpool.
It'll be painful seeing all that money go out of the clubs's bank balance, even with a world class striker on the pitch.

I'd rather stockpile the Dunking Donuts and shirt sale dosh for our owners to have a lovely party or go on holiday to Dubai.

I doubt we'd sanction stupid wages.Besides, I imagine if Falcao was that arsed about people matching his salary, he wouldn't be desperate to leave Monaco.
he'd be dumb not to take the money thou, 28 years old with a long term contract, top 10 in terms of salaries in the world.

wedward

It'll be painful seeing all that money go out of the clubs's bank balance, even with a world class striker on the pitch.

I'd rather stockpile the Dunking Donuts and shirt sale dosh for our owners to have a lovely party or go on holiday to Dubai.

Pretty much.

If you can afford it why not?

Unless it affects next summers window.

this is why I love the EPL, a club like QPR can get a player like Leroy Fer, well regarded, in Spain Sevilla a high middle team can barely afford loans.

King_Moc

Banned

The rumour is lfc offering £200k p/w. He's on €350k p/w now.

I think it's bollocks. Trying to straighten out balotelli is probably a better option.

It's their owners though. They throw money around for fun.
yeah, but it makes for a more competitive league; Atletico as good as they have been they got Ansaldi and Thiago on loan, Griezman on payments, Mandzukic on the cheap, Jimenez on payments and a 124-140m delayed tax payback to Revenue Service in Spain. rest of the teams in spain with the exception of Valencia, are just grabbing leftovers.

omgkitty

Would rather we squander that money on a Reus than a Falcao. 29yrs old, recovering from ACL injury, no pl experience. Yeah no thanks I'd rather Reus.

For the amount of money it would probably take to sign Falcao, I'm sure Dortmund would accept that bid. Around 60m probably?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
too much love for Vidal and Pirlo on this board, true football fans know the heart of Juve is Marchisio.
too much love for Vidal and Pirlo on this board, true football fans know the heart of Juve is Marchisio.

for anyone following brazil's first squad under dunga
Keepers: Jefferson (Botafogo) y Rafael (Nápoles/ITA);
Defenders: Danilo (Oporto/POR), Maicon (Roma/ITA), Filipe Luis (Chelsea/ING) y Alex Sandro (Oporto/POR), David Luiz, Marquinhos (París Saint Germain/FRA), Miranda (Atlético de Madrid/ESP) Gil (Corinthians)
Midfielders: Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg/ALE), Elías (Corinthians), Fernandinho (Manchester City/ING), Ramires, Oscar (Chelsea/ING), Everton Ribeiro (Cruzeiro)
Forwards: Hulk (Zenit/RUS), Ricardo Goulart (Cruzeiro), Willian (Chelsea/ING), Neymar (Barcelona/ESP), Philippe Coutinho (Liverpool/ING) Diego Tardelli (Atlético Mineiro).
About time he called Miranda and Filipe Luis, also glad to see some new faces

Of course they would accept. He'll leave for half the amount next season otherwise. Just need to convince the player.

That's under the assumption that he'll want to leave Dortmund when the new release clause comes into effect

Losing Lewandowski and Reus in the space of a year for a combined £25m or whatever it would be horrendous

LegoArmo

I heard Premier League Pass is suspending some accounts? Anyone here experience that?

And, it's a long shot, but does anyone use LivePDC.TV?

sohois

They are raving about Roberts on the radio

Sterling and Roberts for England and Liverpool would be sexual

Though he has been linked with Liverpool quite frequently, and his parents are supposedly big Liverpool fans, I doubt anything will come of it.

Liverpool simply have too many youngsters to make it worthwhile now. Ibe, Wilson, Peterson, to name a few of the more prominent. If by next year he is in a position to be pushing the first team then maybe.

LAM09

yeah, but it makes for a more competitive league; Atletico as good as they have been they got Ansaldi and Thiago on loan, Griezman on payments, Mandzukic on the cheap, Jimenez on payments and a 124-140m delayed tax payback to Revenue Service in Spain. rest of the teams in spain with the exception of Valencia, are just grabbing leftovers.

I guess so, but only if they don't get relegated again. As long as TV money situation in Spain is the same; things will never change.

Carbonox

Platinum'd The Last of Us and now got nothing to play until next Friday when Metro Redux is out. 1st world problems innit.

Tried Strider and that's shite. That leaves me with returning to FIFA 14. Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom