• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy

Doesn't the Champions League money go up again next year thanks to the BT Deal?

I think that may be a reason that FSG would be willing to sanction a huge loan fee for Falcao.

Still not convinced it's going to happen, though.

Stubo

We should really fire Woodward regardless of what happens at the end of this transfer window

Even if he signs us Vidal AND Di Maria I won't forgive him

EzjP2Bz.jpg

Barzul

Arsenal talk is permitted from 1 am CET when the rest of us fuck off to bed, mmkay?

Seriously, let me put this bluntly: we'll talk about Ramsey being "up there" when he helps Arsenal to win a meaningful title. Fuck, I'll be gracious and slide that down to "help Arsenal out of the eternal fourth place finish". Until then, he has no business being uttered in the same sentence as Modric, Toure, Vidal, etc. True greats.

Ramsey is in fine company with the likes of Pogba and Verratti, but nothing more, yet.

Of course Modric looks good when he's surrounded with 200m+ worth of talent. What did he achieve at Spurs? Exactly. This is not me saying Modric isn't a fantastic player, he is.

Arnie

I didn't say Liverpool shouldn't go for Falcao and instead go for X.

I was stating that it isn't as simple as "the money is better off spent than in the owners pocket" that is often thrown about during the transfer window.
With a large hole in the squad and 10 days of the window left it absolutely is that simple.

If we don't get Falcao we won't get anyone because nobody else is of the standard we require. We don't just want a body.

Labadal

Can Django play behind Falcao?

Or can Liverpool play a 4-4-2 with their current players + Falcao?

Well not YOU
I want Balotelli. The fact that he can get a red card at any moments will add to the excitement.

(Brendan will touch his face.)

We should really fire Woodward regardless of what happens at the end of this transfer window

Even if he signs us Vidal AND Di Maria I won't forgive him

There is no we.

Go back to Wooden for advice and find yourself an Autumn. I, Summer, have moved on from you.

ibdbsfftKmCxNU.gif

Salvadora

Gais, there ain't a hope in hell we're getting Falcao. It'll be either Bony or the OAP.
I think, honestly, you are better to wait and see who becomes available.

Don't rush out and make purchase players like Bony for the sake of "numbers."

Arsenal got through last season with more fixtures than Liverpool with 3 CBs and 2 (at a push if we count Sanogo) CFs.

Dortmund is getting two large stockholders tomorrow with Puma and Signal Iduna, which will bring about 110m €.

Not sure what to think about Puma :x

Watzke is still mad at Nike, Adidas is not happening and the rest is even worse than Puma. Guess it makes sense if Puma wants do do it.

Also, fuck the money. Throw it all at Reus (and Hummels)
TGNz0rC.png

Walshy

Can Django play behind Falcao?

Or can Liverpool play a 4-4-2 with their current players + Falcao?
4-3-3, with Sturridge playing wide similar to what we did sometimes with Suarez last year.

Sturridge - Falcao - Sterling
Lallana/Coutinho
Henderson Gerrard
Moreno - Sakho - Lovren - Manquillo
Mignolet

I'm guessing it would be like that.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I want Balotelli. The fact that he can get a red card at any moments will add to the excitement.

(Brendan will touch his face.)

Believe me, you don't want Balotelli 😢

He'll destroy your battleship from within, like the Hulk in the Avengers movie

wedward

Watzke is still mad at Nike, Adidas is not happening and the rest is even worse than Puma. Guess it makes sense if Puma wants do do it.

TGNz0rC.png

Dortmund were resisting advances from several sides over Reus’ availability but Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has not ruled out selling the in-demand German international.

Speaking to Der Westen, as reported by Metro, Watzke said on the matter:

‘We will have to wait and see whether we can keep hold of Marco.

‘All I can say is that I know him really well and it’s not about money with him.’

Care to comment, Milch?

Maddox

I don't know how i feel about this Falcao thing, part of me says fuck it because there doesn't seem to be anyone else. It is going to lead to Borini going the other way for 14m though, which ain't so bad.

wedward

DC @DeanLDN22 · 23m
If it's 11:55 on transfer deadline day and we haven't signed anyone, I'm taking Song #WelcomeSong

Agree with this.

Randdalf

H-Z9-ig6.jpeg

Does this Pompey player remind you of anyone?

Wilshere in a blonde wig.

He's a really promising defender too, only turned 18 yesterday and looks to be playing regularly in League Two this season. Could see him moving onto bigger things in a few years. Hopefully for a pretty penny.

Salvadora

DC @DeanLDN22 · 23m
If it's 11:55 on transfer deadline day and we haven't signed anyone, I'm taking Song #WelcomeSong

Agree with this.
He's poisonous and can get the fuck.

Still remember the stories of Bouldy getting in a shouting match with him when he was trying to force a move.

Yeah, this tie is basically over. Lille can't go away to a place like Porto and win by 2 goals. You'd barely back them to do that against Evian (not even the team, the people who bottle the water).

And wtf @ Fulham losing at home again?

Thanks for the new CEO Arsenal. We needed one desperately.

You deserve him for Crowley m8.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's true.

What I would really want is for us to sign Vidal, Pogba and Marchisio.

this is like telling someone "you're right, fish in the sea and all that...but what I really want is to fuck your girlfriend, sister and mum"

How am I supposed to respond to that

look at me

severin

I think, honestly, you are better to wait and see who becomes available.

Don't rush out and make purchase players like Bony for the sake of "numbers."

Arsenal got through last season with more fixtures than Liverpool with 3 CBs and 2 (at a push if we count Sanogo) CFs.

Agreed. But Giroud is made of fucking titanium, whereas Sturridge won't play close to 45-50 games. I don't want to be stuck with just Lambert, and I doubt Rodgers does either. I'd be fine with a loan deal for Eto'o, he was fine towards the tail end of the season, and he's not coming from some barren wasteland like Russia again; he knows the league and I'd guess he'd know his place in the team too.

Have a sickening feeling we'll still go for Bony though.

He's won in three seasons at Juve what Arsene has managed to win in a lifetime at Arsenal.

"bu- but Serie A...lol?"

No one in the real world cares if you think Serie A is not up to snuff, but history will remember Vidal as a legend in one of the biggest clubs in the world and Ramsey as some dope who wasted his potential at an European minnow.

Top class of course, but I wouldn't have cited Modric as one of the greats judging by his time at Tottenham.

Will history really care about him winning the Serie A? That would be like saying people care about who won the Norwegian league in 1967. No one cares about Serie A right now that's why attendance rates are dropping, even the freaking fans of the league don't care.

Clegg

David Conn has published his annual Glazer bashing article. He's been right in their case for years and only now are fans starting to realise how parasitic the clubs owners really are. He makes a good point about United's scouting network too. It's years behind other too sides.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Will history really care about him winning the Serie A? That would be like saying people care about who won the Norwegian league in 1967. No one cares about Serie A right now that's why attendance rates are dropping, even the freaking fans of the league don't care.

This is quite literally the stupidest and most uniformed post I've ever read on Footygaf

And this is coming from someone who refuses to defend Serie A

Pennywise

TGNz0rC.png

That isn't the typical sponsoring deal though, but looks like Puma is really interested to create something.And let's not forget that Puma has Reus as one of the more prominent faces.

Oh god I wanna see Rumenigges face when Reus extends his contract :D

And the money partly goes into the debt we have, 40m or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom