• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

You don't think he'd be tempted if PSG offered Zlatan money? They won't ofc, but he'd be a fool not to at least thinkg about it really really hard.

€20m a year m8.

Of course he would.
Doubt that's gonna happen though, he already denied Bayern twice for example where they would already offered trucks of money.

omgkitty

As Milch pointed already out, it's not about money for him.
PSG isn't interesting and City either, as long as they don't constantly go for the CL title.

Which, no offense, is why I think Arsenal have a shot, if he actually wants to leave. We have a good squad, and we have all the pieces in place to go to the next level, especially if we signed someone like Reus.

jts

...hate me...
Last season he actually rarely played as a CF/striker at Lille -- mostly as a winger. That's part of the reason why it was such a surprise that he was brought in to replace an out and out central forward like Benteke. Initially I expected they were bringing in Lopes on loan as a replacement for Origi when it was known he'd be sold.

Lol @ the article on the Daily Mail about Rojo and Kun having a falling out due to the World Cup. Rojo invited an old boyfriend (El Polaco, pop artist) of Kun's girlfriend (Karina, a pop artist) to the dressing room and Kun took offense apparently. The two of them have a 4-year old together apparently. Look at this Slim Shady looking guy.

el-polaco.jpeg
8471.jpg
Sergio-Aguero-en-couple-avec-Karina-Tejeda.jpg

tumblr_lz56jpNygA1r1xmc5.gif

Kun Kum could do better.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Big updates coming later on, as Woodward would say "watch this space"

My my :eek:

Columnist/translator for @dimarzio's English page.

Meier

Cool, Manchester Pride is this weekend and the City LGBT Supporter's Group (Canal Street Blues) is participating in the parade and City are having the two "mascots" Moonchester and Moonbeam lead their group (not sure if it'll be on a float or what). The club is also paying for their stall fee during the Pride Expo.

mVFMK8U.jpg

Pride-Moonbeam-Moonchester.jpg

This makes me very proud and happy.

Pennywise

Which, no offense, is why I think Arsenal have a shot, if he actually wants to leave. We have a good squad, and we have all the pieces in place to go to the next level, especially if we signed someone like Reus.

No.
Arsenal wasn't even getting further than Dortmund over the last years, so unless they're really up on top of the league (not 4, more like 1-2) and getting consistently into the semi-finals of the CL, they've got no chance.
There are just so many clubs that are better with it currently and that includes Dortmund.

My guess is, he joins Barca in 2-3 years.

Arsenal is on a good way, but they really gotta prove their up for the task now.

Of course he would.
Doubt that's gonna happen though, he already denied Bayern twice for example where they would already offered trucks of money.

I'm sure we offered a significant raise from what he's making at Dortmund, which is a pittance, but doubt it's anywhere near that kind of money.

sohois

Telegraph and Tony Barrett both running with the Balotelli loan story for tomorrow.

Almost certainly something in this one.

edit: also reporting that Liverpool are prepared to pay what Monaco want for Falcao - but only happens if Real Madrid don't sign him

wedward

Usually at this point of the season I'd be very excited but I've been feeling very unwell recently, going to get some tests done tomorrow or Friday but I'm expecting bad news.

Good luck.

I got a concussion on Sunday. Been feeling in a haze since then.

This must be how Pulga always feels.

TeddyBoy

Usually at this point of the season I'd be very excited but I've been feeling very unwell recently, going to get some tests done tomorrow or Friday but I'm expecting bad news.

Hopefully it's nothing serious mate, just think of Falcao in a Liverpool shirt if you need something to make you feel better ;)

@sohois: Your old post: Falcao and Sturridge could still play together, but I think Rodgers still prefers 4-3-3 as a default formation in the league with just a single striker (I'd like Rodgers to prove me wrong)

Your new post: Sturridge and Balo would be a great top two!

Pennywise

I'm sure we offered a significant raise from what he's making at Dortmund, which is a pittance, but doubt it's anywhere near that kind of money.

Yeah, I guess it was around 5-10m, I don't think they offered as much as they gave Götze.
Not really sure if they offered money the second time they approached him or just asked him if he was interested.

omgkitty

No.
Arsenal wasn't even getting further than Dortmund over the last years, so unless they're really up on top of the league (not 4, more like 1-2) and getting consistently into the semi-finals of the CL, they've got no chance.
There are just so many clubs that are better with it currently and that includes Dortmund.

My guess is, he joins Barca in 2-3 years.

Arsenal is on a good way, but they really gotta prove their up for the task now.

You never know though! :D
Seriously I'm probably having delusions of grandeur and when he goes somewhere else I'll cry myself to sleep. Oh well, there's always FIFA.

fuenf

Of course he would.

third time's the charme. the first time Nerlinger was doing the negotiations and I can see why he didnt want to sign anything this summer (would be just as dumb, as having Dortmund buy out the clause) but I wouldnt rule out a move to Bayern next season. They can pretty much guarantee him a starting place and he could play with his best buddy Götze again. It could very well happen and you know it....

But hopefully Draxler will have great season and save us from all the Reus to Bayern bullshit. I'd gladly take an in form, fully committed Draxler over him.

jts

...hate me...
No one would take him otherwise, I Imagine Fellaini will be similar. Our net spending looks so terrible because we haven't been able to get shit for our players since Ronaldo.
#didukno that

Ronaldo came very late into the pre-season, after MU lost Ronaldinho to Barcelona, and probably just because United played against Sporting on their stadium opening match, in which Ronaldo shined.

So even him signed for United as a result of a mix of unsuccessful market endeavours and sheer luck. Pure serendipity rather than market research and focused negotiations.

RvP was a pretty good signing since, though.

Lakitu

st5fu
Thanks everyone, I've been pretty much living a nightmare recently but either way it would be great to get some clarity in just what underlying issue I have and yeah the thought of Falcao in a Liverpool shirt makes me smile at least :) Much better than Balotelli....

pulga

Banned
I really have to commend Orange is the New Black for their masterful representation of the spanish tongue. 99% of the times shows just get latino looking people who cant speak spanish for shit to crap out a couple of lines and it sounds absolutely horrible, but damn, this show really went the fucking mile.
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

lone exception is that woman beating "latino" in the flashback, cunt couldnt speak spanish for shit. Everyone else tough? Absolutely perfect, spot on dialects <3

wedward

I think Reus leaves next summer. Too many clubs offering him an insane amount of money for him not to.

Barca won't be one of them unless they plan on benching Neymar.

Madrid won't unless Reus is ok with going on the bench because he isn't better than Ronaldo or Bale.

I think it's England or Bayern.

sohois

I think Reus leaves next summer. Too many clubs offering him an insane amount of money for him not to.

Madrid won't unless Reus is ok with going on the bench because he isn't better than Ronaldo or Bale.

Think City would be in a very good position to get him - Navas is getting on, Milner is running down his contract and Nasri is just not that good, wide open space for him to slot straight in to the team.

edit: Barrett tweeted some more about the Liverpool transfer situation. Basically Falcao is the main target and the money isn't an issue, but if Madrid move he's going there. Balotelli is the fallback option seemingly. Liverpool made an initial approach for a loan that was rejected, but talks have proceeded and now it appears that it may just be a permanent deal

Barca won't because they can't.

Arnie

Tony Barrett piece says we're prepared to make the £20 million Falcao loan if Real don't make a move for him.

Balotelli is the backup, but we want a series of clauses in the loan, one of which means we can send him back if he's a cunt.

Like that we're being aggressive in filling the remaining deficiency in our squad. Can't be said of all clubs.

Please Di Maria, stay put.

Pennywise

You never know though! :D
Seriously I'm probably having delusions of grandeur and when he goes somewhere else I'll cry myself to sleep. Oh well, there's always FIFA.

I would go into muppet mode as well with that ridicilous sum, we don't know if it's 25 or 35, but both are a joke for a quality player like Reus.

third time's the charme. the first time Nerlinger was doing the negotiations and I can see why he didnt want to sign anything this summer (would be just as dumb, as having Dortmund buy out the clause) but I wouldnt rule out a move to Bayern next season. They can pretty much guarantee him a starting place and he could play with his best buddy Götze again. It could very well happen and you know it....

But hopefully Draxler will have great season and save us from all the Reus to Bayern bullshit. I'd gladly take an in form, fully committed Draxler over him.
He got alot of buddies at Dortmund :p

Yeah I wouldn't rule it out.
I just dont think it happens if people like Röckenhaus and Dersch are speaking so clearly about it.

Btw.
Hummels did the ice bucket challenge :
Video is on my facebook site now! I nominate @Aubameyang7 @Lenas_view @AdrianaLima Parts of the team wanted it, not me :p

He's really after Adriana Lima D:
Spoke about her so many times now.

Barzul

Tony Barrett piece says we're prepared to make the £20 million Falcao loan if Real don't make a move for him.

Balotelli is the backup, but we want a series of clauses in the loan, one of which means we can send him back if he's a cunt.

Like that we're being aggressive in filling the remaining deficiency in our squad. Can't be said of all clubs.

Please Di Maria, stay put.

20m loan? Jesus Christ.

wedward

Think City would be in a very good position to get him - Navas is getting on, Milner is running down his contract and Nasri is just not that good, wide open space for him to slot straight in to the team.

Think United, City, Liverpool, Arsenal will all be in for him. Maybe Chelsea depending on what happens with Hazard.

All those clubs can afford that release clause and he is an upgrade for every squad.

Kill3r7

Barca won't be one of them unless they plan on benching Neymar. [transfer ban]

Agreed. The only other teams who could make a play for him are Atletico or PSG.

fuenf

Btw.
Video is on my facebook site now! I nominate @Aubameyang7 @Lenas_view @AdrianaLima Parts of the team wanted it, not me :p

hehe I always see comments like this as prove that their WhatsAPP team chat is just the same as any other person's ;)

fuenf

what about the nuclear option? CR7 having a rather average year, Flo freaking the fuck out and selling him back to United for 60m to finish his career and to make space for Reus. Fuck footyGAF would explode.

pulga

Banned
Oh. Looks like Weedle-dum and the Stooges have taken over the thread ZzzzzzzZZZzzz
KuGsj.gif

While you lot remain here to discuss potential signings, a fair reminder: all you get to sign is the trash the actual big teams don't want anymore and want out of their books ASAP. Have fun dreaming of Reus!

Good night folks!

#didukno that

Ronaldo came very late into the pre-season, after MU lost Ronaldinho to Barcelona, and probably just because United played against Sporting on their stadium opening match, in which Ronaldo shined.

So even him signed for United as a result of a mix of unsuccessful market endeavours and sheer luck. Pure serendipity rather than market research and focused negotiations.

RvP was a pretty good signing since, though.

Fergie already knew about Ronaldo and was going to sign him before the Sporting friendly.

Pennywise

what about the nuclear option? CR7 having a rather average year, Flo freaking the fuck out and selling him back to United for 60m to finish his career and to make space for Reus. Fuck footyGAF would explode.

Pls.
Pulga is already on the verge of breaking once again, no need to give him any more reasons...

Facism

I hope it's nothing serious. keep us updated, bruvistan.

omgkitty

I would go into muppet mode as well with that ridicilous sum, we don't know if it's 25 or 35, but both are a joke for a quality player like Reus.

Yeah, if Reus is really as loyal to the club as some people say he is, if he doesn't leave this summer yet he still wants to leave, I'd say he should at least sign a new contract to remove the release clause or bump it up so it takes more. Any club after him now would pay at least 50m I'd think, even a frugal bastard like Arsene.

Oh. Looks like Weedle-dum and the Stooges have taken over the thread ZzzzzzzZZZzzz
KuGsj.gif

While you lot remain here to discuss potential signings, a fair reminder: all you get to sign is the trash the actual big teams don't want anymore and want out of their books ASAP. Have fun dreaming of Reus!

Good night folks!

By you lot are you referring to Juventus as well? Or did you forget you supported them?

wedward

KuGsj.gif

Good night folks!

Haven't mentioned Reus to Arsenal once today.

By goodnight do you mean #leaving?

Barzul

At £20m, it sounds like it'd essentially be paying his salary and a relatively small loan fee (a few million).

Calma Cosmos.

You'd do it in a flash.

Unless you're one of those bank account berks who's more interested in the club's turnover than their performance on the pitch.

If salary + loan fee it makes sense. However if that's just the loan fee it seems absurdly high.

He got alot of buddies at Dortmund :p

Yeah I wouldn't rule it out.
I just dont think it happens if people like Röckenhaus and Dersch are speaking so clearly about it.

Btw.

He could get Lima easy m8. He's fucking Hummels.

omgkitty

WTF PSG YOU CUNTS

Tancredi Palmeri &#8207;@tancredipalmeri 7m

Arsenal and PSG have met for Rabiot today, according to Sky Italy. Arsenal have been asked for 30m&#8364;

leaving-now-grandpa-simpsons.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom