• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

If salary + loan fee it makes sense. However if that's just the loan fee it seems absurdly high.
It's a package, includes the fee and wages.

Considering he'd be £50 million on a four year contract, paying that for a year of Falcao is definitely worth it. No doubt he'd be off to Real Madrid the following summer (if not this summer) so hopefully the pool of available striking talent will be much greater then.

EmiPrime

WTF PSG YOU CUNTS

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 7m

Arsenal and PSG have met for Rabiot today, according to Sky Italy. Arsenal have been asked for 30m€

Arsene will haggle them down to a Mars bar multi-pack and a signed photo of Gilles Grimandi. We got this.

Pennywise

Yeah, if Reus is really as loyal to the club as some people say he is, if he doesn't leave this summer yet he still wants to leave, I'd say he should at least sign a new contract to remove the release clause or bump it up so it takes more. Any club after him now would pay at least that much I'd think, even a frugal bastard like Arsene.

Yeah, that's taking some time though.

As I already said, Dortmund seems to have two new large stockholders with Signal Iduna and Puma, so money is and never was the problem.
Allthough, they won't destroy the wages structure with Zlatan like offers.

He really loves the club as it is his hometown, but this usually takes some time.

In the Daily Mail:

Malky Mackay and Iain Moody investigated by FA over 'sexist, racist and homophobic' text messages during time at Cardiff

Mackay and Moody reported to the FA after shocking series of texts
Pair were due to be reunited at Crystal Palace before club found out
Thousands of emails and messages found during raid of Moody's home
Law firm had warrant due to investigation over his wrongdoing in Cardiff transfer activity
Sportsmail understands Mackay and Moody were informed of Cardiff's possession of the text messages
Under FA rules, Cardiff are required to report any matters which may constitute ‘aggravated misconduct’
Mackay and Moody, on same day, issued apologies to owner Vincent Tan
Scot had previously been after £7.5m for wrongful dismissal from Cardiff
Several Cardiff transfer documents thought to be withheld by Moody
Cardiff could launch legal raid on Crystal Palace over 'spygate'
Sportsmail understands two Cardiff players told Moody of tactics last season

fuenf

Yeah, that's taking some time though.

As I already said, Dortmund seems to have two new large stockholders with Signal Iduna and Puma, so money is and never was the problem.
Allthough, they won't destroy the wages structure with Zlatan like offers.

He really loves the club as it is his hometown, but this usually takes some time.

Is there really that much money coming in? I believe they'll use it to pay-off any remaining (stadium) debt and improve there future cash flow. It'll improve the club in the long run but I think the immediate effect will be rather marginal.

Some of the text messages:

'Fkn chinkys. Fk it. There's enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.'

On the arrival of South Korean international Kim Bo-Kyung

'Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers'

On football agent Phil Smith

'He's a snake, a gay snake. Not to be trusted'

On an official of another club

'Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.'

On a list of potential signings

'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'

On a player's female agent

A picture entitled Black Monopoly (where every square was a "Go to Jail" square)

Sent to members of Cardiff's staff

More Moody and Mackay:

In July 2012, Cardiff signed South Korean international Kim Bo-kyung, but when Moody informed Mackay on July 12 that ‘five of the b******s including the player’ were arriving for talks, the reply from Mackay’s phone was: ‘Fkn chinkys.’ A further message says: ‘Fk it. There’s enough dogs in Cardiff for us all to go around.’

In reference to the prominent football agent, Phil Smith, a text states: ‘Go on, fat Phil. Nothing like a Jew that sees money slipping through his fingers’. The Israeli club, Maccabi Tel Aviv, are also referred to simply as ‘the Jews’.

A football official at another club is referred to as ‘a gay snake’ and ‘the homo’ and someone who is ‘not to be trusted’, while a French player is someone ‘who struck me as an independently minded young homo’.

An exchange with a young player who has a female agent makes reference to a sex act and states: ‘I hope she’s looking after your needs,’ the player is then told. ‘I bet you’d love a bounce on her falsies.’

On August 16, 2012, a list of players proposed by a French agent is forwarded, stating to Mackay that ‘he needs to rename his agency the All Blacks’. A separate text in reference to a list of French players states: ‘Not many white faces amongst that lot but worth considering.’

In a separate exchange a picture entitled ‘Black Monopoly’ is sent, with every square a ‘Go To Jail’ square. Of one African player, it is stated: ‘Doesn’t look like a good cv. And he’s Nigerian.’

omgkitty

Arsene Wenger calls PSG:

AW - Yes we are interested in Rabiot.
PSG - Yes, he is available for 30m.
AW - 30m? He has 1 year left on his contract....
PSG - Yes, 30m.
AW - But, you won't get anything next year because he doesn't want to stay?
PSG - Yes, 30m.
AW - Are you sure?
PSG - Yes, 30m.

Pennywise

He could get Lima easy m8. He's fucking Hummels.

Is there really that much money coming in? I believe they'll use it to pay-off any remaining (stadium) debt and improve there future cash flow. It'll improve the club in the long run but I think the immediate effect will be rather marginal.

110m.
We got still have 40m debt that might be payed off, depending on the conditions.

Wages will be raised to 120m overall, so I guess some of the money will be used for contract extensions.

Infrastructure deals already happened with Evonik as stockholder and the better sponsoring deal, for example buying the stadium Rote Erde for our amateurs.

If those are true Mackay will never work in football again.

And here I thought we had our new manager, and could get on with the season.....

anchorman-escalate.jpg

Pennywise

RB Leipzig will sign Reus. It is known

RB Leipzig will get a shitload of good players, either from other clubs or they're getting them from RB Salzburg.
Those cunts won't stop anytime soon :/

And what the hell is up with Cavani to Liverpool ?
Why a loan ?

jtb

Banned
didn't Mackay lodge some sort of formal complaint over his sacking from Cardiff? if this stuff is true, seems that would have been incredibly stupid

Salvadora

Yeah, the sad thing is that this is probably much more common in football and similiar management positions in other business, then one wants to believe. :(
I think people believe it all right, but it rarely comes to the public attention due to these people holding positions of power.

L1NETT

There is a reason there isn't more English managers at the top level i guess.

We as a nation are per-dispositioned to being cunts

Aside from Phil Parkinson and Paul Jewell I agree. And maybe Big Mick. Oh and Chris Kamara

Rest are probably cunts

I mean who would want to have a pint with Alan Pardew. Couldn't bear to be in the same room as him

Skin crawls when I even see Fat Sam

Carbonox

I can imagine Obama, Cameron, Putin and Mugabe having a group chat taking the piss out of other leaders and high-ranking officials. Ed Milliband is probably their number one piss take, he's the right sort to play Adam Sandler's character in a Waterboy remake. Speaks like the character already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom