• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danchi

I know Sturridge is still the no. 1, but will Mario fit into Liverpool's system? Seems like he'd kinda slow the pace down. He's not Rickie Lambert slow, but his laziness gets him pretty close.

Nicktendo86

Di Maria has asked to leave Madrid. Ancelotti says he remains a Madrid player until he can find a solution.

Suprised no other clubs are going for ADM.

He is there for the fucking taking, yet we sit on our hands and have STILL not made an official bid. FFS, I keep going from despair, to acceptance to despair again.

Liverpool fans embarrassing themselves:
gFFTVlE.png

MWcjNIK.png

Bold One

It's not a rumour, it's happening.

And we're in need of a striker like you're in need of defenders. Balotelli is cheaper than Rojo (because of the ludicrous amount you're still paying Nani) and a better talent.

So reserve your lols, you're going to need them for the remainder of the window as well as the season.

Ballo is a quality striker when he is up for it, he's cheaper than Rojo because Rojo is not quite as crazy and volatile, that and we tend to over pay these days, we can afford it.

Clegg

Di Maria has asked to leave Madrid. Ancelotti says he remains a Madrid player until he can find a solution.

Suprised no other clubs are going for ADM.

That's the worst thing that to happen for United. Woowar will think he can deduct 10m from his bid because the player wants to leave.

Arnie

I know Sturridge is still the no. 1, but will Mario fit into Liverpool's system? Seems like he'd kinda slow the pace down. He's not Rickie Lambert slow, but his laziness gets him pretty close.
Valid questions and we won't really know until we see him play.

As you say he's quick but hesitant to use his pace. I suppose it's up to our coaching staff to get the best out of his natural abilities. Mammoth task.

If our coaching staff pull it off and recreate the sort of exponential improvement that they've achieved with the rest of the squad - and I'm accepting that there's a greater probability that they don't - we'll have got a phenomenal player at a great price.

If Woodward can't win a one horse race to sign a player who LVG wants, has asked to leave and whose club says he can, then he should go.

— Alex Shaw (@AlexShawESPN)

Here comes the embarrassment. Like, if we weren't already the butt of everyone's jokes this transfer window then this will be the final nail.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If we dont get Di Maria this window it will go down as one of the biggest fuck ups of our clubs transfer history.

Hixx

If Woodward can't win a one horse race to sign a player who LVG wants, has asked to leave and whose club says he can, then he should go.

— Alex Shaw (@AlexShawESPN)

Here comes the embarrassment. Like, if we weren't already the butt of everyone's jokes this transfer window then this will be the final nail.

Who is this player? I can't be bothered to read the thread, so dc me baby.

edit: Oh, Di Maria. Maybe it's because he doesn't want to play for Man United.

Arnie

Doesn't Di Maria want to go PSG, though?

Like every other top player this summer perhaps he doesn't want to go to United. Just because he wants to leave doesn't mean he'll go to anyone who isn't Real Madrid.

Danchi

Valid questions and we won't really know until we see him play.

As you say he's quick but hesitant to use his pace. I suppose it's up to our coaching staff to get the best out of his natural abilities. Mammoth task.

If our coaching staff pull it off and recreate the sort of exponential improvement that they've achieved with the rest of the squad - and I'm accepting that there's a greater probability that they don't - we'll have got a phenomenal player at a great price.

I think Rodgers has shown he has the ability to get the best out of players so it wouldn't surprise me to see him getting Mario working better for the team.

I disagree with the idea his age makes him a better solution than other options though. I still see him as a stop-gap solution (which isn't inherently bad. I'd rather have Tiote come in at Arsenal than no-one) just because I find it unbelievable he could spend more than two seasons at the club without everyone getting sick of him.

K1LLER7

Doesn't Di Maria want to go PSG, though?

Like every other top player this summer perhaps he doesn't want to go to United. Just because he wants to leave doesn't mean he'll go to anyone who isn't Real Madrid.
His agreement with PSG was for the 8m a year. However they couldn't sort the transfer fee with RM out.

He'll join United if we offer the 8m a year and the 60m Madrid want.

That isn't happening though.

Arnie

His agreement with PSG was for the 8m a year. However they couldn't sort the transfer fee with RM out.

He'll join United if we offer the 8m a year and the 60m Madrid want.

That isn't happening though.
You don't know that he would, though. That's completely baseless.

Perhaps he wants to play in the Champions League. And I'm not trying to have a dig there, I'm really not. It's just a fact of football.

LegoArmo

Balo won't go to Liverpool to be 2nd choice. I guess you'll be starting with 2 strikers.

Narrow diamond again. Sturridge takes Suarez's role from last season, Balo takes Sturridge's.

Arnie

Balo won't go to Liverpool to be 2nd choice. I guess you'll be starting with 2 strikers.

Narrow diamond again. Sturridge takes Suarez's role from last season, Balo takes Sturridge's.
We'll be tactically flexible throughout the season and play a variety of formations.

Balotelli will play where Rodgers coaches him to play.

LegoArmo

We'll be tactically flexible throughout the season and play a variety of formations.

Balotelli will play where Rodgers coaches him to play.

I think he's absolutely brilliant, and if Rodgers' loving touch sorts him out it will prove a very astute signing.

Kill3r7

Perhaps he wants to play in the Champions League. And I'm not trying to have a dig there, I'm really not. It's just a fact of football.

Yep, because world class players never join teams that are not in champions league.

If Woody can't land Di Maria now I will find a company that let's you make your own loo roll and get a 48 pack made with Woodwards face on it and have delivered to my house and eat curry 5 times a day and take a month off work and live on the toilet.

Let's go Woody

K1LLER7

My m8 GuilemmeB said he would though :(

No chance of it happening anyway. Also, I agree with you that no CL does have an impact on potential to sign WC players.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
K1LLER7 please quote or interact with Kill3r7

let's see what happens

why are you avoiding each other

Arnie

Yep, because world class players never join teams that are not in champions league.
It's very rare, I can only think of the Monaco situation last season.

What other instances are you referring to? Where a player of Di Maria's standing in the game moved from a club as big as Real Madrid to not playing in the Champions League?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom