• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Falcao too.

Marotta.jpg

Falcao is obviously a mercenary, so he'll go for whoever offers him more.

he's almost 30 now (on fake paper at least), what an absolute waste of a career. Did he ever play in the CL? I don't even remember

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
The question is if its United or nothing and he wants to leave there is a very good chance he joins United.

Dont care how desperate that sounds, its a real possibility.

K1LLER7

It's very rare, I can only think of the Monaco situation last season.

What other instances are you referring to? Where a player of Di Maria's standing in the game moved from a club as big as Real Madrid to not playing in the Champions League?
Michael Owen :p

It's very rare, I can only think of the Monaco situation last season.

What other instances are you referring to? Where a player of Di Maria's standing in the game moved from a club as big as Real Madrid to not playing in the Champions League?

City in 2010 summer window?

Silva
Boateng
Yaya

Clegg

The question is if its United or nothing and he wants to leave there is a very good chance he joins United.

Dont care how desperate that sounds, its a real possibility.

We won't stump up the cash. We know we won't. Then Woodward can say we tried and our near capture of Di Maria proves that United still has ambitions to be the very best side in the world etc etc.

The Glazer's will be delighted.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Well PSG already said they can't do the deal so it basically means ADM7.

T T T

Technicalityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I dont care how the sausage is made so long as it tastes good

Mr Cola

We won't stump up the cash. We know we won't. Then Woodward can say we tried and our near capture of Di Maria proves that United still has ambitions to be the very best side in the world etc etc.

He will be replaced if he doesnt deliver 2 windows in a row.

You cant keep your job and not be good at it.

We are going to overpay, panic buy, and I wont give a shit.

Jarnet87

player willing to leave - check
salary demand that the player wants established - check
transfer fee for which they will sell the player established - check

those three things should make this a transfer that is done in 48 hrs. If PSG hadn't bought Luiz or had sold Cavani this would have been done weeks ago. If he's not a United player by Tuesday as the latest then we aren't moving for him.

K1LLER7

What najes this even better is that LVG actually name dropped Di Maria. Now the player wants out.

Fans will go mad if United don't bid for him.

GorillaJu

Well guys as a lifelong Liverpool supporter I have to admit that I am thrilled by today's news, I think Balo will be great.

It would be disrespectful of our friendly Milan fans to act like a spoiled child here, so I'm officially on the Balo hype train because fuck yeaaaaaah Mario's coming!

dc89

With Di Maria leaving I guess we won't get Isco this window. Another 4 months on the bench will set him straight.

Kill3r7

Somewhat true. I think financially speaking not making the champions league would be a huge blow for the Glazers and cost them more over the next couple of years than stumping up the money now. However, being cheap and savvy they'll slow play it and spend big during the January window, if need be. Unfortunately, this mindset is what got us in this mess to begin with.

Tc91

What najes this even better is that LVG actually name dropped Di Maria. Now the player wants out.

Fans will go mad if United don't bid for him.

Yep, no reason not to go for/get him now. Woodward has to stump up the money. PSG can't cause of FFP and there hasn't been any other clubs linked? Doesn't mean they aren't interested but so far it's been us or PSG.

Go go go Woody.

I fear for Frank. I've never seen his this low. Where's the cocky, Juve-hating cunt from a few years back? :(

At least when you guys were shit it was the fault of Inturd and the league. This is 100% our own fault, Berlu and Gold Tie are running the club into midtable intentionally.

We have one of the top ten revenues of any football club in the world . . . what the fuck have we been doing the past few years? And then the constant lying to the fans, "99.9% chance Balo is staying."

Shit's insulting. And then they expect me to spend money on supporting their efforts to devalue the club to make it attractive to a purchaser. Fuck off.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Allegri is a Juventino. Destroying Milan from inside was his secret mission. You'll see a different Massimo from now on.

DAI DAI DAI! DAI DAI DAI! DAI DAI DAI!

it's a common misconception that he was saying DAI DAI DAI

he was actually saying "MILAN DIE DIE DIE"

he was killing them, and he succeeded.

AC Milan News ‏@Milanello 2 min

Milan Channel confirms that Milan have contacted Porto to inquire about their 27-year old striker Jackson Martinez.

I don't know if I want to believe at this point. That would make the last days of August somewhat interesting, but nobody with some brain would choose Milan.
At least when you guys were shit it was the fault of Inturd and the league. This is 100% our own fault, Berlu and Gold Tie are running the club into midtable intentionally.

We have one of the top ten revenues of any football club in the world . . . what the fuck have we been doing the past few years? And then the constant lying to the fans, "99.9% chance Balo is staying."

Shit's insulting. And then they expect me to spend money on supporting their efforts to devalue the club to make it attractive to a purchaser. Fuck off.
Paying overpaid footballers.

That's it.

Danchi

City in 2010 summer window?

Silva
Boateng
Yaya

Yaya was a second string player at Barca and Boateng hardly a household name. Silva was a good coup, but City finished just three points of the CL the year before and he was playing for a hit and miss Valencia team.

Di Maria was one of the best midfielders around last year.

I don't know if I want to believe at this point. That would make the last days of August somewhat interesting, but nobody with some brain would choose Milan.

Not only that, but even if this somehow does happen, we are going to get absolutely murdered in terms of the transfer fee. They know we are desperate to sign a center forward in the next ten days and Martinez is one of our very few options.

Seriously, who the fuck sells a star forward with 10 days remaining and no replacement lined up . . . I fully expect to have Pazzini or Honda in a false 9 role start the season. And I also expect us to finish in 10th place.

rossonero

Well Galliani did lower it to 99.98% recently. But yeah there is just no plan in the club anymore. Galliani is driving the club into the ground and they had the gall to raise the season ticket prices this summer following one of the worst seasons we've had....

And fine, selling Balotelli isn't that of a big deal. But how can't you have a replacement already lined up?!?! And it's not the first time either, happened with the sales of Sheva, Kaká, Thiago Silva and Zlatan. It was as if the sales surprised us and then we scrambled for replacements. It can't get any more amateurish.

Yurt said:
it's a common misconception that he was saying DAI DAI DAI

he was actually saying "MILAN DIE DIE DIE"

he was killing them, and he succeeded.

Dead like Milan.

Are Liverpool actually getting Balo?
Was at QOTSA last night (supported by Brody Dalle). Absolutely fantastic, played quite a few of the obscure stuff too - a lot off R.

Yes mate. QOTSA are brilliant live. They had a bit of a poor spell around the time Oliveri left but now they are back to their best. They were the highlight of glastonbury 2011 for me, played this song I'd never heard before called The Fun Machine Took a Shit and Died which is well worth checking out.

Arnie

Echo reporting that £16 million fee has now been agreed. Ayre and Raiola working on personal terms.

Also:

@sportingintel: Balo price tag context: #lfc have spent £101m this summer but only £22m net. Their wealth can afford; £16m not huge risk. Poss huge upside.

Mr Cola

We just let Nani go so Benatia's #17 shirt is free.

Haha I love Woodward he's a legend.

Its ironic that he could pull through some deals and redeem himself, balls in his court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom