• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT3| Got to be a top 5 worst thread title we've ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that, but even if this somehow does happen, we are going to get absolutely murdered in terms of the transfer fee. They know we are desperate to sign a center forward in the next ten days and Martinez is one of our very few options.
We sold Sheva near the last day of May and waited until the 25th of August to sign Ricardo Olivera. Even if we moved earlier, I don't think Galliani could've come up with a replacement in a week or two ("let's wait til the end of the WC", "let's play a few friendlies first", "we'll look for somebody once the US tournèe is over", "let's play the Trofeo TIM first", "Borriello would be a great signing", "Everybody, say hi to our new striker, Marco Borriello").
Seriously, who the fuck sells a star forward with 10 days remaining and no replacement lined up . . . I fully expect to have Pazzini or Honda in a false 9 role start the season. And I also expect us to finish in 10th place.
I'd say between 8th and 10th place if we don't replace Mario and only end up buying Cerci/Pandev and Dzemaili.

DBT85

10632577_10152383551977746_8574444749807491984_n.jpg

Rojo looks like he's an assassin and Ra's is telling him to take a player out. Which player? Sideshow is already injured.

Tc91

Its ironic that he could pull through some deals and redeem himself, balls in his court.

ZippyPenguin @Zippy_Penguin · 49m
Isn't it obvious to everyone now that #MUFC are asking their targets to request to leave. Shaw, Herrera, Rojo, Di Maria - over to you Arturo

Has Benatia asked to leave? If so #BenatiaIsRed

At least when you guys were shit it was the fault of Inturd and the league. This is 100% our own fault, Berlu and Gold Tie are running the club into midtable intentionally.

We have one of the top ten revenues of any football club in the world . . . what the fuck have we been doing the past few years? And then the constant lying to the fans, "99.9% chance Balo is staying."

Shit's insulting. And then they expect me to spend money on supporting their efforts to devalue the club to make it attractive to a purchaser. Fuck off.

i3J5SeA7W49LD.gif

I don't know if I want to believe at this point. That would make the last days of August somewhat interesting, but nobody with some brain would choose Milan.

Paying overpaid footballers.

That's it.

i3J5SeA7W49LD.gif

Not only that, but even if this somehow does happen, we are going to get absolutely murdered in terms of the transfer fee. They know we are desperate to sign a center forward in the next ten days and Martinez is one of our very few options.

Seriously, who the fuck sells a star forward with 10 days remaining and no replacement lined up . . . I fully expect to have Pazzini or Honda in a false 9 role start the season. And I also expect us to finish in 10th place.

i3J5SeA7W49LD.gif

Kill3r7

Benatia would be a huge get but this is a tricky situation as you don't want to piss off Roma if you intend to go back and grab Strootman in January.

Bold One

Somewhat true. I think financially speaking not making the champions league would be a huge blow for the Glazers and cost them more over the next couple of years than stumping up the money now. However, being cheap and savvy they'll slow play it and spend big during the January window, if need be. Unfortunately, this mindset is what got us in this mess to begin with.

Man United are an anomaly, that brand is a ridiculous money-making machine. not sure lack of CL will hurt as much as some think well, off the pitch anyway

Zabojnik

Asking for a move after one year is such a fucking cunt move. Especially if in that season you went from "whooo?" to "one of the most wanted players on the market". It's pretty obvious that it's mostly the club that made it happen for you, not so much you yourself. Show some fucking gratitude.

GQman2121

Banned
Balotelli coming back to the league is something I think we all knew was going to eventually happen. But Liverpool being the club to pull the trigger is a surprise.

Deadline day is going to be absurd I can just see it now. Too many names being tossed around.

Balotelli coming back to the league is something I think we all knew was going to eventually happen. But Liverpool being the club to pull the trigger is a surprise.

Deadline day is going to be absurd I can just see it now. Too many names being tossed around.

You know United are going to pull something awesome on deadline day

Apparently Porto are close to signing Vincent Aboubakar which means Jackson must be on his way out. There's no way they will spend another 11+ M€ in another striker without selling someone.

Mac_Lane

Apparently Porto are close to signing Vincent Aboubakar which means Jackson must be on his way out. There's no way they will spend another 11+ M€ in another striker without selling someone.

Apparently Jackson Martinez might be headed to Milan so as to replace Balotelli.

And seems like Aboubakar's a done deal, 10m€.

Meier

Apparently Jackson Martinez might be headed to Milan so as to replace Balotelli.

And seems like Aboubakar's a done deal, 10m€.
I give that one very little chance of happening. They have 100% economic rights of Jackson so selling big is imperative. Milan won't spent more than €20m undoubtedly and they'd want to spread it over 5-6 years. It'd do nothing to help Porto balance their books.

TeddyBoy

Also, fucking hilarious how fast we got this Balotelli thing sorted from absolutely nothing.

Woodward pls

LVG was right, it only takes 24 hours to sign a player.

I'm sorry we're signing Balotelli MilanGAF, hopefully you can reinvest in the team and buy players your new manager wants.

Clegg

Ian Ladyman, the guy who wrote about Uniteds interest in Di Maria a few days ago, says the biggest problem the club faces is convincing him to join without CL football to offer. Makes sense tbf. Appears as if wages won't be a problem.

Ian Ladyman, the guy who wrote about Uniteds interest in Di Maria a few days ago, says the biggest problem the club faces is convincing him to join without CL football to offer. Makes sense tbf. Appears as if wags won't be a problem.

Well we signed his mate Rojo so maybe that will help. Maybe.

I really want to play Diablo 3 on the PlayStation 4, but the price man...the price...

£59.99

Amazon is hardly any better.

£47 at Simply Games

Really enjoying it so far, gonna have to turn the difficulty up though. Normal is ludicrously easy so far. Also can't figure out how to give equipment to the Follower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom