• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

I'm sorry, he's married.

Hahaha I had to google now, to find photos of his wife. I did not find them, but found this.

With his football credentials established, Michele Zuanne has dished the dirt of the Atleti forward’s form with the ladies.

Zuanne explained that met Costa in 2010 at a party at Jose Antonio Reyes’ house, and soon the pair became “friends with benefits”. Overall, Zuanne and Costa’s relationship lasted about a year, and the model was convinced that:

At first he wanted something serious. I think I was in love with me. He treated me well, gave me perfumes, handbags, invited me to parties, made dinner for me at his house.

I loved his abs and upper arms. But it was his stamina in bed which was the best. It is very good, very vicious. He likes everything. I could not complain.

But their relationship eventually drew to a close, and according to Zuanne that was because she discovered that Costa had left another woman after she fell pregnant, plus while “at a Brazilian party in Madrid, he tried to hook up with my sister”.

AkpmCMU.png

Kikarian

What Phil was saying about us was spot on.

3-5-2 is putting a lot of pressure on our defence. And our defenders aren't exactly the best at picking passes out and being calm on the ball.

4 in the defence is a must for us.

K1LLER7

3-5-2 is putting a lot of pressure on our defence. And our defenders aren't exactly the best at picking passes out and being calm on the ball.

LVG is obsessed with this 3 at the back thing.

Worked for Holland because they had the players for the positions, and they had Robben to bail them out.

Hopefully things step up after the international break.

Well no matter the formation the defense will have to pick out passes.

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

great stuff

but confusing

someone explain it to me

then I go to sleep

K1LLER7

lol

what a tit
Very similar to runs ADM made at Madrid. The players need time to gel but some of the passing was too negative.

Valencia's pass back to the keeper when everybody was ahead of him was terrible. Can't believe he and Young are starters in this system.

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp, and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape. But even after admitting this, there is no catharsis; my punishment continues to elude me, and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

great stuff

but confusing

someone explain it to me

then I go to sleep

David Moyes

Kikarian

LVG is obsessed with this 3 at the back thing.

Worked for Holland because they had the players for the positions, and they had Robben to bail them out.

Hopefully things step up after the international break.
Yep completely different players for us who don't suit 3 at the back.

He needs to realise this quick otherwise we'll be the same old sideways/backwards pass without actually attacking.

Esch

Banned
Hahaha I had to google now, to find photos of his wife. I did not find them, but found this.

With his football credentials established, Michele Zuanne has dished the dirt of the Atleti forward’s form with the ladies.

Zuanne explained that met Costa in 2010 at a party at Jose Antonio Reyes’ house, and soon the pair became “friends with benefits”. Overall, Zuanne and Costa’s relationship lasted about a year, and the model was convinced that:

At first he wanted something serious. I think I was in love with me. He treated me well, gave me perfumes, handbags, invited me to parties, made dinner for me at his house.

I loved his abs and upper arms. But it was his stamina in bed which was the best. It is very good, very vicious. He likes everything. I could not complain.

But their relationship eventually drew to a close, and according to Zuanne that was because she discovered that Costa had left another woman after she fell pregnant, plus while “at a Brazilian party in Madrid, he tried to hook up with my sister”.

AkpmCMU.png

ytfqyb.gif

great idea, but look at all those reddit comments

absolutely disgusting

Look at this shit from Rooney. The fuck are you doing you lemon?

ibufJWUEHeVJpw.gif

FUCK LVG FOR MAKING ROONEY CAPTAIN.

Also, LVG looks like a grade A dick sitting in his seat while the players are playing like shit. Show some emotion you buffon. Go shout at them. Shout at the officials. Get in their ears. wtf

And Giggs also looks like crap sitting next to LVG. Just go sit in the stands if you are going to do that.

great stuff

but confusing

someone explain it to me

then I go to sleep

It's a treatise on being, quite clearly, a psychopath, where your external emotions are largely feigned and internally there is a lot of will to harm for harm's sake because it's interesting. Secondly it's a commentary on the rise of post-modernism and the lack of new meaning to cultural output and consumption.

I'm with playing 3 at the back, the defenders need time and if it isn't working out with them I would rather buy new defenders than change the system.

If in the end Man Utd are the new Barca, then whats losing a few points?

I hope van Gaal doesn't give up.

FUCK LVG FOR MAKING ROONEY CAPTAIN.

Also, LVG looks like a grade A dick sitting in his seat while the players are playing like shit. Show some emotion you buffon. Go shout at them. Shout at the officials. Get in their ears. wtf

And Giggs also looks like crap sitting next to LVG. Just go sit in the stands if you are going to do that.

I wonder what the odds are for him to slide on his knees when you finally win?

It's a treatise on being, quite clearly, psychopath, where your external emotions are largely feigned and internally there is a lot of will to harm for harm's sake. Secondly it's a commentary on the rise of post-modernism and the lack of new meaning to cultural output and consumption.

What? That just confused me more. I realize its a psycho thing (I mean it's in the name) but like what's with the end?

I will make an OT post on this

K1LLER7

Well no matter the formation the defense will have to pick out passes.
Not as much as they have to in the back 3. The wing backs and 3 CBs really don't gel, there's too much space on the wings for teams to attack and the 3 CBs aren't very comfortable playing out wide when needed to.

Fletcher was terrible too. Not once did I see him drop deeper or run into spacr in order to pick the ball from the CBs. He was just jogging around the centre circle.

Blind will hopefully fix that issue.

Yep completely different players for us who don't suit 3 at the back.

He needs to realise this quick otherwise we'll be the same old sideways/backwards pass without actually attacking.

The sideways/backwards pass from the defense isn't something he wants. The defense isn't used to passing it from the back so much so they resort to hoofing. They will eventually come to grips with it.

Again, this has nothing to do with 3 at the back. 3 at the back just gives extra incentive for one of the cbs to drive forward into space and pick out a pass.

Not as much as they have to in the back 3. The wing backs and 3 CBs really don't gel, there's too much space on the wings for teams to attack and the 3 CBs aren't very comfortable playing out wide when needed to.

Fletcher was terrible too. Not once did I see him drop deeper or run into spacr in order to pick the ball from the CBs. He was just jogging around the centre circle.

Blind will hopefully fix that issue.

Well it's a work in progress. It's too early to say they don't gel when they're still learning how LVG wants them to play.

Very similar to runs ADM made at Madrid. The players need time to gel but some of the passing was too negative.

Valencia's pass back to the keeper when everybody was ahead of him was terrible. Can't believe he and Young are starters in this system.

It's the scariest thing about this system. I have no confidence when they're playing.

Fuck Young for making me think he'd actually improved.

Fulham vs Cardiff on the football league show.

Stadium has lots of empty seats.

Last season - sell out. Lol where do the fans go? Cheaper tickets surely?

The sideways/backwards pass from the defense isn't something he wants. The defense isn't used to passing it from the back so much so they resort to hoofing. They will eventually come to grips with it.

Again, this has nothing to do with 3 at the back. 3 at the back just gives extra incentive for one of the cbs to drive forward into space and pick out a pass.

I still see ZERO advantage in us playing 352/532/3421

Mata/Rooney/RVP have been shit. Play James Wilson up top in a 4231

Kikarian

Obviously in his 'philosophy' he doesn't want the sideways/backward pass. But it's what we resort to for the safe/easy option, because they don't want to make a mistake with only 3 at the back.

LVG might want them to drive forward, but they don't want to, because that's not the type of defenders they are. Sure If we had Luiz he'd be ecstatic at this formation but we haven't got someone like him. It's a dangerous move to ask the CB's to drive forward especially with only 3 at the back.

K1LLER7

I'm with playing 3 at the back, the defenders need time and if it isn't working out with them I would rather buy new defenders than change the system.

If in the end Man Utd are the new Barca, then whats losing a few points?

I hope van Gaal doesn't give up.
I'd try it with the Rojo in there as he's someone who's played the system before and with Rafael and Shaw as wingbacks.

Barca have fullbacks in Alba and Alves which are capable of attacking and taking a player on.

Young and Valencia just stop and pass backwards when faced in a 1 v 1 situation.

What? That just confused me more. I realize its a psycho thing (I mean it's in the name) but like what's with the end?

I will make an OT post on this

Sorry to do the shallow intellectual response thing but the point of it is that there is no point. No great ethical or moral archs to follow, nothing will change and things will carry on. This sort of droll nihilism is a constant theme with Brett Easton Ellis's writing. You will notice there's a sign behind Bateman at the end that says THIS IS NOT AN EXIT.

Also don't listen to people that say it's all in his head. He does suffer from delusions but the book makes it clear he does murder these people. The movie tries to skew that somewhat.

I still see ZERO advantage in us playing 352/532/3421

Mata/Rooney/RVP have been shit. Play James Wilson up top in a 4231

I think a switch will be better in the future as well, but it made sense against Burnley.

If you switch to a back 4, who are your fullbacks? Rojo, Rafael, and Shaw were all out. If you're worried about the defense in that set up, imagine having Valencia or Young as one of your fullbacks?

Obviously in his 'philosophy' he doesn't want the sideways/backward pass. But it's what we resort to for the safe/easy option, because they don't want to make a mistake with only 3 at the back.

LVG might want them to drive forward, but they don't want to, because that's not the type of defenders they are. Sure If we had Luiz he'd be ecstatic at this formation but we haven't got someone like him. It's a dangerous move to ask the CB's to drive forward especially with only 3 at the back.

Just because they can't do it right now doesn't mean they won't learn to do things his way.

It's the truth. Why must we accommodate them, especially Rooney and Mata.

This formation is fucking our defense and stifling our attack.

And LVG has emphasized possession soo much that we have forgotten how to play and create chances. As long as we keep the ball, play it back. safer.
If we have the ball the opposition can't attack us. Isn't that the basic idea behind his philosophy?

We aren't Barca, we don't have their players.

On of my favorite scenes in the book that didn't make it to the movie, is also when he goes to that zoo and
stabs a kid. For a moment you actually think he feels regret and is ashamed of his actions, when he described how it wasn't pleasing for him to kill the kid... Until he starts explaining some more lol

Though I am satisfied at first by my actions, I’m suddenly jolted with a mournful despair at how useless, how extraordinarily painless, it is to take a child’s life. This thing before me, small and twisted and bloody, has no real history, no worthwhile past, nothing is really lost.

It’s so much worse (and more pleasurable) taking the life of someone who has hit his or her prime, who has the beginnings of a full history, a spouse, a network of friends, a career, whose death will upset far more people whose capacity for grief is limitless than a child’s would, perhaps ruin many more lives than just the meaningless, puny death of this boy.

I’m automatically seized with an almost overwhelming desire to knife the boy’s mother too, who is in hysterics, but all I can do is slap her face harshly and shout for her to calm down. For this I’m given no disapproving looks. I’m dimly aware of light coming into the room, of a door being opened somewhere, of the presence of zoo officials, a security guard, someone—one of the tourists?—taking flash pictures, the penguins freaking out in the tank behind us, slamming themselves against the glass in a panic.

A cop pushes me away, even though I tell him I’m a physician. Someone drags the boy outside, lays him on the ground and removes his shirt. The boy gasps, dies. The mother has to be restrained.

This requires some elaboration.

American Psycho quote from the book.

Top Bottom