• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Linius

iLHwDVs.jpg

So in love with this record.

K1LLER7

I think a switch will be better in the future as well, but it made sense against Burnley.

If you switch to a back 4, who are your fullbacks? Rojo, Rafael, and Shaw were all out. If you're worried about the defense in that set up, imagine having Valencia or Young as one of your fullbacks?
Valencia played RB a few times. I don't think he's too bad there.

Young should have been benched. Let Blackett or Reece James play LB.

--------- DDG --------
TV - PJ - JE - RJ

------ DF/Ando -----
---- Mata - ADM ---

-------- Adnan -------
----- WR - RVP -----

Hixx

Remember when Steven Fletcher would score with every touch.

It's getting to the point where I wish he'd get an injury (like really, really bad IBS or something that only came up on days which Sunderland play on) so he couldn't be picked.

On of my favorite scenes in the book that didn't make it to the movie, is also when he goes to that zoo and
stabs a kid. For a moment you actually think he feels regret and is ashamed of his actions, when he described how it wasn't pleasing for him to kill the kid... Until he starts explaining some more lol

Though I am satisfied at first by my actions, I’m suddenly jolted with a mournful despair at how useless, how extraordinarily painless, it is to take a child’s life. This thing before me, small and twisted and bloody, has no real history, no worthwhile past, nothing is really lost.

It’s so much worse (and more pleasurable) taking the life of someone who has hit his or her prime, who has the beginnings of a full history, a spouse, a network of friends, a career, whose death will upset far more people whose capacity for grief is limitless than a child’s would, perhaps ruin many more lives than just the meaningless, puny death of this boy.

I’m automatically seized with an almost overwhelming desire to knife the boy’s mother too, who is in hysterics, but all I can do is slap her face harshly and shout for her to calm down. For this I’m given no disapproving looks. I’m dimly aware of light coming into the room, of a door being opened somewhere, of the presence of zoo officials, a security guard, someone—one of the tourists?—taking flash pictures, the penguins freaking out in the tank behind us, slamming themselves against the glass in a panic.

A cop pushes me away, even though I tell him I’m a physician. Someone drags the boy outside, lays him on the ground and removes his shirt. The boy gasps, dies. The mother has to be restrained.

American Psycho quote from the book.

God that whole chapter was horrific but fascinating at the same time.

I think a switch will be better in the future as well, but it made sense against Burnley.

If you switch to a back 4, who are your fullbacks? Rojo, Rafael, and Shaw were all out. If you're worried about the defense in that set up, imagine having Valencia or Young as one of your fullbacks?

Just because they can't do it right now doesn't mean they won't learn to do things his way.

The 3 is confusing them too much.

I would rather us lose playing 433/4231 and then continue when players are available than this formation that has us playing worse than under Moyes.

But ok, I will give it 5 more games. Viva said give it to games, It has been 4, in the 10th game if we aren't playing good football, well we will finish 10th.

Valencia played RB a few times. I don't think he's too bad there.

Young should have been benched. Let Blackett or Reece James play LB.

--------- DDG --------
TV - PJ - JE - RJ

------ DF/Ando -----
---- Mata - ADM ---

-------- Adnan -------
----- WR - RVP -----

Valencia at rb was horrible last season. He cost United a couple of goals last season.

Not worried about that. United are looking to get rid of Chicha and Kagawa. Zaha and Nani have already left too. I doubt he leaves.

He doesn't fit in a 352 because Mata, Rooney, and RVP are star players. If the formation changes he will get more playing time. This is the reason why I want the formation change. Young and Valencia don't cut it as they can't beat a man.

do this his way?

I would rather us lose playing 433/4231 and then continue when players are available than this formation that has us playing worse than under Moyes.

But ok, I will give it 5 more games. Viva said give it to games, It has been 4, in the 10th game if we aren't playing good football, well we will finish 10th.

You don't understand. His way means he wants the defenders to play from the back regardless of formation. He wants the players to occupy certain spaces regardless of formation. He wants players to know all of this like the back of their hand so they can start cutting teams up faster.

That has nothing to do with the formation.

Yen

On of my favorite scenes in the book that didn't make it to the movie, is also when he goes to that zoo and
stabs a kid. For a moment you actually think he feels regret and is ashamed of his actions, when he described how it wasn't pleasing for him to kill the kid... Until he starts explaining some more lol

Though I am satisfied at first by my actions, I’m suddenly jolted with a mournful despair at how useless, how extraordinarily painless, it is to take a child’s life. This thing before me, small and twisted and bloody, has no real history, no worthwhile past, nothing is really lost.

It’s so much worse (and more pleasurable) taking the life of someone who has hit his or her prime, who has the beginnings of a full history, a spouse, a network of friends, a career, whose death will upset far more people whose capacity for grief is limitless than a child’s would, perhaps ruin many more lives than just the meaningless, puny death of this boy.

I’m automatically seized with an almost overwhelming desire to knife the boy’s mother too, who is in hysterics, but all I can do is slap her face harshly and shout for her to calm down. For this I’m given no disapproving looks. I’m dimly aware of light coming into the room, of a door being opened somewhere, of the presence of zoo officials, a security guard, someone—one of the tourists?—taking flash pictures, the penguins freaking out in the tank behind us, slamming themselves against the glass in a panic.

A cop pushes me away, even though I tell him I’m a physician. Someone drags the boy outside, lays him on the ground and removes his shirt. The boy gasps, dies. The mother has to be restrained.

American Psycho quote from the book.

And also,
the child was like five years old.
A favourite part of mine is
when he spots a homelesss girl with her head lowered and throws change into her coffee cup, and smiles, as though his smile is worth so much more than money. Then the girl looks up and he realises she was a student reading Being and Nothingness, and this fills him with so much embarrassment he has to kill later.

Read a book motherfucker, it's even better than the movie.

I probably should. My goodreads list is now shamefully large, I plan to starting soon.

Truth be told though, I've been planning to start soon since ages ago.

Now I kind of feel terrible.

I'd try it with the Rojo in there as he's someone who's played the system before and with Rafael and Shaw as wingbacks.

Barca have fullbacks in Alba and Alves which are capable of attacking and taking a player on.

Young and Valencia just stop and pass backwards when faced in a 1 v 1 situation.

The system won't work with Valencia and Young. Once Shaw losses weight and Rafael heals and gets it together we'll see if the system is actually working.

K1LLER7

Valencia at rb was horrible last season. He cost United a couple of goals last season.

Not worried about that. United are looking to get rid of Chicha and Kagawa. Zaha and Nani have already left too. I doubt he leaves.

He doesn't fit in a 352 because Mata, Rooney, and RVP are star players. If the formation changes he will get more playing time. This is the reason why I want the formation change. Young and Valencia don't cut it as they can't beat a man.
He's at least been tried there and was okay at times. Would've been a decent RB for this Burnley game imo.

Its in the past now anyway. Like you, I really hope LVG gets it right but I don't see it in the 352. Will judge after the next game and when players return. I Want Januzaj to get a place in this United XI but it'll be tough in a 352.

That's what I took from the movie. Haven't read the book though so I can't comment on how the book shows it

More confused now

what is going on in this movie

=

Also don't listen to people that say it's all in his head. He does suffer from delusions but the book makes it clear he does murder these people. The movie tries to skew that somewhat.

+ Guinevere Turner (script writer)

"And so we really set out, and we failed, and we've acknowledged this to each other, we really set out to make it really clear that he was really killing these people, that this was really happening. What's funny is that I've had endless conversations with people who know that I wrote this script saying "So, me and my friends were arguing, cause I know it was all a dream", or "I know it really happened". And I always tell them, in our minds it really happened."

+

Brett Easton Ellis, the author "has pointed out that if none of the murders actually happened, the entire point of the novel would be rendered moot. "

Kikarian

Don't believe there's much truth to it, either.

Young and Valencia are so frustrating. Valencia turns back at every opportunity when faced with the opposition. Young only rarely tries to beat a man but often stops and under/over hits a cross.

At least when Januzaj comes on, he's looking to attack and move forward.

=

+ Guinevere Turner (script writer)

"And so we really set out, and we failed, and we've acknowledged this to each other, we really set out to make it really clear that he was really killing these people, that this was really happening. What's funny is that I've had endless conversations with people who know that I wrote this script saying "So, me and my friends were arguing, cause I know it was all a dream", or "I know it really happened". And I always tell them, in our minds it really happened."

+

Brett Easton Ellis, the author "has pointed out that if none of the murders actually happened, the entire point of the novel would be rendered moot. "

Ok so then, what is up with the Paul Allen apartment scene. Where it gets cleaned out and up for sale and the lady asking about the Times ad and telling him to get out?

The storyline with Kimball goes nowhere? What is with the lawyer having dinner with Paul Allen in london?

Kikarian

Had a quick look on the Ajax forum to see what their impressions were of Blind and the general consensus is that they're saying he was their best player.

Excited to see him play for us. It's good that he's versatile, too. Hopefully we get De Jong also.

Linius

Main character was an uninteresting prick?

His views on the world much resemble those of Rust I felt like :p

But he's in to a lot of similar things as me and is just as much a slacker. Biggest difference is that I never went trough an emo long hair face and had a punk earring. But the main character is pretty cool.

Ok so then, what is up with the Paul Allen apartment scene. Where it gets cleaned out and up for sale and the lady asking about the Times ad and telling him to get out?

The storyline with Kimball goes nowhere? What is with the lawyer having dinner with Paul Allen in london?

It's not like the real estate agent wasn't real fucking shady about it either. :p

The most logical conclusions seems to be the real estate agent cleaned it up. Was pretty clear the real estate agent knew something was up, right?

Also Kimball was changed quite a bit from what I remember in the movie, I don't even think he was a cop in the book.

Having dinner with Paul Allen in London is a joke, in the theme of how they all look and act the same. They are constantly messing up each other in the movie and book.

His views on the world much resemble those of Rust I felt like :p

But he's in to a lot of similar things as me and is just as much a slacker. Biggest difference is that I never went trough an emo long hair face and had a punk earring. But the main character is pretty cool.

Lol ok so i completely misunderstood the start of this. I thought you wanted to put your boyhood into words.

Lawdy I'm uncultured.

Linius

I heard a song of his on the radio the other day and it sounded good. He's got a truck load of albums though. What's a good album to get first?

I got to know him when he released Goodbye Bread. I think that's a good start, it's not that loud and got a lot of great songs on it.

To be honest, I never checked the three albums before that one up till now. But I do have all his releases after that including Ty Segall Band and the White Fence co-op album.

Manipulator is in his awesome tier I can say at least. Up there with Slaughterhouse, Goodbye Bread and Sleeper.

Linius

We should hang out and party and listen to music.

I must say when I hung out with Faridmon over the weekend we were talking about and listening to music at one point for a couple hours. Time really passes quickly if you have someone around who's into music like you, and more importantly into the same stuff.

It's not like the real estate agent wasn't real fucking shady about it either. :p

The most logical conclusions seems to be the real estate agent cleaned it up. Was pretty clear the real estate agent knew something was up, right?

Also Kimball was changed quite a bit from what I remember in the movie, I don't even think he was a cop in the book.

Having dinner with Paul Allen in London is a joke, in the theme of how they all look and act the same. They are constantly messing up each other in the movie and book.

Makes sense. Thanks woody.

#TeamChelsea

Please beat Liverpool 6-0

King_Moc

Banned
I got to know him when he released Goodbye Bread. I think that's a good start, it's not that loud and got a lot of great songs on it.

To be honest, I never checked the three albums before that one up till now. But I do have all his releases after that including Ty Segall Band and the White Fence co-op album.

Manipulator is in his awesome tier I can say at least. Up there with Slaughterhouse, Goodbye Bread and Sleeper.

Cheers, I went with that seeing as none of his other albums seem to have dropped price on amazon. Noticed that I'd failed to complete my Cymbals Eat Guitars album order while I was there though :-/

I must say when I hung out with Faridmon over the weekend we were talking about and listening to music at one point for a couple hours. Time really passes quickly if you have someone around who's into music like you, and more importantly into the same stuff.

I am into Hindi music

Who's up for a chat on that?

Top Bottom