• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Did you not see the margin by which we won the Championship?

Yeah, but a blistering Championship season isn't always followed up with a good PL season. From what I've seen, reckon you'll finish 14th or so, essentially safe by March

Pearson seems to have your tactics spot-on for picking up good results, and keeping those results coming throughout the season rather than burning out by Christmas

Scum

Nah

He just isn't cut out for the league imo. He'd have been better at another team more suited to him probably, but not as good as he apparently was for Dortmund

I reckon Shinji would have been fine in the league. Rooney stood in his way of achieving good things.

Lakitu

st5fu
Leicester have had a hell of hard start. Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal. If it stays like this they've come through with some dignity.

caesar

Banned
Yeah, but a blistering Championship season isn't always followed up with a good PL season. From what I've seen, reckon you'll finish 14th or so, essentially safe by March

Pearson seems to have your tactics spot-on for picking up good results, and keeping those results coming throughout the season rather than burning out by Christmas

I would be happy with that, but yeah I guess it's easy to say when the season is fresh.

Our passing is absolutely terrible. Has been for the past couple years. Suspect it has something to do with the total lack of positional discipline.

There is no fluidity in our passing because nobody knows where anyone is going to be. Players are allowed to go wherever they please.

Have you read Clichy's interview from a couple of years back? He said there's no drill or tactical practice during training. Some players do some individual training, then there's some one touch passing team practice.

Wilbur

Banned
Leicester have had a hell of hard start. Everton, Chelsea and Arsenal. If it stays like this they've come through with some dignity.

Yeah, 2 points from 9 after that start would be commendable. Us next, as well. That's 3 points
H7bIKlW.png

Hixx

Because he literally has everything.

Killer in front of goal, creatively very gifted, defensively solid ( good tackler), etc.

I'm genuinely curious where you see the weakness in his game.

He scores smashing goals and gets involved and as such is important to Arsenal absolutely.

But 'complete' and 'world class' he certainly fucking isn't. I have never seen Aaron Ramsey control a game in the way a world class midfielder regularly does.

In reality he's had half a good season. Anyone declaring him anything remotely close to world class after that is mental. Come back when he's played a 40+ game season and has shown that form consistently over it.

Suen

Christ it's the same fucking problem in every game. Our defense is lazy and shit and our build up just breaks apart when we reach the the penalty area. Sanogo is jokes and Sanchez is the only player working hard to make something out of it. We're fucking shit.

wedward

Have you read Clichy's interview from a couple of years back? He said there's no drill or tactical practice during training. Some players do some individual training, then there's some one touch passing team practice.

Yeah, I have heard we just basically do 5 v 5 and small sided games.

FeD.nL

I hope this is the end for Overmars. Getting very annoyed, now we have less then 30 hours to get the substitutes, it's all fucking reactionary. Frank de Boer seems very unhappy with the situation regarding Vermeer and I can't blame him. Ugh.

Wilbur

Banned
Agree with Hixxy on Ramsey. For example, Sigurdsson had a superb half season at Swansea and no one is clamouring to call him world class based on that. Ramsey is very good and could be great. He isn't there yet.

wedward

He scores smashing goals and gets involved and as such is important to Arsenal absolutely.

But 'complete' and 'world class' he certainly fucking isn't. I have never seen Aaron Ramsey control a game in the way a world class midfielder regularly does.

In reality he's had half a good season. Anyone declaring him anything remotely close to world class after that is mental. Come back when he's played a 40+ game season and has shown that form consistently over it.

He played 35 games last year...

And he has controlled many games for Arsenal.

leadbelly

Banned
You'd think Wenger would choose not to start with Sanogo again, but considering the number of chances he has already given him without him making any real impact in the game, you don't know.

He picked him in this match and really he should have known he wouldn't give him anything.

FuturusX

Nah

He just isn't cut out for the league imo. He'd have been better at another team more suited to him probably, but not as good as he apparently was for Dortmund

I was half joking but I don't think it fair to judge his suitability for the League based on his time at UTD given the high pressure environment he came into. The Fergie era wound down leaving a huge void in playing style.

Shinji was not right for UTD they have major issues and fans who are overly impatient for success. But I think he could flourished in a less pressured environment and certainly a better balanced team.

Weird because there was a good 3 or 4 years where Arsenal had a really recognisable style of play between 2007 and 2011 or so.

Top Bottom