• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Talk of RVP needing surgery on his knee(?) so that would leave him out of action for a couple of months.

Other possibility is Hernandez AND Welbeck are leaving. Leaving us with only Rooney and RVP. Falcao would be 3rd in and Wilson 4th choice.

wasnt Hernandez leaving official?

GorillaJu

Falcao to United reminds me of RVP to United. You needed a midfielder and a playmaker but it didn't matter, RVP was so fucking good you won the title anyway. I think it'll happen.

I can't stop watching that Moreno gif.

FINALLY we have actual full backs! Manquillo has been rock solid in the two games he's started.
Flanagan was great last year, can't take anything away from that.

jts

...hate me...
Talk of RVP needing surgery on his knee(?) so that would leave him out of action for a couple of months.

Other possibility is Hernandez AND Welbeck are leaving. Leaving us with only Rooney and RVP. Falcao would be 3rd in and Wilson 4th choice.
3783720-lol.gif

Some of these posts in a few months, I swear. EPL fans live in such a sheltered little bubble. Falcao would be immediately your best striker, full stop.

K1LLER7

3783720-lol.gif

Some of these posts in a few months, I swear. EPL fans live in such a sheltered little bubble. Falcao would be immediately your best striker, full stop.
I didn't mean as in choice in terms of who will play. I understand how good Falcao is lol

Falcao would be ahead of both Rooney and RVP imo. I just listed who we have as starters at the moment, then Falcao would make it 3 and Wilson would make it 4 strikers in the squad.

K1LLER7

sarisbello: En las próximas horas se hará oficial el paso de @FALCAO a Manchester United, ya con todo acordado viaja mañana y en la tarde los exámenes

-----

Falcao to United will be official in the coming hours.

Weird how if its so close to being done, nobody else is reporting it.

valeo

Negredo will go to Valencia, Falcao will go to City, Arsenal will get no one

tears.

I honestly don't think Falcao would fit in at Arsenal, even if we did have a chance to get him. Obv better than Sanogoals though.

and Falcao to United is bs - don't get your hopes up, kids.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Manu pls. We need a striker. You have 12. Pls, think of sanogo.

is football gaf like this all year long by the way? just fans of all sorts of different clubs acting like human beings?

on portuguese forums (granted those are club specific forums) you would sware that fans of other teams killed your parents and your dog and pissed on your mouth, thats how much everyone hates each other

Bold One

3783720-lol.gif

nah first Faclao has to prove himself, is he really up Welbz's level?

if he can't match Dat Guy then off to the reserves with him

valeo

is football gaf like this all year long by the way? just fans of all sorts of different clubs activing like human beings?

on portuguese forums (granted those are club specific forums) you would sware that fans of other teams killed your parents and your dog and pissed on your mouth, thats how much everyone hates each other

The difference is those portuguse fans live and breathe their local clubs - we're all just glory hunters from different countries.

GorillaJu

sarisbello: En las próximas horas se hará oficial el paso de @FALCAO a Manchester United, ya con todo acordado viaja mañana y en la tarde los exámenes

-----

Yeah. Weird. It's almost as if it could be made up completely.

is football gaf like this all year long by the way? just fans of all sorts of different clubs activing like human beings?

This topic comes up sometimes. We're all m8s, m8. Stick around, it's friendly here. :) Some of my favorite posters are fans of clubs I hate.

Lightning

Banned

-----

This reminds me of how Arsenal had already signed that Porto guy. Wait until media closer to United start reporting it.

I do wish death and pain upon Brøndby players and fans all the time on here. But there's only one Brøndby supporter on here, so save most of it for Copenhagens forum.

Fergie

Banned
It's our Ozil deal. Out of nowhere.

sounds like BS, hasn't been denied yet, although it's a bit late and I'm going sleep.

jts

...hate me...
I didn't mean as in choice in terms of who will play. I understand how good Falcao is lol

Falcao would be ahead of both Rooney and RVP imo. I just listed who we have as starters at the moment, then Falcao would make it 3 and Wilson would make it 4 strikers in the squad.
Ok sorry for that, m7.

I think the team could really develop some interesting firepower with Falcao on board.

It'd still be a bit unbalanced, but a couple of surgical signings come xmas could just make United back to UCL spots.

K1LLER7

Yeah. Weird. It's almost as if it could be made up completely.
lol Hopefully so.

Would be a Florentino-esque signing. Definitely not what we need.

Think he'll be off to City after they get Negredo to Valencia done. However, Arsenal are really the team in most need of him.

Lightning

Banned
Negredo will go to Valencia, Falcao will go to City, Arsenal will get no one

tears.

I honestly don't think Falcao would fit in at Arsenal, even if we did have a chance to get him. Obv better than Sanogoals though.

and Falcao to United is bs - don't get your hopes up, kids.
DM has to be top priority. With a proper dm we can control games. When we control games we will score, but at the moment we aren't controlling shit and every time the opposition has the ball I fear they will score.

Remy was not the fuck up. He's a minor improvement over what we already have. The fuck up was not ensuring we got Schneiderlin when we had the chance. Very big mistake.

K1LLER7

Ok sorry for that, m7.

I think the team could really develop some interesting firepower with Falcao on board.

It'd still be a bit unbalanced, but a couple of surgical signings come xmas could just make United back to UCL spots.
No need to be sorry m8. I could've worded it better :)

We'll play Rooney in defence, Van Persie in midfield and Falcao in strike.

LVGenius

Falcao would be a signing that isn't what we need but would reek of when we signed RVP. It would also necessitate a switch the 4-3-3, especially if Hernandez goes and RVP has that knee surgery because we'd be left with Rooney, dat guy and Wilson otherwise.

K1LLER7

JFCadavid: Man. City no pudo quedarse con los goles del tigre por el fair playa financiero, pero igual MANCHESTER será su nuevo hogar.

"Manchester City couldn't have the goals from Falcao due to FFP. But he's new home is Manchester anyway..."

Pls Stop

valeo

DM has to be top priority. With a proper dm we can control games. When we control games we will score, but at the moment we aren't controlling shit and every time the opposition has the ball I fear they will score.

Remy was not the fuck up. He's a minor improvement over what we already have. The fuck up was not ensuring we got Schneiderlin when we had the chance. Very big mistake.

Don't think Schneiderlin was the answer, either.

Remy is a screw up because we will likely end up with no one to fill the void until Giroud gets back.

I don't see a downside to buying Falcao if the midfield targets that United want are not available. Vidal is not coming and there's like £55m left to get to £200m (Woodward said they can get up to £200m without breaking FFP)

Buy him and play with whatever formation, he's good enough to cover up for the shithead's (Rooney) mistakes.

#DareToWoodward

For the record I highly doubt it's going to happen but I'm just explaining that if it does happen then it would be incredible for the team.

#RF9

Top Bottom