• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Hope everyone gets what they want on Transfer Deadline Day. If Chelsea do loan out Salah or sell Cech I would assume we would buy one more foreign player as we would have a gap. Not sure who or if these two deals will really happen but I hope for some crazy shit to go down. I do think we are done though and this has been pretty much a perfect transfer window!

subtles

The Last Guardian + Persona 5 gameplay incoming.

iMAxY1jE8uuaa.gif

With Chicharito on loan to Madrid, Welbeck possibly on the move and the possibility of van Persie needing major knee surgery - does Falcao to United make more sense?

Pre TGS?

FFXIII-Type 0.

And some Japan Studio game.

That's all there is.

FFXV

FALCAO

VIDAL

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY

TCoVrrd.gif

I CAN'T CONTAIN OTHING NO MORE

ADA\OIWJFIF

Square Enix had a FFX-Type 0 trailer shown to some at PAX. Just expect that, really.

FFXV will probably only be shown next again year.

subtles

Imagine what Beppe could do with Woodwards' money ...

Marotta's genius with that financial backing would have prevented La Decima.

Allegri is there now. I mean no disrespect to his ability but he's one of those managers you know one can never embrace. He lacks that certain managerial finesse, an incandescent qualiteh held by few.

United shouldn't be allowed to spend so much. They should punish themselves for missing out on European football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta's genius with that financial backing would have prevented La Decima.
On the contrary

Marry has an inverse relationship with transfer fees, the less it is - the better the signing

This is why our best transfers are all free

rodvik

Yes we won!

Now to see if Cleverley believes in himself enough to play football at Villa or prefers to sit in the ManU reserves for a year. I am going for the latter.

I wonder who we will sign in his place though, Lambert definitely has some cash to splash.

Yes we won!

Now to see if Cleverley believes in himself enough to play football at Villa or prefers to sit in the ManU reserves for a year. I am going for the latter.

I wonder who we will sign in his place though, Lambert definitely has some cash to splash.

Take him before mid day and we chuck in a free Anderson for cover.

Lightning

Banned
On the contrary

Marry has an inverse relationship with transfer fees, the less it is - the better the signing

Didn't Vidal cost 17m or something like that? Bloody cheap but not free if I recall. You can eternally thank Fergie for Pogba.

subtles

On the contrary

You underestimate the magnitude of his business acumen. The higher transfer fee flops are his way of protest. He needs more! Unlike Woodward and his obsession last year with The Art of War, he couldn't bring himself to sabotage the team to get what he wanted. Thus, he blessed you with wonderful players worth peanuts.

Conte was the only one that saw through this. Marotta saw to his 'resignation'.

GOAT

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
if Benfica doesnt get Campbell by the end of the day im blaming Lightning

and putting a hex on him

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Why couldn't Carvalho be a Benfica player? Fuck Sporting. I'm starting to hate them, lol

the problem with Carvalho and Sporting is that their new President wants to look tough / act big early on to rival Benfica and Porto, but the problem is, Sporting hasnt done anything the last few years, and they are coming off a second place league placement and...little else.

I hope im not offending any Sporting fans here, as Im not talking about William Carvalho's value as a player, I think hes a great young kid with a huge future. and he's probably worth what Sporting wants for him (30mill or whatever it is). The problem is, thats what Porto and Benfica can charge for players at the moment (and to be fair, even them really charge that as easily as some years ago) because they have been doing strong in Europe the last few years and winning the league and shit.

Again, not talking about the player in question, just the perceived value market, not trying to shit on him or Sporting (although I think the new president is a wank, not that Benfica one is any better lol)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Didn't Vidal cost 17m or something like that? Bloody cheap but not free if I recall. You can eternally thank Fergie for Pogba.
No! It was £8.3-9.5m.
You underestimate the magnitude of his business acumen. The higher transfer fee flops are his way of protest. He needs more! Unlike Woodward and his obsession last year with The Art of War, he couldn't bring himself to sabotage the team to get what he wanted. Thus, he blessed you with wonderful players worth peanuts.

Conte was the only one that saw through this. Marotta saw to his 'resignation'.

GOAT
Conte should share part of the blame tbh, because I'm sure Padoin, Peluso, Isla and Ogbonna are his idea. -_- and don't make me start on the pre-Conte disastrous signings like Jorge Martínez, Marco Motta and the other little shits :lol

Asamoah is an absolute BEAST but if it weren't for his conversion into a wingback, he would've been a waste of money as well.

and we'll see about Elbuyback Morata.

tri_willy

Yaya Sanogo is worse than David N'Gog.
And I still don't think Cleverly is any better than Spearing

deader than dead

The Scholes thing isn't nice to see, I'll agree with that.

"I don't like the spotlight, won't be giving interviews, just want to go and live a quiet life"

Next thing he's an ambassador for Paddy Power and providing more columns, interviews and broadcast clips than one could ever consume.

money talks

loool madrid, you just dont get rid of xabi alonso without paying a heavy price... for a bit of history this is what happened to clubs whom he left

real sociedad - downward spiral, eventually got relegated in 2006-07
liverpool - out of CL, hodgson'd, in the wilderness for years
real madrid - ???
bayern - to be confirmed in years to come

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So much for Puma forcing Conte to pick Balo, eh?

-

Montella “We signed Marko Marin because he’s short and that way I can feel taller!”

Lightning

Banned
This Falcao shit is hilarious. If he ended up at United it will be some of the best poker transfers I've followed. First he was guaranteed madrid, then nope followed Campbell and Arsenal heavily linked, then followed Silva and co from city, then leaked he's joining madrid, then madrid deny it and he signs for United. All in the space of a few days? WTF....

Rhaknar

Lightning, you hear anything about Arsenal wanting Bacca?

I dont even know who Bacca is >_<

Lightning

Banned
Lightning, you hear anything about Arsenal wanting Bacca?

I dont even know who Bacca is >_<
There's rumours of us wanting him but nothing from the sources close to Arsenal. I really doubt we're signing an attacking player but if we do Campbell will be allowed to leave, Something must be happening as to why Arsenal suddenly wanted Remy after snubbing him the entire summer when he wanted to join us.

Top Bottom