• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

3Sixty

Such a shame Manchester United couldn't sign Rickie Lambert or Adam Lallana because of no CL football. We just had to settle for Falcao and Di Maria instead

dxWcChN.gif

Well, United to sign one of the best, if not the best, strikers in the world. Congrats.

Kinda weird though, after LVG's comments on the unbalanced squad..

dc89

Surely we're not letting Negredo go without someone coming in. Surely not.

Are we gonna rat out a tasty signing?!

Danchi

Such a shame Manchester United couldn't sign Rickie Lambert or Adam Lallana because of no CL football. We just had to settle for Falcao and Di Maria instead

I think Di Maria was one of, if not the, best midfielder last season and, for me, a fully-fit Falcao is the best no. 9 around. You've still been dire so far this season and even your manager says it will be months for the players to properly attune to the system (whatever it's suppose to be).

Falcao suffered a major injury last year and, even when he was fit, was poor when Monaco weren't playing well last year. He didn't raise the level of people around when things were difficult, as people sometimes attribute to big signings. He looked bored and annoyed that people weren't on his wavelength. They improved when he got injured and James become the main man.

They're both good buys, especially if the Falcao deal is a loan (the chance of Champions League football and what that mean to the sponsors would outweigh his wages/loan fee). I just think this idea that Champions League football is now guaranteed is a tad premature.

Weidenfeller/Langerak
Piszczek/Großkreutz - Sokratis/Subotic - Hummels/Ginter/Sarr - Schmelzer/Durm
Bender/Kehl/Kirch - Sahin/Gündogan/Jojic
Kuba/Aubameyang - Micky/Kagawa - Reus/Ji
Immobile/Ramos

Damn

Martin Ødegaard is not in England and will not be joining #mufc today, according to Jostein Flo (via @DTMagne)

Noooooooooooo

Why would anyone believe that he was? lol. He, his father and his manager said several times that while interest is huge, he won't be going anywhere until he's done with his mandatory school stuff next summer. He's also highly enjoying actually playing at a professional competitive level, even if it's not that high quality, it's still pretty damn developing for a player his age.

Weidenfeller/Langerak
Piszczek/Großkreutz-Sokratis/Subotic-Hummels/Ginter/Sarr-Schmelzer/Durm
Bender/Kehl/Kirch-Sahin/Gündogan/Jojic
Kuba/Aubameyang-Micky/Kagawa-Reus/Ji
Immobile/Ramos

Damn

I dreamed of ShinJi-Sung Park duo when Shinji first came. Park was sold.

I hope you complete your ShinJi-Dong Wong duo.

Bold One

I think Di Maria was one of, if not the, best midfielder last season and, for me, a fully-fit Falcao is the best no. 9 around. You've still been dire so far this season and even your manager says it will be months for the players to properly attune to the system (whatever it's suppose to be).

Falcao suffered a major injury last year and, even when he was fit, was poor when Monaco weren't playing well last year. They improved when he got injured and James become the main man.

I just think this idea that Champions League football is now guaranteed is a tad premature.

never mentioned CL was guaranteed

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So weird

Every time I'm about to make a major decision in life - this song pops up on the radio

Fuck off God

Mastadon

Banned
David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 3 mins
Arsenal very unlikely to sign anyone before deadline. Barring late surprise & a couple of squad exits, #AFC business is done #bbcdeadlineday

#trustinarsene

Feorax

David Ornstein ‏@bbcsport_david 3 mins
Arsenal very unlikely to sign anyone before deadline. Barring late surprise & a couple of squad exits, #AFC business is done #bbcdeadlineday

#trustinarsene

Is this the year Arsenal drop out of the top 4?

EmiPrime

If our business is really done then Man City in 2 weeks is the last league game I go to this season. Just going to go to cup games. :/

jtb

Banned
no more signings, unsurprising

Wenger doesn't have it in him to spend money on any player that isn't attacking midfielder-y

Biabiany? Meh. I feel bad for Taarabt, he waited all summer for us only to lose out to Biabiany.

Anyway, at least Milan will be a super fast team in FIFA this year, between El Sha, Niang, Biabiany, Menez, Armero, and Abate. Dem counter attacks.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The answer is NO. Do not drive again, you're drunk, get out of the car.

But it's usually an indication of me doing something right!

Like God is amused and he's clapping for me

Which is funny because i don't even believe in him

Maybe I should

Top Bottom