• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
10583893_590437627768440_1800502754683740804_n.png

I love deadline day

I also love Arsenal gaf <3 please dont hate me

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
How can you sign Falcao and Di Maria yet fail to sign a poor little Chilean plying his trade for a wee club in Italy?

jtb

Banned
He requested impossible targets. It's no wonder we signed fucking no one.

Fabregas moved, Herrera moved, Fellaini moved. Only Ronaldo/Bale were impossible targets, and Di Maria/Falcao are really just a tier below that. Moyes did a bad job with what he had but he obviously didn't have as much as LVG.

RiggyRob

He requested impossible targets. It's no wonder we signed fucking no one.

Considering Fabregas is now at Chelsea, and Thiago was still at Barcelona when they asked, that doesn't seem like an impossible target to me.

Ronaldo was stupid but I was under the impression Moyes actually asked for Bale before Madrid went fucking crazy with the €100m bid.

Fellaini, no excuses. And that's how we knew Moyes didn't know what he was doing.

Moyes is responsible for all of that? I guess I'm confused . . . in Italy the coaches don't actually handle the day-to-day transfer business, they make requests but then the board handles everything.

Maybe I was wrong then.

I don't hate the guy, but I'm glad we won't have another 84 crosses situation.

kharma45

Considering Fabregas is now at Chelsea, and Thiago was still at Barcelona when they asked, that doesn't seem like an impossible target to me.

Ronaldo was stupid but I was under the impression Moyes actually asked for Bale before Madrid went fucking crazy with the €100m bid.

Fellaini, no excuses. And that's how we knew Moyea didn't know what he was doing.

On the Bale bid, apparently United match and iirc exceeded the Madrid bid, but he only had eyes for them.

Fabregas moved, Herrera moved, Fellaini moved. Only Ronaldo/Bale were impossible targets, and Di Maria/Falcao are really just a tier below that. Moyes did a bad job with what he had but he obviously didn't have as much as LVG.

We went after Herrera too late, we should have signed Fellaini when he still had a cheaper fucking buyout clause, and obviously Fabregas wasn't going anywhere last summer. He made mistakes last summer.

Man Utd: RVP, Rooney & Falcao
City: Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic & Negredo
Liverpool: Balotelli, Sturridge & Lambert
Chelsea: Costa, Remy & Drogba
Arsenal: Sanogo and Giroud

HORSEEEE

@jonnyescott
Regarding Januzaj not playing much recently, He's on antibiotics as he has a mouth infection so he shouldn't have even been in the squad

no idea who the fuck this guy is

i cant breathe

this is United fans levels of denial.

you were wearing the same clothes/robes in another selfie baby girl

I SAID SORRY GOD DAMMIT

ffs forgiveness is a foreign concept these days

Think she said that in the initial 2 or 3 pics and those were fake. Then the whole batch came out.

miserable

it's too bad that United is not in the CL with that squad

would be pretty funny if they missed the top 4 this season too, but that surely won't happen

Fabregas was an impossible target last summer, Herrera was a clusterfuck like I said and Fellaini was bought too late in the transfer window, so we had to pay more to get him.

Bumhead

Banned
Love deadline day.

Rarely for us we appear to actually be involved in it as well. Linked with Marnick Vermijl, 22 y/o right back from Man United and Billy McKay from Inverness Caley Thistle.

Makes up for what I can only assume was a narrow miss for Falcao.

Jarnet87

I am dead inside. The ghost of fergie still lingers and corrupts the minds of whoever takes on the united job. RVP is finished so we bring in a 28 year old striker coming off an ACL tear. Disregard the plethora of attacking talent in di Maria, kagawa, and adnan and just throw money at a striker.

jtb

Banned
I honestly have no problem with Wenger not buying a striker if he doesn't want to spend 50m+ on an old-ish striker coming of an ACL injury. but that's only because just about every other position in the team could be strengthened, significantly.

if it was a question of spending 50m on Khedira, Remy, and Griezmann vs. Falcao, I would probably take those three over Falcao.

to spend nothing? well, that's exactly what I expected out of Wenger. already turned Cazorla into Arshavin 2.0, well on his way towards doing the same with Ozil.

oh well. I believe in Sanogo, I only doubt his ability to not get injured.

I am dead inside. The ghost of fergie still lingers and corrupts the minds of whoever takes on the united job. RVP is finished so we bring in a 28 year old striker coming off an ACL tear. Disregard the plethora of attacking talent in di Maria, kagawa, and adnan and just throw money at a striker.

YEAH

Hopefully Madrid make that Pea deal permanent. Will offset the Falcao deal next summer.

God I can't wait for next summer.

Who will we get.

raven777

so it's loan for first year, and then permanent transfer? How much will the transfer fee?

I am hearing something like 65m which I hope is a joke.

Top Bottom