• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Scum

giphy.gif

Turok_TTZ

Pulga, Barzul, Linius, Bacon, Fry, GQ and Wedward banned in less than a couple of days.

They're all muppets. nothing of value was lost.

CHICHARITO HERNANDEZ!!

Finally, an impact sub Real Madrid has been needing. He will do well to cover for Benz and Jese.

Would have liked a b2b mid to replace Di maria but I don't think we'll sign one. :\

jtb

Banned
also replacing Campbell for Welbeck is a fucking stupid, pointless, sideways deal.

I'd rather keep Campbell over getting Welbeck. what the fuck.

RiggyRob

I'm not too bothered about Welbeck going to Arsenal on loan but it does come across as something that could backfire.

Welbeck won't be able to play against us if it's a loan, and he'll get more games to score against the other teams we're competing with for CL football. Hopefully he comes back a better player, I guess our homegrown player quota is fine with him out for a season with no European football.

defel

Happy to see Welbeck go for England team reasons. Hopefully he'll get some more play time upfront - he could develop into a great striker. He is lost in that United front line

inky

I just wonder how much this really improves the united squad. Still no creative midfielder who can find those killer passes, still no holding midfielder who can boss the play, still no competent centre back.

Herrera can pass a ball. him and Mata should be that link up. ADM can play centrally too, and even if he doesn't he can certainly get the ball forward and provide that last-third pass.

I agree with the rest of your post tho, and with the overall message. ADM and Falcao were big name signings that fell into Woody's lap, but they cost a lot of money where CB and DM/CM were priorities which are going to be unfulfilled. If anything, I hope they at least play some exciting football. With that quality of players they should.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Your emotionally attached to him Wilbur!

We just got RUMBO. A player 100x better than Welbeck and now Wilson could get more play time.

When will Wilson play? Every league fixture deserves all of our attention, maybe the FA Cup?

The lack of fixtures will hurt his chances I think.

Welbeck won't be able to play against us if it's a loan, and he'll get more games to score against the other teams we're competing with for CL football. Hopefully he comes back a better player, I guess our homegrown player quota is fine with him out for a season with no European football.
What if Arsenal is our main top 4 rival? That's where it gets tricky.

Esch

Banned
Can't believe some Arsenal fans upset with Welbeck. Sure he's no Falcao but I know you will end up loving him.

It would be better if Arsenal bought him. This way Arsenal overpaid for a loan, helped finance Utd's nabbing of Falcao, are going to develop Welbeck way more than Utd ever were willing to, and as a result are going to raise his value for the time when United eventually sells him off to some midtable european club.

Arsenal lost.

Brilliant mercato window for Galliani, tbh, considering he had basically no money to spend. Quite amazing, in fact.

Sort of.

Selling a homegrown player like Cristante doesn't seem that good to me, especially if he actually asked the board to sell him after getting Van Ginkel on loan. Also, Torres is a bet, he might be great, Liverpool style, or a failure with a dozen useless goals, Chelsea style. Rami, Diego Lopez and Poli were all great deals, and keeping De Jong and El Shaa is what we needed in this kind of season.

It's not a bad mercato, we had worse, but it's also not a 2010 like mercato (Ibra+Robinho+Boateng+Amelia and somebody else). I'd give the Gold Tie a 6.5 out of 10, would've been a 7 out of 10 if we kept Cristante.

PaulLFC

how many times does this need to be gone over

we rich as fuck

through legitimate means
It's a good job as well if that wage rumour is true. Near £18 million for a year, ~£72 million if he has a "4 year contract" as some rumours state. By which time he'll be 32.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think we will all learn to love Blind and Herrera, good honest lads who play for the game and give it all.

jtb

Banned
It would be better if Arsenal bought him. This way Arsenal overpaid for a loan, helped finance Utd's nabbing of Falcao, are going to develop him way more than Utd ever were willing to, and as a result are going to raise his value for the time when United eventually sells him off to some midtable european club.

Arsenal lost.

if it's a loan move, no way does Wenger play him as anything other than emergency cover/on the wing.

Best

I'm happy for Welbeck to go on loan for a year and then come back. Has the potential to backfire with the race for 4th place though.

Wilbur

Banned
Over not under!

Wilbur you fuck face :lol that was such a stupid argument :lol

Only because you fucks have no semblance of reading comprehension

"money doesnt matter to conte, they won't go over his head, there is no price"

"if we bid 100m would we get him"

"OBVIOUSLY"

"so there is a price that they'd go over his head at"

"OBVIOUSLY"

"so where are we disagreeing"

"there is no set price LOL"

.... fuck pulga.

ArsenalGAF is hilarious and/or sad, I'm not so sure yet.

They go from "we'll win the league" and being offended about someone laughing at the thought of top player X joining them to "Fuck Wenger", "We're shit" in less than a few hours.

Mr Cola

Cleverley looking like he wont be a United player after deadline closes SSN

H1PSTER

Posted this in the wrong thread but I thought it was worthy of posting in the correct one.

I Can't work out if Man Utd's summer catchphrase is "all fur coat and no knickers" or "business at the front, party at the back."

RiggyRob

if it's a loan move, no way does Wenger play him as anything other than emergency cover/on the wing.

Are you missing the fact that Giroud is injured? Welbeck will play a ton of games, in his favoured position. It's a great move for him personally.

Top Bottom