• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Hindle

Banned
Don't mean to go all Marc but I do hope this doesn't set off a chain of events ultimately leading us to doing a Chelsea/Arsenal/City and fielding a team full of foreigners.

I've always liked that we've been able to stay successful with a strong core of local players.

The fact that up and coming English talent is looking pretty thin at the moment probably doesn't help things, mind.

Think you'll be in for Barkely and Stones in the future, maybe Ward-Prowse as well.

pappe

1 good thing of signing Fatcao is that it will provide a kick up the ass to RVP and Rooney. They both were slacking and knew they are automatic starters which is never a good mentality. Fatcao will be proper competition for those 2.

Kikarian

1 good thing of signing Fatcao is that it will provide a kick up the ass to RVP and Rooney. They both were slacking and knew they are automatic starters which is never a good mentality. Fatcao will be proper competition for those 2.
Fatcao
3AQmK.gif

#Believe

jtb

Banned
We don't need a shitty panic striker. We need serious reinforcement in CB and DM.

some combination of Sanchez, Sanogo, Theo, Podolski will perform, at worst, as well as Welbeck would. and frankly, if we're going to be developing yet another striker project, I much prefer that to be Theo, Sanchez or Sanogo.

why didn't wedward even say goodbye

it's the hope that kills you

will follow Dean on twitter in his memory

seriously though, I will miss Wedward's Wenger/Jacky cheerleading. I enjoyed the Arsenal civil war this summer, even if he probably called each poster in this thread an idiot at least five times.

WJD

That core was essentially bringing Scholes back from retirement and Giggs playing til he was 40. Welbeck's the only English local talent I can think of in the last 5 years that got into the first team.

I didn't mean local as in the North East.

Rooney, Carrick, Rio, Giggs, Fletcher, Scholes and even Smalling and Evans have all played significant parts in our most recent period of success (2006+)

Salvadora

already being paid that m8 stop acting like its old news

we're just sucking the balls of the old horrific sexual abuser that is modern football

what harm will just sucking his balls do
makes you the jimmy savile of football considering you're avoiding paying taxes on it too

RiggyRob

I didn't mean local as in the North East.

Rooney, Carrick, Rio, Giggs, Fletcher, Scholes and even Smalling and Evans have all played significant parts in our most recent period of success (2006+)

Fair enough - yeah we're pretty good with the British core.

Arse-GAF - you're in four competitions, don't kid yourself about Welbeck not playing a lot of games up front.

jtb

Banned
Fair enough - yeah we're pretty good with the British core.

Arse-GAF - you're in four competitions, don't kid yourself about Welbeck not playing a lot of games up front.

Wenger won't buy good players because they'll block the development of his own young players, you really think he's going to develop another club's player for them?

Sanogo, Sanchez, Theo, Podolski ahead of him in the pecking order.

Welbeck will play games. On the wing.

Hixx

@JamesOlley 1m
Borini's deal to #QPR: Fee agreed with #lfc - £10m rising to £13m - but wages the issue. Player wants £90k-a-wk. Club offered £58k so far.

Everything makes sense now.

Wilbur

Banned
Wenger won't buy good players because they'll block the development of his own young players, you really think he's going to develop another club's player for them?

Sanogo, Sanchez, Theo, Podolski ahead of him in the pecking order. He will play games. On the wing.

Sanogo doesn't deserve to be ahead of a cotton bud

Top Bottom