• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Zaccardo hasn't agreed on Parma's contract, the Biabiany swap could be blocked. Actually, it's been blocked a few minutes ago.

Damn you Suen, get on the phone and sort it out, give Zaccardo (a World Cup winner, just to remind it. And even scored a goal, don't mind for which side) whatever he wants.

Only because you fucks have no semblance of reading comprehension

"money doesnt matter to conte, they won't go over his head, there is no price"

"if we bid 100m would we get him"

"OBVIOUSLY"

"so there is a price that they'd go over his head at"

"OBVIOUSLY"

"so where are we disagreeing"

"there is no set price LOL"

.... fuck pulga.

I loved every second of it :p

confuziz

Banned
OptaJohan ‏@OptaJohan 36s

1 - Royston Drenthe's only international game for The Netherlands was played on a Wednesday. Sheffield.

Worst.

Joke.

Ever.

K1LLER7

Three Hundred and Forty Six Thousand Pounds A WEEK!!!!

Fu
Ck
In
He
Ll.
Wayne Rooney right now....

_41738586_rooney_smile203.jpg

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
FALCO Arrives!

Wait Falco?

Has someone pulled a fast one on us D:

Salvadora

ArsenalGAF is hilarious and/or sad, I'm not so sure yet.

They go from "we'll win the league" and being offended about someone laughing at the thought of top player X joining them to "Fuck Wenger", "We're shit" in less than a few hours.

Who said we would win the league, I want names.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Only because you fucks have no semblance of reading comprehension

"money doesnt matter to conte, they won't go over his head, there is no price"

"if we bid 100m would we get him"

"OBVIOUSLY"

"so there is a price that they'd go over his head at"

"OBVIOUSLY"

"so where are we disagreeing"

"there is no set price LOL"

.... fuck pulga.

WE ARE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN

but no, it's still a stupid argument and pulg was half-right.

Gazzetta dello Sport reports that if Van Ginkel plays more than twenty matches for AC Milan, there will be no loan fee involved. However, if Van Ginkel plays less than twenty matches, AC Milan will have to pay Chelsea around £475,000 (€600,000). If Van Ginkel plays exactly twenty matches, then the loan fee will be around £315,000 (€400,000).

That's one way to get them to play I guess lol

Zabojnik

Sort of.

Selling a homegrown player like Cristante doesn't seem that good to me, especially if he actually asked the board to sell him after getting Van Ginkel on loan. Also, Torres is a bet, he might be great, Liverpool style, or a failure with a dozen useless goals, Chelsea style. Rami, Diego Lopez and Poli were all great deals, and keeping De Jong and El Shaa is what we needed in this kind of season.

It's not a bad mercato, we had worse, but it's also not a 2010 like mercato (Ibra+Robinho+Boateng+Amelia and somebody else). I'd give the Gold Tie a 6.5 out of 10, would've been a 7 out of 10 if we kept Cristante.

And, most importantly, Pippo.

I'm reading that the Biabiany deal collapsed?

jtb

Banned
Are you missing the fact that Giroud is injured? Welbeck will play a ton of games, in his favoured position. It's a great move for him personally.

No, I'm not.

of course it's a great move for him; he stands to lose nothing. it's a terrible move for Arsenal but that's what you get when you wait until the very last minute to buy players.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I honestly dont see why Arsenal are made at Welbeck, every United fan is sad he is leaving, he is not bad at all :3

Give him a run of games, the creativity of your CM's and he will score goals.

WJD

Don't mean to go all Marc but I do hope this doesn't set off a chain of events ultimately leading us to doing a Chelsea/Arsenal/City and fielding a team full of foreigners.

I've always liked that we've been able to stay successful with a strong core of local players.

The fact that up and coming English talent is looking pretty thin at the moment probably doesn't help things, mind.

Zabojnik

I don't think I've ever seen Pulga-san admit to being wrong about something. Like, I'm not even talking about outright admitting it, just, like, hinting at it. Pulga <333

Herrera can pass a ball. him and Mata should be that link up. ADM can play centrally too, and even if he doesn't he can certainly get the ball forward and provide that last-third pass.

I agree with the rest of your post tho, and with the overall message. ADM and Falcao were big name signings that fell into Woody's lap, but they cost a lot of money where CB and DM/CM were priorities which are going to be unfulfilled. If anything, I hope they at least play some exciting football. With that quality of players they should.

Fair comeback really I reckon.

I aren't really impressed with Herrera and I don't understand why Mata has suddenly turned off the boil.

ADM has played brilliantly in the past and I'm sure he's still capable of doing so, I just think your point about the CB/DM will be the biggest factor though mate.

K1LLER7

United told Welbeck and Cleverley to sort out their own futures.

Welbeck permanent move should be for 15m+. Dat English tax.

Mastadon

Banned
I honestly dont see why Arsenal are made at Welbeck, every United fan is sad he is leaving, he is not bad at all :3

Give him a run of games, the creativity of your CM's and he will score goals.

No he fucking won't. He scored 10 in all competitions last year.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
That's one way to get them to play I guess lol

HAHAH you're on to Galliani

I bet he wanted to Aquilani you too

the Italian midfielder has to play 25 games for Milan this season if he wants his loan deal to be permanent come the end of the season.

and he was benched permenantly after the 24 mark I think :lol

And, most importantly, Pippo.

I'm reading that the Biabiany deal collapsed?
I'll judge Pippo in November-December. Yesterday was a good display everything considered (played like a true provinciale), but we'll have to see how a midfield without a proper regista will do against Juve and Roma. We lack quality in there, and I'm not sure Van Ginkel could do a lot to save us from a De Jong-Muntari-Poli midfield. I mean, we won't be a painful watch like last year, but at the same we won't be that great.
And yeah, the Biabiany deal is off:
Zaccardo hasn't agreed on Parma's contract, the Biabiany swap could be blocked. Actually, it's been blocked a few minutes ago.

Damn you Suen, get on the phone and sort it out, give Zaccardo (a World Cup winner, just to remind it. And even scored a goal, don't mind for which side) whatever he wants.
HAHAH you're on to Galliani

I bet he wanted to Aquilani you too

and he was benched permenantly after the 24 mark I think :lol

Yep. Allegri blindly followed what Galliani said, even if we were still in the Scudetto race.

Godan

If we can get Welbeck and play him as a striker then it will be good for us. Still not the world class striker we all want but its better than Sanogo

RiggyRob

Don't mean to go all Marc but I do hope this doesn't set off a chain of events ultimately leading us to doing a Chelsea/Arsenal/City and fielding a team full of foreigners.

I've always liked that we've been able to stay successful with a strong core of local players.

The fact that up and coming English talent is looking pretty thin at the moment probably doesn't help things, mind.

That core was essentially bringing Scholes back from retirement and Giggs playing til he was 40. Welbeck's the only English local talent I can think of in the last 5 years that got into the first team.

No he fucking won't. He scored 10 in all competitions last year.

Behind RVP and Rooney, with a shit midfield, that's almost a compliment.

Wilbur

Banned

Yep. Even now, we can field Jones, Evans, Smalling, Shaw, Carrick, Rooney... but that's going to be dwindling.

Top Bottom