• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

L1NETT

Name being sent around is Rolando Maran for the Leeds job

So I googled him.......

Rolando+Maran+Reggina+Calcio+v+Calcio+Catania+hVHKWYhoJuol.jpg

IT'S ANOTHER BALD BLOKE

pls send help

omgkitty

I really really hope he doesn't.

If Wenger told me he honestly thinks this squad can win it I would fully support sacking him.

Had Ramsey and Walcott not gotten hurt, we could have conceivably won the league last year. We were in 1st for a long time, and then we kinda faded there when everyone was out. We have since added Sanchez and Walcott is expected back. It's not crazy, and I'm 100% positive Arsene thinks this current squad can win the league. Sure, some players should be better and increase our game like Wilshere, Ox and Sanogo, but then you have Arteta another year older and past his prime. IDK I'm not him, and I disagree, but I can see why he'd think that.

If it were me, I'd want to be damn sure we were better and I'd make sure we had the right depth at CB and then a starter at DM who isn't 33 and injury prone. I'd also at least have a backup striker who can score. Maybe we don't need a WC striker and Alexis will become good there, but I still think we need a Remy or someone like that to fill the numbers. I also think we need a real LM or at least I'd just say fuck it and give Schalke the 35m or whatever for Draxler. He likes playing through the middle and with our system he could start wide and drift inside anyways, or we could stick him up top like was rumored.

Scum

Tottenham team to play AEL Limassol: Lloris, Naughton, Chiriches, Kaboul, Davies, Dembele, Sandro, Lennon, Paulinho, Townsend, Kane.

subs: Friedel, Dier, Rose, Veljkovic, Chadli, Holtby, Adebayor

Paulinho over Holtby? Lewis must be on his way. At least the Sandro/Dembele midfield is back for the first time in god knows how long.

YES KANE!

wedward

Had Ramsey and Walcott not gotten hurt, we could have conceivably won the league last year. We were in 1st for a long time, and then we kinda faded there when everyone was out. We have since added Sanchez and Walcott is expected back. It's not crazy, and I'm 100% positive Arsene thinks this current squad can win the league. Sure, some players should be better and increase our game like Wilshere, Ox and Sanogo, but then you have Arteta another year older and past his prime. IDK I'm not him, and I disagree, but I can see why he'd think that.

idk. we lost 6-3 to City with Rambo, Ozil and Walcott all healthy.

omgkitty

That shit needs to stop, and I honestly don't think it's the players. IDK what Wenger is doing, but it's wrong, and we need to change the way we play against better teams. We're not going to play tiki taka against the big clubs. They're going to hit us on the break and make us pay every time. Maybe there's something to be said about being bullied in midfield, but I think more of it has to do with Wenger's approach and saying "we need to play our game." Fuck that. We need to win.

‏@John__Percy 5m
#avfc bid for Tom Cleverley has been accepted by #mufc. Now up to the player to decide his next move. Hull and Everton also in.

Fucking hell..

I can see him holding out for Everton. Probably won't want to make that sort of step down. I mean we know what his level is, but he probably thinks he's above that because of how many games he's played for United.

Lightning

Banned
In terms of strikers, wedward, who do you want him to buy? Cavani is not for sale and was never for sale. That was never realistic.

King_Moc

Banned

Arsenal are very good at beating the teams outside the top 4 though. Probably better than lfc, Chelsea and city. So even if you get trounced by those teams occasionally, the league is by no means off the radar.

#1 Man City (H) 17 Sep
#2 CSKA (A) 30 Sep
#3 Roma (A) 21 Oct
#4 Roma (H) 5 Nov
#5 Man City (A) 25 Nov
#6 CSKA (H) 10 Dec

Thank Christ. No games in Russia November/December.

Madrid and Basel are two real good teams we're gonna strugle with to beat

No shit Madrid are great, but you gotta expect that from pot 1, you're not going to get anyone easy to beat in there. Pot 2 you could have gotten way worse than Basel, especially long eastern European trips... or Dortmund, or Juve, or PSG. I would say Basel is def the easiest of the pot 3 teams, although I have no idea what state Shaktar are in.

who's mou going to replace torres with?

2 strikers, one who's 36 is no bueno

we need torres damn it

Destro.

wedward

Arsenal are very good at beating the teams outside the top 4 though. Probably better than lfc, Chelsea and city. So even if you get trounced by those teams occasionally, the league is by no means off the radar.

That is true, but we are going to have to beat at least one of the big teams away if we want to have a chance.

I would also like us to be able to beat a big team away because I want the team to improve. Losing 6-0, 6-3, 5-1 is soul killing.

In terms of strikers, wedward, who do you want him to buy? Cavani is not for sale and was never for sale. That was never realistic.

Striker I accept there aren't many world class ones available. I would like another one even if that is Remy or Welbeck. I don't like relying on Sanogo and playing Theo and Sanchez out of position.

I am most annoyed that we have known since May that Verm would be leaving and have left it to the last week to sign a CB. Unacceptable.

Also unacceptable that we still have not signed a DM. A position we have needed for 3 years.

That shit needs to stop, and I honestly don't think it's the players. IDK what Wenger is doing, but it's wrong, and we need to change the way we play against better teams. We're not going to play tiki taka against the big clubs. They're going to hit us on the break and make us pay every time. Maybe there's something to be said about being bullied in midfield, but I think more of it has to do with Wenger's approach and saying "we need to play our game." Fuck that. We need to win.

We have zero tactical discipline. It's not just against the big teams either. It's against every team. We just don't get punished by the smaller teams. Look at us against Palace and Besiktas. We were a mess. All over the place. No organization.

wedward

NEO ‏@WELCOME_VIDAL 2h
TRICKY DRAW FOR UNITED. NO HOME FIXTURES. OR AWAY. AND NO OPPONENTS. VERY DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO PROGRESS

3uZRsU4.png

Crystal Palace said:
Zaha Re-Joins Palace On Loan

Crystal Palace are delighted to confirm that winger Wilfried Zaha has re-joined the club on loan from Manchester United.

The two-cap England international has agreed a deal that will see him spend the entire 2014/15 season at Selhurst Park.

Zaha, 21, moved to Old Trafford for an undisclosed fee in January 2013 but stayed at Palace on loan until the end of the Championship campaign, playing a huge role in the club’s promotion to the Premier League via the play-offs.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/zaha-re-joins-palace-on-loan-1881654.aspx

Jarnet87

Cleverly will accept it. He is arrogant enough to believe he deserves a starting spot. Then again he's also arrogant and delusional enough to believe he is good enough to start at United. Please footballing gods help u.

Salvadora

I am most annoyed that we have known since May that Verm would be leaving and have left it to the last week to sign a CB. Unacceptable.

Also unacceptable that we still have not signed a DM. A position we have needed for 3 years.
That is what annoys me the most.

The CF, fair enough. Couldn't have foreseen the serious Giroud injury and we had intended (rightly or wrongly) to mould Alexis into that. That isn't an excuse for not getting one now though.

Go_Ly_Dow

NEO ‏@WELCOME_VIDAL 2h
TRICKY DRAW FOR UNITED. NO HOME FIXTURES. OR AWAY. AND NO OPPONENTS. VERY DIFFICULT FOR THEM TO PROGRESS

WILL JUST REPLAY THE CHAMPS LEAGUE MATCHES FROM THE 07-08.

still cheer loudly when i reminisce about dat penalty shootout!

Jarnet87

Arturo Vidal went to Juventus for 10.5 million Euros. Villa offered 10.3 million Euros for Cleverly . For England to ever have a chance at winning they need to stop overrating the fuck out of their "talent"

It's like you haven't seen Torres play for 3 years.

he's still my favorite player to watch

chelsea's a better team with him around

i cheer for him whenever he assists or scores or gets subbed in

sure, his international form's not what it used to be, but he was fantastic for us last season

with proper midfield support, he'd be the PL's top scorer

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I bet you this ref bottles the red. Yeah he's hurt but they need to be down to 10.

El Topo

Arturo Vidal went to Juventus for 10.5 million Euros. Villa offered 10.3 million Euros for Cleverly . For England to ever have a chance at winning they need to stop overrating the fuck out of their "talent"

For England to ever have a chance at winning they need to start producing "talent". The occasional gifted player just isn't enough.

Top Bottom