• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

K1LLER7

Liked Welbeck.

Move suits everybody imo. Decent buy for Arsenal, United get a good fee, Welbeck gets less competition and some game time he needs.

Now on to RUMBO

Gah

Goodbye Danny, I wish him well but if he is well he could hurt us :(

Hurts

that guy that shook the bernabeau, forever in your hearts

0sVEHgi.jpg

kharma45

Only downside of Welbeck leaving is that he went to arsenal. Rather he went somewhere else. Still, he can fuck around there instead and be a useless bastard.

Sadist

Fun last transfer day once again

Goalie transfers in Holland were the most fun. Gonna be weird to see Vermeer in a Feyenoord kit. Oh well.

"How do you think the fans will react?"

"Which fans?"

lol

RiggyRob

Welp, since it's permanent I hope Welbeck keeps up his record of scoring once in every 15 games for Arsenal. Shame really, would've been nice to keep a Mancunian in the team.

Kikarian

As much as I want Welbeck to go, we shouldn't have sold him to Arsenal or any of our rivals for that matter.

He'll do well there.

leadbelly

Banned
Goodbye Danny. Glad to see the fucking back of you. Shite striker, shite winger. If you weren't English you'd have been gone ages ago.

Well, his finishing is a big question mark on him, but I do recall matches where Welbeck was the best player on the pitch. On his good days, Welbeck can really add something to the side.

- we need another player for our midfield, loan Van Ginkel
- Cristante feels like he won't get enough minutes this year, goes to Portugal
- sign Bonaventura because we lost Cristante

Basically if we believed in Cristante we would've been just fine today.

7.5/10, another AMR (a Lavezzi or someone like him, even on a loan) and it would've been a 8/10.

Hold the ratings . . . still forty minutes left, this is the Galliani zone.

He might pull something else out of his hat like he did with Bonaventura.

omgkitty

Guaranteed one of our academy players will be playing in a game they shouldn't be this year at CB because we didn't sign another defensive player.

EmiPrime

£16m for Welbeck is more than fair in this market.

He's not the finished article but he's a lot closer that Sanogo. I think he will do very well for us.

Wilbur

Banned
If Welbeck consistently plays up front for Arsenal he'll shine. How many would have said Sturridge was shit or wasn't going to reach his potential before he went to Liverpool?

I'm genuinely gutted. Probably my favourite United player.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Only downside of Welbeck leaving is that he went to arsenal. Rather he went somewhere else. Still, he can fuck around there instead and be a useless bastard.

Actually selling him to Arsenal, your rivals, is a GENIUS move! Not only did you give them a shite striker, but now Wenger is going to use 'we have too many strikers' line for at least three more windows

Kinda like what Mou did when he sold you Mata :lol

jtb

Banned
I don't get it. Are you betting on some hidden potential of his or something? He looked out of his depth literally everytime I've seen him play.

He's shit, the price is ludicrous for a striker who can't score, it's a bad transfer that does not improve us in any way and only clogs up the logjam of mediocre players even further.

I would much rather see Theo play 50 games up front than see Welbeck play 50 games up front.

If Welbeck consistently plays up front for Arsenal he'll shine. How many would have said Sturridge was shit or wasn't going to reach his potential before he went to Liverpool?

I love Danny but those 6 months Sturridge put in at Bolton, Welbeck is yet to do that.

Do think he'll be good for Arsenal though. Not happy were selling him but at least it's fair to him.

Abraxas

Actually selling him to Arsenal, your rivals, is a GENIUS move! Not only did you give them a shite striker, but now Wenger is going to use 'we have too many strikers' line for at least three more windows

Kinda like what Mou did when he sold you Mata :lol

That's it exactly yurt! Now next summer can go without a striker once again. We'll miss out on reus now.

dc89

Sometimes I read his tweets & posts and wonder if Bla is a real person.
@shortyme

:lol why do I find this so funny.

Mastadon

Banned

Sturridge demonstrated his talent prior to his move to us though. He scored 8 goals in 12 games at Bolton on loan and looked class. Welbeck hasn't shown anything close to that.

Top Bottom