• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Wilbur

Banned
I love Danny but those 6 months Sturridge put in at Bolton, Welbeck is yet to do that.

Do think he'll be good for Arsenal though. Not happy were selling him but at least it's fair to him.

That's true, I did forget about that. I just have a feeling that he's going to be brilliant if played up front. Can't blame him for wanting to leave, I'll always like him. Just sucks we're making all these signings and we've had to get rid of him and Kagawa, two of my favourites.

omgkitty

Well it's done

bbcsport_david: #AFC have agreement with #MUFC for permanent Welbeck signing. Fee in region of £16m, no issues expected with medical & terms #bbcdeadlineday

Go_Ly_Dow

SKY SPORTS SAYING NO DEAL HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN ARSENAL AND UNITED. REPORTS ARE PREMATURE,

SKY SPORTS SAYING NO DEAL HAS BEEN AGREED BETWEEN ARSENAL AND UNITED. REPORTS ARE PREMATURE,

Sturridge demonstrated his talent prior to his move to us though. He scored 8 goals in 12 games at Bolton on loan and looked class. Welbeck hasn't shown anything close to that.

He also went through a period of being very prolific for Chelsea too before falling out of favour when AVB left.

Danchi

CDM: Arteta, Flamini
CM: Ramsey, Wilshire
CAM: Ozil, Cazorla, Rosicky
RAM: Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain
LAM: Sanchez, Campbell
CF: Giroud, Welbeck, Sanogo

Would be happy with this. Arsene seems transfixed on using a central player on the left though. Gnabry to go out on loan, Diaby to be Diaby.

edit: Keep forgetting Podolski exists...

Empty

emotions aside, welbeck is a useful tactical weapon, as seen as his best performances coming in the champions league, and di maria aside the only forward we have with any pace. that said, 16 million is a lot for a utility man. even if selling to arsenal leaves a bad taste, especially if wenger manages to coax the best out of him.

kharma45

iPenjUJN2W2Fu.gif

iPenjUJN2W2Fu.gif

iPenjUJN2W2Fu.gif

iPenjUJN2W2Fu.gif

Arsenal fans dreamed of Falcao and got this.

Hahahahahahaha

leadbelly

Banned
As a striker not being able to finish is a slight problem...

Yes, which is why I pointed that out first, but Welbeck does offer other options to a team. Mainly good pace and strength.

I remember the Champions League match against Real Madrid for instance. He was the main player in that game that was a real threat for United. He has those matches sometimes where his pace and strength really does cause problems for the opposition.

Plasma

Banned

Ornstein has spoken, he's an Arsenal player.

Stubo

Serious question though...after complaining about how 3-5-2 is the only way to get all of the best players in the same system - how is it going to work with the addition of massive wages Falcao?

Is this the only way?

nLMiuHJ.png

Yes guys, it is once again United formation time!

Salvadora

We should just do a Real Madrid and have world class quality on the wings and a CF who facilitates them.

In a way, we're already on that path.

kharma45

Yes, which is why I pointed that out first, but Welbeck does offer other options to a team. Mainly good pace and strength.

I remember the Champions League match against Real Madrid for instance. He was the main player in that game that was a real threat for United. He has those matches sometimes where his pace and strength really does cause problems for the opposition.

He can threaten all he wants. Means fuck all when he can't score.

AC Milan News ‏@Milanello 7 sec

Bonaventura was shedding tears of joy when he signed the contract with Milan earlier this evening. @giacomobona

oh

lol

Happy for the guy. 4 out of his 14 Serie A goals were vs Inter, seems about right.

phaze

For an English international at a big club?

Nah, sounds around right if not a bit on the cheap side.

Plenty of other, better options this summer.

God I actually wish we signed Balo.

lol

Serious question though...after complaining about how 3-5-2 is the only way to get all of the best players in the same system - how is it going to work with the addition of massive wages Falcao?

Is this the only way?

nLMiuHJ.png

Yes guys, it is once again United formation time!

Never gonna happen.

Fletcher is vice captain ain't he? Also people cum in their pants over carrick. I honestly think he'll stick with 3-5-2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
wish we had welbeck :(

wish we had any fucking striker, holy incompetence >_<

Arnie

Arsenal need a centre back desperately.

Wonder who it'll be.

Considering how they resolved the striker situation I wouldn't be overly optimistic if I were an Arsenal fan.

Top Bottom