• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Zabojnik

Falcao: "Goals give the game meaning, they give value to football. I have always been passionate about goals. Obsessed."

Yeah, goals are only 15% of the game.

1402334280_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

EmiPrime

Welbeck? What the fuck Wenger? Might as well keep playing Sanogo. He isnt even good enough for Sunderland. Worst transfer window ever? Even with Sanchez we havent improved anywherw. 16m to man utd for their worst striker..? Fuckk.

Don't be so plastic.

Sanchez and Welbeck >>>>>>> Lord Bendtner and Park Chu Young

Zabojnik

For the first time in I don't know how long we haven't signed a shit player in the last hours of the mercato. That's an improvement. Although since the Motta to Empoli deal fell through ... Is it like we signed a shit player? I honestly don't know anymore.

Walshy

Isn't it that United want a permanent move, but Everton, typically want a loan as he's out of contract at the end of the season?

L1NETT

Cleverley getting absolute pelters from our fans

Whoever is to blame, whether he or his agent needs to FUCKING DO ONE

Fuming

Would have helped our club so much

valeo

Don't be so plastic.

Would genuinely take Bendtner over Welbeck.

Sorry, but this transfer has again made us look like also rans. Ive understood our thriftyness until now, but this season was supposed to be different.

Italian market is officially closed.

I give Galliani an 8/10 for his work this summer. We got rid of a lot of deadweight (even though we couldn't get rid of it all), and brought in A LOT of players for a small amount of money. The goalkeeper, defense, and midfield are all much improved over last season IMO.

Considering Galliani clearly was given a transfer budget of 0 I think he did a lot of good work to improve the team. Still wish we got a RW like Cerci, but oh well. Glad we didn't overspend on someone like him either. We have Lestienne on loan at Genoa at least.

Lightning

Banned
Don't be so plastic.

Some of our fans are embarrassing themselves here. Welbeck is a solid signing.

Would genuinely take Bendtner over Welbeck.

Sorry, but this transfer has again made us look like also rans. Ive understood our thriftyness until now, but this season was supposed to be different.
lol. So much stupid in one post.

Welbeck? What the fuck Wenger? Might as well keep playing Sanogo. He isnt even good enough for Sunderland. Worst transfer window ever? Even with Sanchez we havent improved anywherw. 16m to man utd for their worst striker..? Fuckk.

Welbeck is much better than Sir no goals.

valeo

TGSTEL.

In a world where Remy is avaliable for 10.5m, Bony for around 20m; we help out our mates Man Utd ( who we gave a cut price RvP to so they could win the league ) by shifting their worst striker off the books for 16m. Sorry, even if Welbeck turns out to be almost as good as Giroud (can't see his ceiling being higher than that) I dont see why any Arsenal fan would be happy with that.

WJD

CM options for this season then:

Di Maria
Herrera
Blind
Carrick
Fellaini
Cleverley
Anderson

Good incomings but disappointing not to get rid of some of the dregs.

Yen

Around half were from penalties and free-kicks. They were talking on Football Weekly that his drop in form coincided with some personal problems, though.
I reckon he'll have a better record (from open play at least) at a strong Liverpool side rather than a poor AC side.

Carbonox

Ronaldo fuming about Real Madrid's shit transfer window. Shocking business by that club.

Falcao looks confused, as if he was kidnapped and just woken up on the bike with Woodward sitting opposite him with a notepad and his dick in the other hand.

Elchele

It was a good transfer market for Bayern after all. For Dortmund too
Wolfsburg are the only ones who fucked it up with Bendtner. Should have signed Eto'o's corpse or Welbeck

Some of our fans are embarrassing themselves here. Welbeck is a solid signing.

They have been doing that all night.....

Is Welbeck really a solid signing? Or just seeing a silver lining here around a cloud of shit?

Ask yourself this, is he the signing you as a fan wanted or the player Arsenal needed?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
For the first time in I don't know how long we haven't signed a shit player in the last hours of the mercato. That's an improvement. Although since the Motta to Empoli deal fell through ... Is it like we signed a shit player? I honestly don't know anymore.

Well when you put it that way, yes, I suppose he IS our new annual shit signing :(

Tbf we did try to bring Borriellol again

Wilbur

Banned
---------------------De Gea
-------------Jones-Evans-Rojo
------Di Maria-Blind-Herrera-Shaw
---------------------Rooney
---------------Falcao-van Persie

Think this'll be our usual line up, with Mata coming in if RVP is injured and Rooney going up top. Certainly looks better than Blackett, Fletcher, Cleverley, Young, Valencia...

Top Bottom