• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Carbonox

Why does everyone have a sudden hard-on for this guy? I never heard of him until like 2 months ago when a bunch of people I know started referencing shit he says on social media.

Is it cos he's a #RichLad who gets all the #poon and has a #TonkBeard? I must know.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Does a loan deal for a PL club have to be completed by 11pm?

Sky are talking like it does, either way im sure Woodward wants to make a point, its probably already done, he just wants to rule the headlines at 11 and make a splash.

He is learning.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Why does everyone have a sudden hard-on for this guy? I never heard of him until like 2 months ago when a bunch of people I know started referencing shit he says on social media.

I can't stand him, but someone RTed it on my timeline.

Oh Danny. :( It'll be good for him though. Not looking forward to seeing him in an Arsenal kit.

Cleverley is a fucking cunt. Thinks he's better than he is. Hope Gaal kicks him in the bollocks.

Walshy

---------------------De Gea
-------------Jones-Evans-Rojo
------Di Maria-Blind-Herrera-Shaw
---------------------Rooney
---------------Falcao-van Persie

Think this'll be our usual line up, with Mata coming in if RVP is injured and Rooney going up top. Certainly looks better than Blackett, Fletcher, Cleverley, Young, Valencia...
Di Maria as a wingback is fucking mental.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Have we signed.. two.. strikers.. one of them for ACTUAL MONEY and the other is someone I've actually heard of?

Amazing.

jtb

Banned
Bendtner actually strikes me as a good comparison for Welbeck. They both can't finish. They're both "ruined" by playing out on the wing but if only they were given a chance through the middle! even have similar strike rates through their comparable ages, Bendtner's might even be better. Obviously best case scenario is you get a poor man's Sturridge, but I just don't see it.

I believe in Sanogo and, more imporantly, Theo.

16m on Welbeck when you could be spending it on a DM or a CB or even another attacking player that's actually good? that's a terrible allocation of funds.

Bold One

5404bb00bd1c4.png

Clegg

Think this'll be our usual line up, with Mata coming in if RVP is injured and Rooney going up top. Certainly looks better than Blackett, Fletcher, Cleverley, Young, Valencia...
We're not playing Di Maria as a wing back.

GTIYH

Lightning

Banned
They have been doing that all night.....

Is Welbeck really a solid signing? Or just seeing a silver lining here around a cloud of shit?

Ask yourself this, is he the signing you as a fan wanted or the player Arsenal needed?
As a fan we always expect utopia (Cavani) but as a realist we can't get them players yet. Falcao's wages are WAYYYYY out of Arsenal/Liverpool's range. The fact that certain Arsenal fans refuse to see this makes them dumb.

Manduzkic (Dunno how to spell this dudes name) is the player we should have ideally got but it wasn't to be.

Bendtner actually strikes me as a good comparison for Welbeck. They both can't finish. They're both "ruined" by playing out on the wing but if only they were given a chance through the middle! even have similar strike rates through their comparable ages, Bendtner's might even be better. Obviously best case scenario is you get a poor man's Sturridge, but I just don't see it.

I believe in Sanogo and, more imporantly, Theo.

16m on Welbeck when you could be spending it on a DM or a CB. that's a terrible allocation of funds.
Bendtner's off the field SHIT is off the charts. Bendtner's ego and off field bullocks ruined anything he had. Comparing the 2 players is absurd.

phaze

Would genuinely take Bendtner over Welbeck.

Sorry, but this transfer has again made us look like also rans. Ive understood our thriftyness until now, but this season was supposed to be different.

now, now let's not go that far.

lol spray in action.

Frillen

You're going to concede tons of goals with that line-up.

We're not playing Di Maria as a wing back.

GTIYH

Where else do you play him in a 352? A 433 is ideal with a Herrera-Blind-Di Maria midfield, but we have to wait and see if LVG will change it. I think he will, but it's fair for people to positively think we'll stick with it.

Arnie

On paper.

But nobody knows how good Blind is in that position in this league. Considering that Herrera is undoubtably the more talented of the two and still struggled it's surely a concern.

Di Maria at wingback is jokes. RVP needs an operation. Mata and Rooney are ghosts. Evans and Jones are a nightmare pairing.

Rojo is Rojo.

Shaw is fat.

De Gea is leaving.

As a fan we always expect utopia (Cavani) but as a realist we can't get them players yet. Falcao's wages are WAYYYYY out of Arsenal/Liverpool's range. The fact that certain Arsenal fans refuse to see this makes them dumb.

Manduzkic (Dunno how to spell this dudes name) is the player we should have ideally got but it wasn't to be.

Fair comeback to be honest

I have a feeling that Welbeck will thrive under the loving touch(es) of Arsene.

Falcao will score 5 against West Ham then injure himself in the showers after the game.

Wilbur

Banned
You're going to concede tons of goals with that line-up.

Yep.

On paper.

But nobody knows how good Blind is in that position in this league. Considering that Herrera is undoubtably the more talented of the two and still struggled it's surely a concern.

Di Maria at wingback is jokes. RVP needs an operation. Mata and Rooney are ghosts. Evans and Jones are a nightmare pairing.

Rojo is Rojo.

Shaw is fat.

De Gea is leaving.

Herrera's played one game and got injured, hard to say he's 'struggled'. Not really definitive enough evidence yet is there?

Di Maria is the best choice at wing back in our entire team if we want to play with them. Agreed on RVP, Mata and Rooney, probably Jones and Evans too.

Let's stop pretending we know anything about Rojo outside of the World Cup, where he played well.

Shaw put up a picture of his abs recently and they were sublime.

De Gea is staying until the end of time.

Cheers m8.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Kharma did you use a voice changer and are calling 5 live? Caller chuffed Welbz is sold.

Biggest news of the transfer window is just breaking, we might sign a striker and a defender before the deadline. Be scared League 1!

Also, wasn't Kranjcar at QPR last season too?

Wilbur

Banned
but he is wasted there

he is world class through the middle

When Real Madrid signed Bale, and the plan was to move ADM back, I'm sure there were a few people saying "but he is wasted there, he is world class on the wing"

We haven't seen him play there yet. We haven't seen that team play yet.

And now I am going to stop talking about Manchester United.

Top Bottom