• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Linius

Oh gawd, I just read that De Boer said that Siggy is the right man for us at the moment and we'll probably won't get another striker.

QPR pls, you had one job

Hodgson didn't give a shit about Chambers at Southampton. Now that he's in an Arsenal shirt, he gets picked. And what about Clyne?? Where is he?

Good for Colback but what utter tripe.

Exactly my thought. If he plays for one of the 'big 4' he must be good enough for England.

Roy Hodgson is atrocious.

Barzul

You think we'll end up with him, but do you know anything about him? I've never seen him.

I don't watch Serie A so I know nothing about him. My post was basically on why I think we'll be moving for him. Re Sanchez, if Aguero could make it as a Premier League striker, he probably can too. Just needs to adjust his game a little I think. His trickery will compensate for his lack of height.

It's a little sad Lyon or Marseilles aren't in the group stages, if PSG actually win the Champions League at some point they could maybe manage to claw back some European places for the league so the Ligue 1 has more exposure and cash income.
They'll be back in time, especially Marseille. The whole league is at a kind of rebuilding phase now but there are promising signs; St. Etienne are exciting and look good, Bordeaux have started the season well, and Marseille has arguably the most interesting manager in world football. You're right about the lack of exposure and need for more income but I believe that will come once clubs try to replicate Lyon's past success and run themselves more like a business than just a football club.

Ive no doubt we will try, but we have lost every bargaining trick by leaving it this late now, club can swallow 60m for a world class Di Maria, not sure we will swallow overpaying for our 2nd and 3rd choice targets.

The leaving of players today gives me a little hope, in that midfielders are leaving and we are short, so there must be confidence, i just wish there wasnt 4 days left, its too close for comfort.

Clev, for all his hounding, is a CM, letting him go without bringing someone else in with our numbers is not good business.

He'll probably promote Pereira or something. I don't know.

jesalr

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 2m
As part of the HT entertainment, our mascot Chirpy will do the #ALSIceBucketChallenge after being nominated by Gunnersaurus (crowd boo)!

Fucking Gunersaurus

Go_Ly_Dow

My favourite season of the last 10 years or so. Ronaldo's best year too. A great time to be alive.

I remember the opening day 5-1 drubbing against Fulham at Old Trafford. Ronaldo and Rooney coming to life and uniting after the World Cup mess with the, stamp, wink and sending off.

Sir Alex's man management was sublime.

The shark's been cleared.

BwJnFa9IUAA6g8u.jpg

Meier

TmMPSj7.png

Sat 13 September 2014 12:45 BST A Arsenal Barclays Premier League
Wed 17 September 2014 19:45 BST A Bayern Munich UEFA Champions League
Sun 21 September 2014 16:00 BST H Chelsea Barclays Premier League

nt5j5sS.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Onto this Carvalho business, im torn, Redcafe love him, think he is a beast and would do great in the PL and I read the thread here and people were saying it was terrible business, hes too slow etc. Watched a few youtube videos, id say he is more imposing than any CDM/CM we have had since Keane, a real specimen. £24m though D:.

TmMPSj7.png

Sat 13 September 2014 12:45 BST A Arsenal Barclays Premier League
Wed 17 September 2014 19:45 BST A Bayern Munich UEFA Champions League
Sun 21 September 2014 16:00 BST H Chelsea Barclays Premier League

nt5j5sS.png

Ooooohhh.....

The arsenal crumble is coming pre-January this year. Global warming.

Edit: what a twat I am....It's city ain't it

Splatt

Onto this Carvalho business, im torn, Redcafe love him, think he is a beast and would do great in the PL and I read the thread here and people were saying it was terrible business, hes too slow etc. Watched a few youtube videos, id say he is more imposing than any CDM/CM we have had since Keane, a real specimen. £24m though D:.

It's not like United didn't close a couple of record breaking sponsor deals and have no money...

Paying £24m to solve your midfield woes is a good piece of business.

Too bad Willy is shit.

Abraxas

Arse-GAF, what about:

Rabiot as a CM/DM
New Striker/Goalscoring winger
and
Carvalho as DM BUT also 4th choice CB a la Sagna

Jarnet87

He's exactly what we need, we haven't had a DM in the longest. Which is why it has no chance of happening. Sporting have begged teams to come and scoop him yet no one has.

rodvik

Tottenham Hotspur ‏@SpursOfficial 2m
As part of the HT entertainment, our mascot Chirpy will do the #ALSIceBucketChallenge after being nominated by Gunnersaurus (crowd boo)!

Fucking Gunersaurus

Not much to like about Arsenal, but Gunnersaurus is a fucking legend.

gunnersaurus2.png

Top Bottom