• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Spurs are going to run all over us.

image.php

Salvadora

Stolen from elsewhere:
2014 - Maribor, Sporting, Schalke
2013 - Schalke, Basel, Steaua
2012 - Nordsjælland, Shakhtar Donetsk, Juventus
2011 - Genk, Leverkusen, Valencia
2010 - Spartak Moskva, Žilina, Marseille
2009 - APOEL, Porto, Atletico
2008 - CFR Cluj, Bordeaux, Roma
2007 - Valencia, Rosenborg, Schalke
The Chelsea group opponents from 2007-14.

This is an oil club conspiracy if ever I saw one.

Yen

Viva, I reckon I'll try the Gov FastStream when I'm done uni. I'm fecking terrified about job prospects when I graduate but hey, maybe I can fluke a maths test ;)

BwJpy1SCQAAum1c.jpg

Robinson could become a decent player. I expect he'll be capped twice by England and be an unused squad member in an England tournament squad.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Viva, I reckon I'll try the Gov FastStream when I'm done uni. I'm fecking terrified about job prospects when I graduate but hey, maybe I can fluke a maths test ;)

BwJpy1SCQAAum1c.jpg

Robinson could become a decent player. I expect he'll be capped twice by England and be an unused squad member in an England tournament squad.
You should probably try as many schemes as possible. I've been through Civ Service fast stream - it's not bad. But they're all long processes with a few interviews and any of them can just go good/bad on the day.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BwJpy1SCQAAum1c.jpg[/IMG
Robinson could become a decent player. I expect he'll be capped twice by England and be an unused squad member in an England tournament squad.[/QUOTE]

Terrified generally or for yourself? Just get that 2.1 and you're golden. Things are picking up, will hopefully be alot more on when you graduate. You've got another 2 years left right?

FS has been good. Enjoying it so far, even roles I didn't think I would. Get to start at the V&A on Monday so pretty excited for that!

BwJpy1SCQAAum1c.jpg

Oh for fuck sake.

Genuinely more annoyed about Liverpool selling Robinson than Suarez.

Stupid decision.

L1NETT

Terrified generally or for yourself? Just get that 2.1 and you're golden. Things are picking up, will hopefully be alot more on when you graduate. You've got another 2 years left right?

FS has been good. Enjoying it so far, even roles I didn't think I would. Get to start at the V&A on Monday so pretty excited for that!

Yeah concentrating on my degree and getting work experience before majorly worrying about job prospects

Still gonna worry though :p

Oh for fuck sake.

Stupid decision.

wut

Elaborate?

Gone on loan to Hudders in addition to signing for QPR the poor bastard

K1LLER7

Think what I applied for is linked with your job/the stream too lol

This years FS opens 1st September.

Yeah concentrating on my degree and getting work experience before majorly worrying about job prospects

Still gonna worry though :p

Better to worry m8. You'll be somewhat prepared and at least it'll be in your thinking.

I'm dead lucky I didn't have to wait around for yonks, literally didn't think about jobs at all whilst at Uni.

Linius

I just found out Lyon didn't qualify for the EL.

what

Also happy for our Belgian friends that Lokeren qualified. Nice little town, in the EL!

Yen

Matthew Stanger @MatthewStanger
Carlisle: "There are white rhinos around the world who'd love to be goalkeepers, they're such a protected species." Matterface: *silence*

Just generally I guess. Often being told non-STEM degrees are worthless can grate too.

Clydefrog

Liverpool - Spurs is going to be great. I'd be happy with a tie though. You know Pool is gonna be hungry for dem points.

Chirpy did the ice bucket challenge? Who did he challenge?

Arnie

Oh for fuck sake.

Stupid decision.

Why?

Robinson was never making it at Liverpool and we've just signed our first choice left back for the next few years, with Flanagan in support.

Suarez was the third best player in the world and irreplaceable.

I feel like you've lost your sense of perspective.

wut

Elaborate?

Gone on loan to Hudders in addition to signing for QPR the poor bastard

Robinson has looked fucking brilliant for his age and he's only going to get better. Could have been our long term LB in future. He's also patiently waited to get his chance. Also I bet we sold him for literally fuck all.
Meanwhile Joe Allen and Glen Johnson continue to steal a wage.

Suarez is a great player but an absolute rat cunt. Dragged our name through the dirt a lot of times and hinted at leaving us just about every transfer window. Plus we got 75mil and strengthened our entire squad.

Meier

Shame to see Hull get knocked out, but it shows how overhyped the Prem is.

Hull finished -16th- in the Premier League last season. Think they've only had three top flight years in their history and finished 17th and 19th the other two times, lol. The league may or may not be overhyped, but Hull isn't representative of the quality of the league as a whole.

L1NETT

Shame to see Hull get knocked out, but it shows how overhyped the Prem is.

Yeah really shows them how a team which nearly got relegated were competing in Europe

Rubbish

How much have they spent since they got promoted?

Relatively?

Fuck all

Jelavic was a few bob but nowt compared to what top half teams are spending and the huge turnover of players they have

Arnie

Robinson has looked fucking brilliant for his age and he's only going to get better. Could have been our long term LB in future. He's also patiently waited to get his chance. Also I bet we sold him for literally fuck all.
Meanwhile Joe Allen and Glen Johnson continue to steal a wage.

Suarez is a great player but an absolute rat cunt. Dragged our name through the dirt a lot of times and hinted at leaving us just about every transfer window. Plus we got 75mil and strengthened our entire squad.

Robinson looking 'fucking brilliant' is an absolute myth perpetuated by Football Manager and a couple of seasons for the ressies. We've just bought a 22 year old left back who's been capped for the senior Spanish national side and very much looks like our long term future in the position.

Lumping Joe Allen with Glen Johnson is appalling. Every time Joe Allen gets a game he performs well and does what is asked of him; against City he was one of our best players. Glen Johnson sleep walks through matches.

And despite being controversial Suarez brought so much good to the club, much more than any of the above names. And strengthening your squad doesn't prevent your first 11 getting weaker, so enjoy the Champions League this season (I will), it's not a foregone conclusion that we'll be there in 12 months.

Hixx

@FutbolSergi 34m
Toby Alderweireld move to Sunderland nearing completion. Great player, club way below his weights. Deserves move to bigger side.

WHEEZE THIS CHEB? What a cunt.

Also it would be pretty good if we signed Alderweireld, Di Marzio reporting it as well.

LAM09

Hull finished -16th- in the Premier League last season. Think they've only had three top flight years in their history and finished 17th and 19th the other two times, lol. The league may or may not be overhyped, but Hull isn't representative of the quality of the league as a whole.

I ain't saying Hull are a direct representative of the Prem on the whole, but other leagues are looked down at. Regardless of where they finished last season, they have spent quite a bit of money, and should have won the FA Cup last season.

3Sixty

@FutbolSergi 34m
Toby Alderweireld move to Sunderland nearing completion. Great player, club way below his weights. Deserves move to bigger side.

WHEEZE THIS CHEB? What a cunt.

Also it would be pretty good if we signed Alderweireld, Di Marzio reporting it as well.

Oh no :(

L1NETT

I ain't saying Hull are a direct representative of the Prem on the whole, but other leagues are looked down at. Regardless of where they finished last season, they have spent quite a bit of money, and should have won the FA Cup last season.

Where are you dreaming this up from

And how is pretty small English club having a great cup run a sign of the prem "being overhyped"

LAM09

Yeah really shows them how a team which nearly got relegated were competing in Europe

Rubbish

Relatively?

Fuck all

Jelavic was a few bob but nowt compared to what top half teams are spending and the huge turnover of players they have

I am comparing them to Lokeren.

sohois

Robinson looking 'fucking brilliant' is an absolute myth perpetuated by Football Manager and a couple of seasons for the ressies. We've just bought a 22 year old left back who's been capped for the senior Spanish national side and very much looks like our long term future in the position.

Lumping Joe Allen with Glen Johnson is appalling. Every time Joe Allen gets a game he performs well and does what is asked of him; against City he was one of our best players. Glen Johnson sleep walks through matches.

And despite being controversial Suarez brought so much good to the club, much more than any of the above names. And strengthening your squad doesn't prevent your first 11 getting weaker, so enjoy the Champions League this season (I will), it's not a foregone conclusion that we'll be there in 12 months.

To say that Robinson was not an exceptional young talent is completely false, he was perhaps the best youngster the club had for a period, Sterling included.

However since his short run under Dalglish he never really got the right treatment and just stagnated. I still think he will end up as a better player than Flanagan.

Top Bottom