• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Carbonox

Im good now, I was losing hella weight when I started because I just didnt know what I was eating, lost a stone over a month, when I finally logged my intake I was eating around 1200-1400 calories a day, now Im eating more Im gaining weight again, I hope its muscle, I need to start lifting properly and am thinking of hiring a personal trainer at the gym.

Im in this for the long haul, feel so much better and my bmi is reallly good, just want to get some good muscles in.

pls no.

Would be a colossal waste of money. You can accomplish goals you set for yourself all on your own. A personal trainer doesn't do a single thing you can't when it comes to losing/gaining weight.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
You guys must know that we all thought Mr. Cola sat in a wheelchair for at least the first half year we played fifa with him.

We realized he's just old though.

I miss clubs more than anything in the world :3 my laptop cant run fifa 15, got 20 days to buy a new one though its going to be a desktop.

I should really get around to ordering the parts D:

Niven

Its genuinely not as hard as it sounds, well i suppose it could be, but the process is simple, my tenets are

*Drink only water
*Run everywhere
*Do 30m of exercise min ever day (Upped to an hour now after some time) with rest days either Saturday or Sunday depending on how Im feeling.
*With nutrition its just a matter of habit, making sure you eat at the same times each day, I have 4 meals now, up from 3 and I know I need 2600 calories to gain weight, which honestly isnt as much as you would think, I used to think it was loads but things like peanut butter add huge amounts for very little.
*Measure everything and log it, I have an excel spreadsheet of all the things I like, now its easy I just use the measuring dongle and make sure I know what 100g/50g are and you can just supplement up to reach goals.

Okay this sound interesting so I'm going to try it see how it works for me, how's the progress been for you?

WJD

Just got offered that job in Oxford I interviewed for

Working in the planning and creative departments of a marketing firm

Have to move down there

P good starting salary, but not sure if good enough for Oxfordshire

happy, scared, excited

Blablurn

Have to move down there

happy, scared, excited

congratz bro. i havent started yet with the job search. im lazy. i dont know. too much pressure.

L1NETT

Saw that earlier, awesome thread. Will deffo try some out and tell folk if they are any good

Have to move down there

happy, scared, excited

Congrats m8

Don't have to live in Oxford though, could commute in from Banbury/Didcot/Charlbury etc

TeegsD

I'm still in shock. We let Welbeck go to Arsenal, which I'm OK with, and then end up signing Falcao. Is this real life?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Okay this sound interesting so I'm going to try it see how it works for me, how's the progress been for you?

Entirely depends on what you define as progress? I started and I couldnt run 2 minutes, now i can run 4-5 miles comfortably, so from a cardio point of view I feel good, I dont do caffeine or candy, drink, smoke any of that stuff, i take drugs but they are prescription.

People say I look better, though one person commented I had a big nose, i had no counter to that really.

Once I get into lifting big time I will start to appreciate it more I think, I wanted to get nutrition 100% and reliable before I started so I just didnt hav eto worry about it, need to find a replacement for the protein shakes I had and maybe some protein bars.

Tc91

Have to move down there

happy, scared, excited

Congrats pal.

WJD

Cheers bbs

Congrats m8

Don't have to live in Oxford though, could commute in from Banbury/Didcot/Charlbury etc

Yeah for some reason I keep saying Oxford but the actual firm is in South Oxfordshire so I guess I'll just look for a town near there.

Why are you still without avatar?

67545484.jpg

Niven

Entirely depends on what you define as progress? I started and I couldnt run 2 minutes, now i can run 4-5 miles comfortably, so from a cardio point of view I feel good, I dont do caffeine or candy, drink, smoke any of that stuff, i take drugs but they are prescription.

People say I look better, though one person commented I had a big nose, i had no counter to that really.

Once I get into lifting big time I will start to appreciate it more I think, I wanted to get nutrition 100% and reliable before I started so I just didnt hav eto worry about it, need to find a replacement for the protein shakes I had and maybe some protein bars.

My biggest problem is nutrition I do some fittest activities now and I play badminton around four times a week but I have no routine with anything I do like I run when I feel like it and eat at all different times of the day and the amount of takeaway I go though is crazy but that's more to do with the fact I live with people who always want takeaway and I'm weak like that but I'm really going to give this ago! And when you say water does that include like robinsons as well or just water?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Fucking jealousy.

You alpha now brah

Its genuinely not as hard as it sounds, well i suppose it could be, but the process is simple, my tenets are

*Drink only water
*Run everywhere
*Do 30m of exercise min ever day (Upped to an hour now after some time) with rest days either Saturday or Sunday depending on how Im feeling.
*With nutrition its just a matter of habit, making sure you eat at the same times each day, I have 4 meals now, up from 3 and I know I need 2600 calories to gain weight, which honestly isnt as much as you would think, I used to think it was loads but things like peanut butter add huge amounts for very little.
*Measure everything and log it, I have an excel spreadsheet of all the things I like, now its easy I just use the measuring dongle and make sure I know what 100g/50g are and you can just supplement up to reach goals.

Good tenets. Use MyFitnessPal to log foods and exercise

Mr Cola

My biggest problem is nutrition I do some fittest activities now and I play badminton around four times a week but I have no routine with anything I do like I run when I feel like it and eat at all different times of the day and the amount of takeaway I go though is crazy but that's more to do with the fact I live with people who always want takeaway and I'm weak like that but I'm really going to give this ago! And when you say water does that include like robinsons as well or just water?

First to point out, im not a fitness guru, I know precious little this is literally what worked for me because it allowed me to be as slow as possible. The water thing I have to do because of Kidney issues, its where it started really, I had problems and needed to drink 2l minimum a day, so I gave up soda and all that jazz and after a period of time, Water became all I need, its nice, tasty and I love it. No-one is ever going to say drinking water isnt good, it is, it hydrates well, no funny stuff, in an ideal world everyone would drink it and need nothing else but you have to decide what works for you.

From drinking only water I thought, well next ill cut out candy, so I said id eat one a day, then eventually half a day and now none a day, ive been doing the fitness side for around 3 months now but the nutritional side has been along time coming.

My next step was, what fitness can I do that is outside and wont bore me, so I started playing football in the local park, alone, in the compound that means I can shoot in goals and it rebounds. So I started doing this first thing in the morning, put a podcast on and it killed a half hour, really fun, all at my own pace. There was a shop nearbye so I thought, ok why not make this the start to my day, make fruit my breakfast and do the football. So I did this and have kept it up. Everything was organic, once one thing had become regular I just added something else.

Then you get to a point where you are doing alot of good stuff but you realise your diet is holding you back, so I decided to log everything and found out not only what I was eating was bad, I was eating nothing, so first step was making sure I ate 3 times a day, and tried to eat 100 cals more than I was, then after a week 100 cals more than that till my body got used to regular meals and it was never overloaded. So today I eat 2600 calories a day and exercise alot and am comfortable with my routine.

Exercise is basically just what you like doing, so I play football ,run, swim, each activity can take an hour or half hour depending on how I feel.

The key I found is to literally take it as slow as possible while making sure you are working on something, its a bit like breathing and walking, two activities you do without thinking, because you have always done them, so make a small change regular ad you wont have to think about doing it, then move up to something else.

Arnie

Well in Will.

No worries if it infringes on Work Experience, we have people drop in and out all the time. If you would rather spend your final weeks of freedom masturbating and eating pot noodles that's fine by me. Just let me know and I'll sort.

The most important thing is you're employed. Once you're on the ladder you won't leave, baby. And you don't have to live at home.

Considering the rest of United's midfield options I don't know why loaning Cleverley is such a success.

Top Bottom