• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

You should check out IronGAF.

There are some really great recipies in there.

Congrats WJD.

I have posted pictures there!

IIoc1M3.jpg

WJD

Cheers again everyone!

Well in Will.

No worries if it infringes on Work Experience, we have people drop in and out all the time. If you would rather spend your final weeks of freedom masturbating and eating pot noodles that's fine by me. Just let me know and I'll sort.

The most important thing is you're employed. Once you're on the ladder you won't leave, baby. And you don't have to live at home.

Considering the rest of United's midfield options I don't know why loaning Cleverley is such a success.

Yeah, it starts right in the middle of when I was meant to be with you so was gonna pop you an email over to say I can't be there anymore!

It's bloody exciting, just a shame I have to hold off on living in the big city for a while. Then again, Oxfordshire is a lovely place from the little I've seen of it.

Niven

First to point out, im not a fitness guru, I know precious little this is literally what worked for me because it allowed me to be as slow as possible. The water thing I have to do because of Kidney issues, its where it started really, I had problems and needed to drink 2l minimum a day, so I gave up soda and all that jazz and after a period of time, Water became all I need, its nice, tasty and I love it. No-one is ever going to say drinking water isnt good, it is, it hydrates well, no funny stuff, in an ideal world everyone would drink it and need nothing else but you have to decide what works for you.

From drinking only water I thought, well next ill cut out candy, so I said id eat one a day, then eventually half a day and now none a day, ive been doing the fitness side for around 3 months now but the nutritional side has been along time coming.

My next step was, what fitness can I do that is outside and wont bore me, so I started playing football in the local park, alone, in the compound that means I can shoot in goals and it rebounds. So I started doing this first thing in the morning, put a podcast on and it killed a half hour, really fun, all at my own pace. There was a shop nearbye so I thought, ok why not make this the start to my day, make fruit my breakfast and do the football. So I did this and have kept it up. Everything was organic, once one thing had become regular I just added something else.

Then you get to a point where you are doing alot of good stuff but you realise your diet is holding you back, so I decided to log everything and found out not only what I was eating was bad, I was eating nothing, so first step was making sure I ate 3 times a day, and tried to eat 100 cals more than I was, then after a week 100 cals more than that till my body got used to regular meals and it was never overloaded. So today I eat 2600 calories a day and exercise alot and am comfortable with my routine.

Exercise is basically just what you like doing, so I play football ,run, swim, each activity can take an hour or half hour depending on how I feel.

The key I found is to literally take it as slow as possible while making sure you are working on something, its a bit like breathing and walking, two activities you do without thinking, because you have always done them, so make a small change regular ad you wont have to think about doing it, then move up to something else.

Thanks man it seems like you are doing well so good on you and keep going hopefully I can sort myself out like this and see some progress in myself but again thanks for explaining it to me

Jarnet87

lol Villa won't pay that when he will be available for free in another 4 months. Cleverly will ask for another loan though as Strootman will just push him further down the pecking order. He won't even make the subs lineup in the 2nd half of the season.

LegoArmo

I wonder if he is pissed that the club is now able/willing to spend so much and he seemingly always had an annual limit.

I think it was always about principle with Ferguson. He was never happy paying big fees to agents and massive wages to new signings.

“I watched the manager’s Holland team in the World Cup and from that I think I’m going to be his type of player.”

“I watched the manager’s Holland team in the World Cup and from that I think I’m going to be his type of player.”

Cleverley.jpg

Salvadora

Billy Big Bollocks, the majority Wenger's criticisms stem from clubs spending outside their financial means.

If you look at how we've done business this summer, i.e Welbeck, Chambers, Alexis, Ospina you see a trend. Young players who can develop at Arsenal for reasonable fees. Much like Liverpool. As he said this summer iirc, "I am a firm believer that if you have a 100, you spend 100."

It isn't kamikaze spending coming from Russian oligarch gangsters and human rights abusing Middle Eastern sheikhs.

Jarnet87

I think it was always about principle with Ferguson. He was never happy paying big fees to agents and massive wages to new signings.

Yep. He didn't seem to complain when he broke the bank for Rio or spent stupid money for Berbatov. the rise of the mega agent stopped us from getting a lot of great players in the latter years.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Squawka Football @Squawka
Tom Cleverley created fewer chances for Man Utd in the Premier League last season (10) than Chris Smalling (11).

HAHAHAHA

DBT85

I wonder if he is pissed that the club is now able/willing to spend so much and he seemingly always had an annual limit.

I think much of that was down to him refusing to pay so much for certain players. But clearly the club have more money to spend now than they did 2 years ago, the new deals are raking it in along with the new TV money.

Even with the Ronaldo money can anyone actually imagine Frog spending £60m on one player?

^LOL

I can't believe we got beaten by a midfield of Anderson and Cleverly...the mind boggles.

You didn't get beaten. you got annihilated.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I have a bad feeling someone is getting injured this international break, are Di Maria and Falcao going away?

Pls come back if so :(

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I remember being told that LvG didn't like South Americans and that any in our squad would be sold.

I also remember people ardently saying he doesnt do big signings, that he will promote the youth.

Either our youth is un-salvageable or he has changed his tone

Cleverley's gone in a season long loan. I can't see why Villa would pay anything for him when they can get for a free later on and just keep him on loan. Sorry L1NETT.

Top Bottom