• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

kharma45

What kind of job makes you take a test?

Most graduate jobs in the UK do.

Even non-graduate ones will now.

Viva, I reckon I'll try the Gov FastStream when I'm done uni. I'm fecking terrified about job prospects when I graduate but hey, maybe I can fluke a maths test ;)

BwJpy1SCQAAum1c.jpg

Robinson could become a decent player. I expect he'll be capped twice by England and be an unused squad member in an England tournament squad.

Are you looking at the Northern Ireland stream?

Robinson looking 'fucking brilliant' is an absolute myth perpetuated by Football Manager and a couple of seasons for the ressies. We've just bought a 22 year old left back who's been capped for the senior Spanish national side and very much looks like our long term future in the position.

Lumping Joe Allen with Glen Johnson is appalling. Every time Joe Allen gets a game he performs well and does what is asked of him; against City he was one of our best players. Glen Johnson sleep walks through matches.

And despite being controversial Suarez brought so much good to the club, much more than any of the above names. And strengthening your squad doesn't prevent your first 11 getting weaker, so enjoy the Champions League this season (I will), it's not a foregone conclusion that we'll be there in 12 months.

Got me on the FM thing. Had a soft spot for Robbo since then lol. I hadnt really heard of Moreno so not sure.

Joe Allen I really can't get behind. I don't get what his point is. He can literally pass it consistently. Can't really tackle well, sure as hell can't finish, isn't particularly physical. He just seems average to me.

I am probably the only Liverpool fan who is glad we sold Suarez but I'd rather have players with discipline. That being said I do like Balotelli so maybe I'm chatting shit m8

Meier

I ain't saying Hull are a direct representative of the Prem on the whole, but other leagues are looked down at. Regardless of where they finished last season, they have spent quite a bit of money, and should have won the FA Cup last season.

They've bought mostly middle-tier players and a handful of youngsters. The difference being that a middle tier player costs more if you buy from another English club. The money spent is pretty relative. A team in another country may spend 2m and get the kind of player that an English team would only sell for 3x that.

TeddyBoy

176jK74l.jpg

I met Raheem Sterling and Jordan Ibe last week on Monday! They were both sound guys who let me take a picture with them, I was so nervous I never even mentioned I supported Liverpool xD

One of my best memories as a Liverpool fan :)

Showaddy

Bit late but did that commentator really say that Spurs can do well this season if they add some genuine quality like Danny Welbeck?

LAM09

Where are you dreaming this up from

And how is pretty small English club having a great cup run a sign of the prem "being overhyped"

I am talking in general. Basel beat Tottenham recently, Bilbao taught Utd a lesson not so long ago, and Ajax beat City.

I ain't basing my opinion in relation to tonight's result alone.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who the fuck are these guys who knocked out Lyon? Seems like a long time since they were Real's bogey side.

Batongen

Banned
@FutbolSergi 34m
Toby Alderweireld move to Sunderland nearing completion. Great player, club way below his weights. Deserves move to bigger side.

WHEEZE THIS CHEB? What a cunt.

Also it would be pretty good if we signed Alderweireld, Di Marzio reporting it as well.

With great signings and fame comes bandwagon fans, Hixx. I have a french colleague at work who's going to the QPR game on Saturday, and he'll be in the away section.

Although, he doesn't care for the football and is probably just there for his mad supporting sunderland housemate

kharma45

Just generally I guess. Often being told non-STEM degrees are worthless can grate too.

They're not though. Most graduate schemes don't require any specific background, so long as you get a 2.1.

In my intake at work it varies from myself who did Geography to Physics to a variety of languages to business to sports science. It really doesn't matter a damn for most.

K1LLER7

176jK74l.jpg

I met Raheem Sterling and Jordan Ibe last week on Monday! They were both sound guys who let me take a picture with them, I was so nervous I never even mentioned I supported Liverpool xD

Sterling dressed like he's just come off the set of 'Grease'.

LAM09

They've bought mostly middle-tier players and a handful of youngsters. The difference being that a middle tier player costs more if you buy from another English club. The money spent is pretty relative. A team in another country may spend 2m and get the kind of player that an English team would only sell for 3x that.

I agree with the last part especially. That's what is wrong with the English market, but things won't change anytime soon.

Hixx

With great signings and fame comes bandwagon fans, Hixx. I have a french colleague at work who's going to the QPR game on Saturday, and he'll be in the away section.

Although, he doesn't care for the football and is probably just there for his mad supporting sunderland housemate

How did he get tickets in the away end? THIS IS BULLSHIT

176jK74l.jpg

That's pretty cool. Did you ask Sterling how many kids he have?

I am talking in general. Basel beat Tottenham recently, Bilbao taught Utd a lesson not so long ago, and Ajax beat City.

When you got 200 teams in Europe, a few of them are bound to fuck up every once in a while. It's not as if all other clubs don't lose to worse teams in CL and such either every now and then lol.

It is true however, that Chelsea is the one knight, fighting with honor and pride, that England don't deserve but have to rely on.

LAM09

When you got 200 teams in Europe, a few of them are bound to fuck up every once in a while. It's not as if all other clubs don't lose to worse teams in CL and such either every now and then lol.

It is true however, that Chelsea is the one knight, fighting with honor and pride, that England don't deserve but have to rely on.

100% spot on with the last bit. They are keeping the English coefficient where it is. The NT ain't doing the country any favours.

Barzul

Di Marzio said Dortmund turned down our first offer for Sokratis...15m and bonuses (bonuses were too low), but that we'll return with another offer.

L1NETT

So you are judging a whole league system of a handful of results

And the reason the Prem is "hyped" (dunno what that really means) is because it highly competitive, unpredictable and it is generally really exciting and mostly passionately supported

Nobody would argue against the fact the past few years English teams and have been poor in the European Competitions.

And using Hull as a barometer of anything is plain odd

Barzul

This would be a good signing.

It really would. Some on twitter saying he played DM a bit during his Werder days. No idea if he's really an option there, but could explain why we're moving for Rabiot also. I wish we'd try to loan Falcao also. 20 mill for fee + wages is really not the worst investment we could make.

omgkitty

@FutbolSergi 34m
Toby Alderweireld move to Sunderland nearing completion. Great player, club way below his weights. Deserves move to bigger side.

WHEEZE THIS CHEB? What a cunt.

Also it would be pretty good if we signed Alderweireld, Di Marzio reporting it as well.

We asked about him and he turned us down for Sunderland....right....

We should see if Monaco are interested in a Sanogo-Falcao swap.

LOL Dude don't be crazy....Falcao + cash for Sanogo.

Yen

Fair play to Raheem for having a backpack and manbag at the same time.

Even non-graduate ones will now.

Are you looking at the Northern Ireland stream?

They're not though. Most graduate schemes don't require any specific background, so long as you get a 2.1.

In my intake at work it varies from myself who did Geography to Physics to a variety of languages to business to sports science. It really doesn't matter a damn for most.

NI and the Economics Service are two I've really looked at. NI would ideal, but I would apply for the others as well.

TeddyBoy

Oh Raheem.

Raheem, Raheem, Raheem.
Sterling dressed like he's just come off the set of 'Grease'.

You guys laugh but I actually recognised Sterling because of his hair style :p

That's pretty cool. Did you ask Sterling how many kids he have?

:loooool Sterling only has one kid :p

Going by how big you're cheesing, I bet they could tell without you even saying anything. :lol Congrats, must have been awesome!

It was a great experience I just wished I had a shave earlier in the day! XD

Thanks everyone :)

sohois

We asked about him and he turned us down for Sunderland....right....

LOL Dude don't be crazy....Falcao + cash for Sanogo.

It was reported that he turned down Arsenal due to concerns about being on the bench, so it would make sense for him to instead to decide on Sunderland where he would be playing every week. He was already at a big club and didn't get any playing time, so one can see why he would do that

Top Bottom