• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Hixx

BREAKING NEWS: WORLD EXCLUSIVE:
REAL MADRID SIGNED RADAMEL FALCAO (details here on @calciomercatoit http://www.calciomercato.it/news/29...l-madrid-esclusivo-c-laccordo-per-falcao.html … )

I'll let you guess the source
TadkV.gif

killer you are no fun

K1LLER7

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 14s
BREAKING NEWS: WORLD EXCLUSIVE:
REAL MADRID SIGNED RADAMEL FALCAO

edit: Fuck Banter off Hixx

kharma45

NI and the Economics Service are two I've really looked at. NI would ideal, but I would apply for the others as well.

The NI one is crazy hard to get in to, crazy hard. Places for it are in single digits iirc.

Not that I'm putting you off, but there are some choices that stop you applying for other bits of the FS and it's one of the 'main' choices. If you go for it you can only choose something like the statistical stream from what I remember when I tried for it.

Great job though if you can get in, especially the NI one. You'll get good pay for doing nothing.

Edit - From the NICS website

The Northern Ireland Fast Stream is a separate programme, so if you apply for this scheme you cannot apply for any other Fast Stream scheme in the same recruitment year.

Salvadora

It's really annoying to seemingly lose out on relatively achievable CB targets through them not wanting to sit on the bench.

Meanwhile, Liverpool have about a billion of them.

LAM09

So you are judging a whole league system of a handful of results

And the reason the Prem is "hyped" (dunno what that really means) is because it highly competitive, unpredictable and it is generally really exciting and mostly passionately supported

Nobody would argue against the fact the past few years English teams and have been poor in the European Competitions.

And using Hull as a barometer of anything is plain odd

Hull is just another team to fail against a supposedly weaker team. As I said previously, my opinion is based on a wider range of results during a number of years.

People might think I am against the Prem (even though I support Chelsea), but that isn't the case. I love the league, but it ain't as strong as it used to be. Also, other teams around the continent have become stronger.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Yall think Di Maria will start against Burnely? I always assumed he would be on the bench, last thing we want is to rush him into matches after his injury and pre-season.

Clegg

The way United's squad is right now Di Maria could be needed as much in midfield as he would be on the wing. Need to sign some midfielders anyway as playing him in the middle won't work without a proper defensive midfielder behind him.

Just really want to see him play. He's pure brilliant. I reckon he'll be a sub against Burnley. Can't possibly be match fit.

LAM09

Monaco built a team to get into the CL. They have done that, so they are selling their best players.

Makes no sense whatsoever!

What the hell are you doing Real? Just because you can afford a player doesn't mean you should buy him, this isn't FIFA.

If Arsenal gets Benzema for "cheap" after Real buys Falcao that'd be a great move for them.

Walshy

Monaco built a team to get into the CL. They have done that, so they are selling their best players.

Makes no sense whatsoever!
The owners wife divorced him.

He paid something crazy like 3bn in the settlement.

Which is why he's looking for Monaco to become more profitable.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think so. We really need a spark and he could be it.

I still remember this thread and redcafe when Mata signed D: ,top four certainty, creativity back, beautiful football on its way. I hope its on its way D:

LAM09

Moutinho? Kondogbia?

I signed Kurzawa for Bradford on FM and he was pony. But ain't never seen him in the flesh so no comment on that one. Can't name any of their other players.

Kurzawa has been one of their best players. I am surprised he hasn't been called up to the French NT yet.

Barzul

The owners wife divorced him.

He paid something crazy like 3bn in the settlement.

Which is why he's looking for Monaco to become more profitable.

3bn settlement? Jesus. Hasn't he heard of a pernup. When you're that rich it should be a given.

Yen

The NI one is crazy hard to get in to, crazy hard. Places for it are in single digits iirc.

Not that I'm putting you off, but there are some choices that stop you applying for other bits of the FS and it's one of the 'main' choices. If you go for it you can only choose something like the statistical stream from what I remember when I tried for it.

Great job though if you can get in, especially the NI one. You'll get good pay for doing nothing.

Edit - From the NICS website

Crikey, didn't know that. Single digits is scary. I can imagine the appeal of working there though.
I remember reading (on TheStudentRoom) that success rate for the Diplomatic Corps was 0.2%
Still, I have two years to worry about this/find other grad schemes/marry an old, rich spinster

Clegg

Anderson-Fletcher midfield pairing it is then.
The mere thought if that combo frightens the life out of me. Just shows how badly we've gone about our business in this window though. An injury to our only decent midfielder and we have to resort to utter dreck.

Mr Cola

What about pushing Jones into midfield with Rojo finally being available?

He has absolutely no idea what he is doing, we tried it a few times last year and under Fergie, he wanders around and leaves spaces.

kharma45

Crikey, didn't know that. Single digits is scary. I remember reading (on TheStudentRoom) that success rate for the Diplomatic Corps was 0.2%
Still, I have two years to worry about this/find other grad schemes/marry an old, rich spinster

If things continue to pick up there should be a good selection of stuff in NI if you wanted something there. PwC, Delloite, KPMG and EY are all taking on good numbers. Citi too. Translink apparently have a very good graduate scheme too, but it's tight to get on to like the FS. You'll probably have more luck with a private sector scheme here but might as well apply for absolutely everything, beggars can't be choosers!

If you ever think of applying for us give me a shout and I'll try to help out.

wedward

From DiMarzio
Enrico Passarella ‏@Guardalinee 1m
Real Madrid are the frontrunners for Falcao, Arsenal are in the race too http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calc...nners-for-falcao-arsenal-are-in-the-race-too/ #dimarzio @dimarzio

Any race with RM is a race we've already lost. Especially with a spanish speaking player. I'm puzzled as to why they want him though.

Real Madrid really are the one true enemy of football.

Absolutely no respect for the world we live in.

Barzul

Real Madrid should give other clubs a chance ffs. I mean I know you're rich but why not let players like Jese flourish. Let him be second choice for the year.

kharma45

It's better than the alternative.

That being, one of Cleverley/Anderson/Fletcher.

Might even help you out defensively.

How? We got Alexis sorted in a couple of days.

As Cola said he wasn't the best positionally. Might be ok if we were to do a midfield 3.

-------Anderson-----

Jones---------------Fletcher

Let those two sit back and let Anderson drive forward. Not exactly ideal but it's the best we got :\

It's better than the alternative.

That being, one of Cleverley/Anderson/Fletcher.

Might even help you out defensively.

How? We got Alexis sorted in a couple of days.

He's not better than Fletcher or Anderson in midfield, and I understand the repercussions of what I'm saying there. He's fucking dreadful. He has a bad touch for a defender.

It's not sorted because of the third party ownership issues that need to be resolved.

Top Bottom