• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Rad-

To be fair Smalling was ace in 10/11 when Rio was dead all season.

Thought he and Vidic were going to be our first choice partnership for a while.

Then Rio and Evans smashed it a couple of seasons later.

Our CB's are so odd.

That was around when Vidic was at his peak. He would have made Cleverley look like a good defender next to him.

This whole identity thing from Phelan really has got my goat. LvG gave players plenty of opportunities to impress and perform and the ones who haven't have left (apart from Anderson as he's an immovable object) It shouldn't matter if they came through the academy or not, if the manager doesn't like them they shouldn't be at the club. We've only made major signings in the last few days/weeks of the window, it's not like LVG came in and instantly made these signings and ignored the players that were here.

Now this 66 year record is 'under threat', not because of the signings as some think, but because the majority of the youth aren't good enough for the first team. LVG gave the youth players a chance to impress and they failed. That isn't on LVG, it's not because of a new 'Galactico' transfer strategy, it's because the youth aren't good enough.

The biggest beneficiary of this window, which Phelan has overlooked because he's a clueless fuck, is WIlson. He now moves up in the pecking order of strikers and is now surrounded by 3 top quality players to learn from and hopefully play with.

Just got offered that job in Oxford I interviewed for

Working in the planning and creative departments of a marketing firm

Have to move down there

P good starting salary, but not sure if good enough for Oxfordshire

happy, scared, excited

Congratulations

Norway defender Vegard Forren has branded England striker Wayne Rooney "a bit chubby" ahead of the friendly on Wednesday night.

Rooney was unveiled as the new England captain last week despite an underwhelming performance at this summer's World Cup, which saw the striker score only one goal.

Norway are placed 53rd in the FIFA world rankings, 33 spots below England, but Forren insists he will not be afraid of his opponents at Wembley.

"Rooney looks a bit chubby," Forren told TV2.no

"They're obviously good players, and many of them are on good form already after three games in the Premier League but we're looking forward to it."

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

K1LLER7

Tom Cleverley: Of players with 40+ PL apps since Aug 2012, only J García has played a higher % of his passes sideways than Cleverley (61.2%)

Chelsea just tweet Azpilicueta had signed a new 5 year deal then deleted it?

Nevermind they've put it back up

Chelsea Football Club is pleased to announce Cesar Azpilicueta has today signed a new five-year contract.

The defender joined the Blues from Marseille in August 2012 and has so far made 95 appearances for the club, scoring once in last season’s Capital One Cup victory at Arsenal.

Azpilicueta, affectionately known as ‘Dave’ by supporters, ended his first Chelsea season by lifting the Europa League trophy in Amsterdam.

Last season he was a member of the Barclays Premier League’s meanest defence which conceded just 27 times in 38 games. He also received the Chelsea Players’ Player of the Year award.

The 25-year-old has begun this season in typically fine form and is currently away with the Spanish national team having represented them at this summer’s World Cup.

Courtois next plz

Arnie

Cheers again everyone!

Yeah, it starts right in the middle of when I was meant to be with you so was gonna pop you an email over to say I can't be there anymore!

It's bloody exciting, just a shame I have to hold off on living in the big city for a while. Then again, Oxfordshire is a lovely place from the little I've seen of it.
No worries I'll let the relevant people know.

We have a client in Banbury and it's a lovely place. 40 minutes from London on the train, too.

Salvadora

Ian Dennis ‏@Iandennisbbc
Danny Welbeck picked up a knock in training. Unlikely to be risked v Norway on Wed. Commentary on @bbc5live #bbcfootball

Ian Dennis ‏@Iandennisbbc
Danny Welbeck picked up a knock in training. Unlikely to be risked v Norway on Wed. Commentary on @bbc5live #bbcfootball

hahahahaahha

Anyway, it's just a knock, he'll most likely be ready for you guys come next match.

EDIT: shit i need to change my avatar

Top Bottom