• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
welbs3lov9.png
welbs281pdr.png

Using dat guy thx

LegoArmo

Has Sturridge just become a lazy point of reference for when fans hope a disappointing player has a resurgence upon changing clubs?

Welbz ain't Studge

Both English, both ~23 at the time of transfer, both with a goal scoring record of 1 goal in every 4.8 games. A lot of similarities.

I think it's comparable, only, Welbeck will be more successful.

Yen

Once upon a time, Sturridge had an arguably worse record for Chelsea. Didn't work half as hard, or play half as well in big games as Welbeck has.
Though he scored 8 in 12 for Bolton before that.

Has Sturridge just become a lazy point of reference for when fans hope a disappointing player has a resurgence upon changing clubs?

Welbz ain't Studge

International break is pissing me off already. PL was just gathering pace. Don't think I'd bother watching the England games if not for the Liverpool representatives
Have no fear. Two weeks of Balotelli, Lallana and Markovic in training with Brendan, then we face this:
YZ5l9u9.png

K1LLER7

Is Falcao a loan with an option to buy?

If he has a good season then I'd love to see him sign for United.
Yeah. But I'm thinking this is a dodgy deal and its already been agreed he'll be at United for the previously reported 4 years.

According to various reports, we have an option to buy ranging from £35m - £43m.

Welbz ain't Studge

International break is pissing me off already. PL was just gathering pace. Don't think I'd bother watching the England games if not for the Liverpool representatives

Nah, this is the best international break ever

L1NETT

What a momentous occasion

#bcafc For those of you unaware, tonight's is a little piece of history, the first time City are involved in a game with the vanishing spray

Also Orient vs Posh is on SS1 for those of you desperate for some hot JPT action

jtb

Banned
in terms of grooming a player who can't currently play striker to play striker, my order of preference: Theo, then Sanchez, then Sanogo, then Welbeck

regardless, our future should involve as little Giroud as possible. and now that we've written off this season, Wenger should be able to use the low-pressure environment to mold one of them into a decent striker.

noal

Banned

Welbz ain't Studge

That's the trouble with this international break; you are just starting the narrative of the season and it gets stopped in it's tracks. It's just so frustrating.

LegoArmo

Welbeck hasn't moved to Arsenal to be 4th choice striker or to be stuck out on the wing again. That's the reason he wanted to leave in the first place.

Meier

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4116690,00.html

Oh this is news to me. Makes this deal go from ok to very good. We get him cheap for a season then can buy him if he works out. Nice work Mr.Fox, nice work.

He's in the last year of his deal so you'd be able to sign him on a free but I Imagine they did something similar to clause for Everton with Barry. They had to pay us a few million since he signed there permanently. Supposedly it was really just paying back a portion of his wages since we garnished them a bit last season apparently.

L1NETT

Best own goal I've ever seen (was for my side but still amazing) was mate of mine picked ball up on half way, everyone was in the oppo half so he'd thought he give it back to keeper and reset. So he attempted to long ball it back to keeper who was out of his area but give it too much toozy and lobbed him from half way! Was a great strike mind

Keeper was a right nanny waff though and should have saved it

rodvik

Grealish is right good

Really hope Given doesn't persuade him to play for ROI

Probably will sadly

Sadly there is no doubt. He and his family identify as Irish so he will pick them for sure.

Rodvik..

I'm sorry :( Atleast it's only a loan.

We will unleash the true power of a fully functioning Cleverley upon the league!

He's in the last year of his deal so you'd be able to sign him on a free but I Imagine they did something similar to clause for Everton with Barry. They had to pay us a few million since he signed there permanently. Supposedly it was really just paying back a portion of his wages since we garnished them a bit last season apparently.

I imagine at least a few million will go to United as part of the option deal if we take it. Seems fair all around.

Think we'll start with Welbeck up front for the big games. Him and Sanchez will probably swap positions during the games anyway. I don't ever want to see Sanogo in the first team ever again. He's shit.

At least Welbz has experience in the CL and PL.

L1NETT

Sanogo isn't shit, don't be a muggins Free. He just is nowhere near experienced or ready enough for first team football.

Kind of player you need to be sending on loan to Derby not relying on him for first team and CL games, another reason why Welbeck transfer is really good.

But there is something about him which can be salvaged.

Sanogo isn't shit, don't be a muggins Free. He just is nowhere near experienced or ready enough for first team football.

Kind of player you need to be sending on loan to Derby not relying on him for first team and CL games, another reason why Welbeck transfer is really good.

Clearly Wenger sees something in training that the fans aren't seeing :lol. Should have loaned him out this summer, maybe in January.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Whenever I watch old games on MUTV, were talking 70's and 80's, I am routinely shocked at how much space every player gets to do what he likes, some great goals come from it, but pressing rarely ever happens.

I really can't understand why some of you guys are so salty about Welbeck leaving. Where would he play? Di Maria on wing and RVP/Rooney/Falcao up front. Welbeck is gonna slip like 15 times a game, clumsy fuck.

LegoArmo

Whenever I watch old games on MUTV, were talking 70's and 80's, I am routinely shocked at how much space every player gets to do what he likes, some great goals come from it, but pressing rarely ever happens.

This is still what football is like outside of the Premier League.

jtb

Banned
Sanogo is good. the only thing missing from his game is finishing, which I get is a pretty glaring flaw... BUT considering the huge panic when Giroud went down (another striker who can't finish) and the celebration over Welbeck (who also can't finish), I'm more than a little perplexed why the fans are so quick to give up on him.

Splatt

Sanogo is N'Gog Mark II.

Off to Bolton with him

Top Bottom