• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Falcao deal is win-win in my eyes. It's a win if United play entertaining football and then we get to watch Falcao dominate the league. It's also a win if they flop in which case we are supplied with endless hilarity until May. Bless you Woody

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
YES CARTOON

Arturo-Vidal.gif

I know you hate Iniesta, think he's overrated but all I'm saying is they pursued Vidal all summer didn't get him. They wanted 2 top class centre backs after Rio and Vidic went and they got Rojo. All hail woody? Wenger failed to address key areas of our squad and even though we got in Alexis Wenger cops a hell of a scathing. Falcao us great but they have RVP who's also great. I don't consider United any more of a threat than I already did because everyone knew they were strong upfront but that United midfield will not control games against big teams. No way.
I agree with everything really.

especially the Iniesta part.

What if he gets us into top 4?

then you'll end up buying him ;) because you're already half way there :p

Arnie

My favourite extract from Ronay's article:

And yet the past two years have brought little more than a sense of energetic congealment. Indeed the gallows humorist might note that there is something very fitting in Arsenal spending deadline day snapping up a centre-forward whose last goal came at the start of March; that a club who require a razor edge have signed an attacker who resembles more a very useful set of socket spanners; and that above all Welbeck is a signing to maintain the status quo, a player of the second rank for a club happy to remain, profitably, within that bracket. For Arsenal this was meant to be a time of feast not famine. Instead, led in by the elbow, blindfold whipped away, the club’s supporters have been presented with something that looks a bit more like a takeaway in front of the telly.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watching Falcao vids, legitimately cant tell what foot he is, incredible on either.

Zabojnik

Why are we guessing? Haven't they disclosed whether it is an option or obligation?

If it is an option ... that would be pretty bad, yeah. Say United don't get 4th place, Benzema flops and Real decide to throw 100M€ at Monaco and offer an absurd amount of money to Falcao, who allegedly planned to join Real anyway. United could probably match all that ... but would they?

RiggyRob

Why are we guessing? Haven't they disclosed whether it is an option or obligation?

If it is an option ... that would be pretty bad, yeah. Say United don't get 4th place, Benzema flops and Real decide to throw 100M€ at Monaco and offer an absurd amount of money to Falcao, who allegedly planned to join Real anyway. United could probably match all that ... but would they?

We'd still have RVP and Rooney and we'd get Hernandez back from the loan. I really don't see why people are trying to paint the option/obligation to buy as a bad thing. It's a risk, sure, but getting top 4 would be worth it and missing out on top 4 would mean we stick with what we've got or go for a cheaper striker next summer.

Zabojnik

We'd still have RVP and Rooney and we'd get Hernandez back from the loan. I really don't see why people are trying to paint the option/obligation to buy as a bad thing. It's a risk, sure, but getting top 4 would be worth it and missing out on top 4 would mean we stick with what we've got or go for a cheaper striker next summer.

But it is a bad thing. Or at least less than ideal. United will be fine either way with that infinite budget. We're just talking m8.

L1NETT

I'd actually rather watch Johnstone's paint dry than sit through any more JPT games

hate it hate it hate it

and we've had loads of chances

We might even progress

Bloody hell

K1LLER7

I'm thinking its more than a simple loan deal but my assumptions are purely based on my interpretation of how it was reported as a 4 year contract at first and then a loan. Also how Falcao has tweeted about the deal and thanked Monaco as if he's not going back.

But if he doesn't stay on and gets us into the top 4 again, It's still been a good deal for United. Especially with what the CL will mean to the club from a financial aspect.

Arnie

The amount of money United have spent, and are willing to continue spending, is the most obvious mimicking of Manchester City since they themselves clawed their way up the table. There is obviously a huge discrepancy in income between the two clubs but considering the amount United have spent without making much in return such a defence would be a little crass.

It's now both sides of Manchester who're synonymous with spending beyond their means to try and win football matches.

Without any top defenders of central midfielders it's going to be difficult.

The amount of money United have spent, and are willing to continue spending, is the most obvious mimicking of Manchester City since they themselves clawed their way up the table. There is obviously a huge discrepancy in income between the two clubs but considering the amount United have spent without making much in return such a defence would be a little crass.

It's now both sides of Manchester who're synonymous with spending beyond their means to try and win football matches.

Too bad it's not beyond our means..

Where would you get that idea?

Kikarian

Spending beyond our means. Ok.

You're just talking shit, as usual.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
"Welbeck at least deserves the change to fail properly as a central striker."

/DEAD

OH

MY

GOD

OT5: Welbeck at least deserves the change to fail properly as a central striker.
OT6: Welbeck at least deserves the change to fail properly as a central striker.
OT7: Welbeck at least deserves the change to fail properly as a central striker.

WJD

Kinell, 4 IPA's in and everything's finally starting to sink in

We've got Falcao and Di Maria

I'm starting full time proper real life job work soon

Cleverley plays for Aston Villa Football Club

LIFE

K1LLER7

It's not an option.

Ignore these premfaces.
We are #ITK

RUMBO viva. He's got brilliant hair innit.

OH

MY

GOD

OT5: Welbeck at least deserves the change to fail properly as a central striker.
OT6: Welbeck at least deserves the change to fail properly as a central striker.
OT7: Welbeck at least deserves the change to fail properly as a central striker.
Make a thread in OT :p

Top Bottom