• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

btOszM8.png

good good

more deals like these please

if it isn't an 'obligation to buy' to spread out the cost then this is officially one of the stupidest loan deals in the history of fucking football

22.8 million on wages alone ffs

it's DEFINITELY not an option, I mean look at him, he's celebrating :lol

It's a great deal. It's not an obligation, if he does well we will buy him.

Lightning

Banned
Welbeck is a low risk signing. If he works out great, if he doesn't we can ship him off again and get most of our money back. It's very low risk.

Sanogo is good. the only thing missing from his game is finishing, which I get is a pretty glaring flaw... BUT considering the huge panic when Giroud went down (another striker who can't finish) and the celebration over Welbeck (who also can't finish), I'm more than a little perplexed why the fans are so quick to give up on him.

Yup.

Sanogo at least has the excuse that he's inexperienced and was playing Ligue 2 football 18 months ago.

Welbeck is just...ugh.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Welbeck is a low risk signing. If he works out great, if he doesn't we can ship him off again and get most of our money back. It's very low risk.

You gonna get 16m if he doesnt work out?

Im amazed we got 16m when he didnt work out

K1LLER7

if it isn't an 'obligation to buy' to spread out the cost then this is officially one of the stupidest loan deals in the history of fucking football

22.8 million on wages alone ffs

it's DEFINITELY not an option, I mean look at him, he's celebrating :lol
They say option to buy but I think it's a dodgy deal.

He even thanked everybody at Monaco as if he's left permanently.

RUMBO stays nahmsayin

Lightning

Banned

We will get close to that amount. With how prices are sky rocketing for players 16m is not much anymore. We brought Vermaelen for 7-8m, he played shit and missed a season through injury and we still got 15m for him. With the way valuations of players continues to grow at such an alarming rate yeah we will get our money back.

Last season Di Maria was 35-40m this season he was 60m

jtb

Banned
16m is a small amount for most clubs but that's a pretty large outlay for Wenger.

also, 100k/week is going to be very difficult to move if it turns out he can't play up front.

We'll see. British tax is real, though, so I can see it.

Meier

English tax. Getting 16m was a huge win though, he's really a 10-15m player at best given Sturridge's fee (let alone the fact Chelsea had to give us 15% of it).

Danchi

English tax. Getting 16m was a huge win though, he's really a 10-15m player at best given Sturridge's fee (let alone the fact Chelsea had to give us 15% of it).

Probably fair to say the price was also inflated due to selling to a direct rival. Chelsea probably didn't feel that way with the Sturridge deal.

Zabojnik

I don't think United will continue to pay full of Fatcaos wages next yr. He will have to take a pay cut.

This seems quite an optimistic statement. Unless he was so happy to leave fucking Monaco that he agreed to anything. Footballers (like all people) really don't like wage cuts.

Lightning

Banned
where/when did I shit on United?! I'm just saying it's an obligation to buy, which makes it a good deal financially speaking. You're spreading out the cost over two years for a WC striker
striker.
They are buying a world class striker, who just came off a serious injury and is 28yrs old, paying an extraordinary amount of money while ignoring their troublesome midfield and defence. Falcao to United makes about asbmuxh sense as Iniesta to Arsenal. Class player, upgrade on what we have but ultimately not what we need nor want.

I don't think United will continue to pay full of Fatcaos wages next yr. He will have to take a pay cut.

He'd have to start paying tax anyway. He's getting a pay cut no matter how you look at it.

No doubt his Monaco wages are beyond what we'd be willing to offer though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
dp sorry ;_;

They are buying a world class striker, who just came off a serious injury and is 28yrs old, paying an extraordinary amount of money while ignoring theur troublesome midfield and defence. Falcao to United makes about asbmuxh sense as Iniesta to Arsenal. Class player, upgrade on what we have but ultimately not what we need nor want.
All true, but when you ignore all of this, they're still getting FALCAO!

and no one needs Iniesta to be fair. Can't wait till he retires

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Falcao will be 29 next year, 30 year after, we are only going to get a few hardcore seasons out of him at the top regardless.

Who knows, he could flop :eek:

Remember Shevchenko

Lightning

Banned
dp sorry ;_;

All true, but when you ignore all of this, they're still getting FALCAO!

and no one needs Iniesta to be fair. Can't wait till he retires
I know you hate Iniesta, think he's overrated but all I'm saying is they pursued Vidal all summer didn't get him. They wanted 2 top class centre backs after Rio and Vidic went and they got Rojo. All hail woody? Wenger failed to address key areas of our squad and even though we got in Alexis Wenger cops a hell of a scathing. Falcao us great but they have RVP who's also great. I don't consider United any more of a threat than I already did because everyone knew they were strong upfront but that United midfield will not control games against big teams. No way.

Top Bottom