• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Falcao v Costa

As it was always meant to be

Good to remind him the legal consent laws.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
didn't he get cleared?

RiggyRob

But it is a bad thing. Or at least less than ideal. United will be fine either way with that infinite budget. We're just talking m8.

I know, but I don't think it should really matter either way. Sorry if I'm a bit spiky, SMT IV's continual delay's pissing me off.

The amount of money United have spent, and are willing to continue spending, is the most obvious mimicking of Manchester City since they themselves clawed their way up the table. There is obviously a huge discrepancy in income between the two clubs but considering the amount United have spent without making much in return such a defence would be a little crass.

It's now both sides of Manchester who're synonymous with spending beyond their means to try and win football matches.

Without any top defenders of central midfielders it's going to be difficult.

Havin' a laugh? We're the most profitable club in the world. We're gonna dominate shirt sales this year like we do every year. Don't mistaken us for a club like City or QPR who spend out of their means and have no worldwide following. Ffs

Arnie

Too bad it's not beyond our means..

Where would you get that idea?

Spending beyond our means. Ok.

You're just talking shit, as usual.

A team without Champions League football offering £350k per week is financially ludicrous, which you'll soon find out.

Your spending has made it even more imperative for your club to achieved Champions League qualification this season. In an uphill race it seems like unnecessary baggage.

I suppose LVG doubted his ability to coach into his current squad.

A team without Champions League football offering £350k per week is financially ludicrous, which you'll soon find out.

Your spending has made it even more imperative for your club to achieved Champions League qualification this season. In an uphill race it seems like unnecessary baggage.

I don't understand your argument in regards to what United should have done

How were they going to get back into the CL without spending money?

Kikarian

One season without champions league football and we're unable to pay that? Your logic fails me.

I could understand if we went 2-3 seasons without champions league, but one. Ludicrous thinking.

We don't even have our adidas money yet.. money doesnt just come from the CL you know

God I love that Falcao interview.

He just seems so happy. Like I know the money/agents rule all but he just looks genuinely delighted to have reached the peak of his profession. No offence to the clubs he's been at, which arguably are in a better position than we are right now.

But the EPL is the EPL.

Explains why he took the paycut to join.

3Sixty

I'm watching Criminal Minds on netflix because i love procedurals of all kinds.

Man what i wouldn't give to be able to go back and watch Numbers all over again.

We're not even offering that, but I still don't see your point. We have money, we're spending it to get back into the CL.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
God I love that Falcao interview.

He just seems so happy. Like I know the money/agents rule all but he just looks genuinely delighted to have reached the peak of his profession. No offence to the clubs he's been at, which arguably are in a better position than we are right now.

he probably remembered how much he earns per minute, and how much richer he'll be after that interview.

We aren't spending it to get back into the CL. We're spending it to win the title.

It will break my heart if making the top 4 becomes an achievement for us.

he probably remembered how much he earns per minute, and how much richer he'll be after that interview.

You kept Vidal. What more do you want from me? TAKE IT ALL!

Zabojnik

Only Lovers left Alive. I quite enjoyed it. Perhaps Killing them softly for an assassin/mob movie.

Jim Jarmusch though. Not sure I'm in the mood for one of his films tonight. Seen KtS, was alright.

Not off the top of my head :lol. What kind of movie? Genre? Specific actor? Tits?

Preferably something that has a story with some meat on it, no atmosferic/artsy/pretentious stuff, not tonight. Any genre, really.

I'm not sure if you're joking or not. You've already recommended it, I've seen it, liked it too. <3

Alive! 1993. Then buy the book.

Seen it already, I think.

Salvadora

United may very well brute force top 4 with the sheer quality of attacking talent, but this sort of feels like the point of no return.

£350,000 p/w wages, a commitment to spend £55m next summer on Falcao, Luke Shaw, Di Maria and so forth.

Ignoring the defence (especially CB) and CM (to a degree) is pretty criminal and stands a good chance of biting them in the arse this season.

We aren't spending it to get back into the CL. We're spending it to win the title.

It will break my heart if making the top 4 becomes an achievement for us.

I only mean for this season in particular. Getting back into the CL is important. I'm not too confident on us winning the title this season, but next season, sure.

Arnie

I don't understand your argument in regards to what United should have done

How were they going to get back into the CL without spending money?
Spend reasonably in positions that do desperately need strengthening.

Don't spend astronomically and without long-term considerations in positions that don't require it.
One season without champions league football and we're unable to pay that? Your logic fails me.

I could understand if we went 2-3 seasons without champions league, but one. Ludicrous thinking.
Clubs have to think about all possible outcomes.

I wasn't in my undies glued to my laptop yesterday, so correct me if I'm wrong, but despite Falcao being a loan isn't there a feeling that the deal to sign him permanently is somewhat included? Like, isn't he there for the forseeable future.

A 29/30 year old on £350k per week at a club without Champions League football is suicide. Especially when he has no reason to leave and is too old for someone to offer him a better deal.

Any United fan that thinks their club are getting back into the Champions League this season has their head in the clouds. As such, a signing in a position that didn't desperately need strengthening seems ludicrous.

We'll see, I'm obviously going against the status quo with this one and as United's official wine sponsor has declared I'm once again talking shit, so perhaps this is just another of those shit predictions I make.

Falcao is going to become a real strain on United's finances in the not too distant future.

Arnie

Know exactly what you mean, to be fair.

Reminds me of when Joe Cole signed for us.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
United may very well brute force top 4 with the sheer quality of attacking talent, but this sort of feels like the point of no return.

£350,000 p/w wages, a commitment to spend £55m next summer on Falcao, Luke Shaw, Di Maria and so forth.

Ignoring the defence (especially CB) and CM (to a degree) is pretty criminal and stands a good chance of biting them in the arse this season.

Us getting top 4, I believe, is dependant on how well Arsenal and Liverpool do, I fully expect one of you to run away with third, the other will be 4th come new year. I think in the new year we are going to do very well indeed, if we arent too far off the pace.

I think the 4/5 race will be exciting than the 1-2 tbh :3

Meier

I'm watching Criminal Minds on netflix because i love procedurals of all kinds.

Man what i wouldn't give to be able to go back and watch Numbers all over again.

Have you ever watched Bones? That's a bit of a guilty pleasure of ours. I think the only show on CBS we watch is Elementary.

Just seen Rooney's presser.

Honestly baffles me how this man has become captain of England and Man United.

He can barely form sentences. Like I know you don't need to be a great orator to be a captain but jeez. Nobody is listening to him thinking, "YES WAYNE, I WILL FOLLOW!"

Top Bottom