• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Splatt

bayernsave.gif

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Maybe where I live but all counselors in the area offer hypnotherapy

I thought this was looked down upon :eek:

How wrong could i be?

"Hypnosis for Fertility"

thats a thing?

pappe

People go on abt wages of Falcao but fail to realise we offloaded 16 players including players like Vidic, Rio, Evra Shinji wellbeck who were earning atleast 600000 per week among them.

If we have to go down that road we offloaded almost 900000 to 1 mil a week in wages and brought in player who are now earning less than that.

We are gonna be absolutely fine financially.

Clegg

Yeah! Last week was actually their 250th episode anniversary so they did 6 episodes. An interview with Bill O'Herlihy and an interview with David Baddiel.

Speaking of Bill O'Herlihy, I've always wondered how people in the UK would react to RTE's football coverage.
I was told to give the show a listen because they get decent guests in. Seems like that was the truth after all. Will listen to it when I go yo bed. Thanks for the heads up.

Tbh I think the pundits on Sky would prefer if they could be as candid as the RTE lads. Souness used to be in the panel and he was much more critical of players than you'd now get in his rather bland work with Sky. Jamie Redknapp wouldn't work our though. I think he really is just that beige.

I don't think you'll win enough games more with Welbeck than you would've without to take you beyond fourth, to be honest.

A deal which also varies massively depending on whether United qualify for the Champions League.
Not for two seasons. Plenty of time to build a squad capable for top 4, or even the title.

Salvadora

I don't think you'll win enough games more with Welbeck than you would've without to take you beyond fourth, to be honest.
Welbeck probably won't make the difference, but we have 3 players in the starting 11 (Alexis, Walcott, and Ramsey) who are big goalscorers.

If he can use his pace to help us on the counterattack, we're getting more goals than we would've with Giroud.

Very often he would be too slow to get into the box in time.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
My favourite thing about this thread is assurity and then meltdown, everything is good and positive and then its terrible and awful.

You just know we will draw 0-0 with QPR :D

But right now i think we can win 5-0 :|

Yen

Yeah! Last week was actually their 250th episode anniversary so they did 6 episodes. An interview with Bill O'Herlihy and an interview with David Baddiel.

Speaking of Bill O'Herlihy, I've always wondered how people in the UK would react to RTE's football coverage.

Always thought RTÉ's coverage was a bit crap. No real insight, just lazy.

After next season if we're not in the CL by then. Not gonna happen.

It's 2 years into the deal.

So 3 seasons from now.

Still wouldn't have a negative impact, on the whole, on the finances.

For instance we've increased the wage bill by about £15-£20m this summer. Even with a CL deduction, the new Adidas deal comfortably covers that expense.

RiggyRob

Remarkable confidence.

Remarkable.

It's almost as if United have been Champions League regulars for the last decade. Besides, how confident are you that Liverpool won't finish seventh like the last time they managed a title challenge and sold their best player?

valeo

I love how weird psychopaths are held up as cult figures on the internet but in real life they're just the guy huffing paint on the train you try to avoid.

Fintan

Always thought RTÉ's coverage was a bit crap. No real insight, just lazy.

Oh, yeah. There's never much real tactical insight or anything like that. I think people mostly watch it because it can be funny. I'd take that over the similarly lacking in insight but much blander coverage you see on ITV or Sky, for example, a lot of the time.

It's 2 years into the deal.

So 3 seasons from now.

Still wouldn't have a negative impact, on the whole, on the finances.

For instance we've increased the wage bill by about £15-£20m this summer. Even with a CL deduction, the new Adidas deal comfortably covers that expense.

Oh even better. Can't believe anyone thinks we'd be out of the CL for that long.

FuturusX

Welbeck probably won't make the difference, but we have 3 players in the starting 11 (Alexis, Walcott, and Ramsey) who are big goalscorers.

If he can use his pace to help us on the counterattack, we're getting more goals than we would've with Giroud.

Very often he would be too slow to get into the box in time.

It's was a shame for Theo (and England) regarding the timing and length of his injury. He was turning the corner and becoming a consistent goal scorer to add to his pace and trickery.

I remember when there was talk of Theo coming to Liverpool (utter tripe perhaps) but I've always admired him and wanted to see him come over to us.

Meier

Andres was very, very strange. I don't miss his spamming personally.

United will be fine regardless. They're the most well-known club in the world.. that doesn't go away with a few down years. Like I said yesterday, even if they still finish outside the top 4 this year, they've laid groundwork to improve. Maybe next summer they improve the midfield and defense to coincide with the attacking additions. This is how City handled it last season and now the squad is even more balanced. They will be fine.. and I'm not excited about it.

Arnie

It's almost as if United have been Champions League regulars for the last decade. Besides, how confident are you that Liverpool won't finish seventh like the last time they managed a title challenge and sold their best player?

United under Ferguson is not United under Moyes or Van Gaal.

Naive, that.

And I'm very confident. In the 2009/10 season we opened with a loss away to Spurs. We just fucking turned them into mush.

inky

No one should watch Three Burials. Arriaga is a hack writer who doesn't deserve more free success.

Edit: wait, Mumei isn't a girl? Dreams shattered...
:p

FuturusX

United under Ferguson is not United under Moyes or Van Gaal.

Naive, that.

And I'm very confident. In the 2009/10 season we opened with a loss away to Spurs. We just fucking turned them into mush.

Watching the Spurs game...Sturridge, Sterling and Balo were terrific. On another day that could have been 5-1 (Spurs should have scored).

I think we are fine and Balo was the last piece of the puzzle. He's going to score goals..for sure his movement was excellent. I'm not worried about top 4. Yes anything can happen and there are lot of good teams. But I'm confident that if we can keep the injuries down we'll be okay.

Clegg

They were discussing Falcao in those podcasts I mentioned. One if their guests was John Brewin, a writer for ESPN. He mentioned that United have gotten back into bed with Jorge Mendes and said it was probably their only option if they wanted to sign top tier players. To highlight this point Brewin told a story which circulated amongst the journalists who covered football in Manchester. Apparently Woowar knew absolutely nothing about how to get deals done. It requires you to at least have a working relationship with the chairmen/CEOs of other clubs and to know good agents who can broker the deal. Ed didn't have these relationships and had to resort to asking journalists and 'top' fans of other clubs for the phones numbers of the people in power. Can see why we've ran back to Mendez for his help. He's the agent to many superstar players and can also act as an intermediary and make introductions to club chairmen etcx.

Top Bottom