• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Meier

Just starting the bones pilot.

If it sucks im blaming you.

My best friend from college mentioned watching it and enjoying it so my wife and I gave it go one summer some years back since nothing was on. Plowed through 5 seasons on Netflix in no time flat and then have been watching as it aired for the past handful of years. It's pretty solid as procedurals go. If you like the CBS ones, I can't imagine you won't find something to enjoy about Bones.

Elchele

Milch, milch (or penny) are you there?

Is it true that Adrián Ramos sent a double to do his driver license test? Pls tell me it's true

he faces a possible sentence of 1 year in prison too?

Ogden has linked an article written by Paul Parker. In it he's taken the complete opposite view to most of the established press pack and basically calls Rooney shite and the player who should be dropped for Falcao. Says he's selfish, sulky and nowhere near as good as most make him out to be. Its a very refreshing stance.

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blog...cold-114609509.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory

I completely agree, Rooney needs to get dropped

And sold next window too, hopefully

They were discussing Falcao in those podcasts I mentioned. One if their guests was John Brewin, a writer for ESPN. He mentioned that United have gotten back into bed with Jorge Mendes and said it was probably their only option if they wanted to sign top tier players. To highlight this point Brewin told a story which circulated amongst the journalists who covered football in Manchester. Apparently Woowar knew absolutely nothing about how to get deals done. It requires you to at least have a working relationship with the chairmen/CEOs of other clubs and to know good agents who can broker the deal. Ed didn't have these relationships and had to resort to asking journalists and 'top' fans of other clubs for the phones numbers of the people in power. Can see why we've ran back to Mendez for his help. He's the agent to many superstar players and can also act as an intermediary and make introductions to club chairmen etcx.

Last summer makes a lot of sense.

We need a DoF.

fPwHIsn.png

tqvlydd.png

Mastadon

Banned
They were discussing Falcao in those podcasts I mentioned. One if their guests was John Brewin, a writer for ESPN. He mentioned that United have gotten back into bed with Jorge Mendes and said it was probably their only option if they wanted to sign top tier players. To highlight this point Brewin told a story which circulated amongst the journalists who covered football in Manchester. Apparently Woowar knew absolutely nothing about how to get deals done. It requires you to at least have a working relationship with the chairmen/CEOs of other clubs and to know good agents who can broker the deal. Ed didn't have these relationships and had to resort to asking journalists and 'top' fans of other clubs for the phones numbers of the people in power. Can see why we've ran back to Mendez for his help. He's the agent to many superstar players and can also act as an intermediary and make introductions to club chairmen etcx.

Surely David Gill left his Rolodex behind when he left?

3Sixty

Matt Le Tissier ‏@mattletiss7 3m

This lad got injured @goals_soccer 2nite on pitch next door. Anyone know him? Couldn't resist a selfie 😃#getwellsoon p

Bwjq7_FCcAAEZsc.jpg

loooooooooooooooooooooool

Love Le Tiss

Sooooooo what about all of Fergie's contacts?

Clegg

Sooooooo what about all of Fergie's contacts?
They knew Fergie. Didn't know Woodward though. I probably should've mentioned that he needed introductions to be made too. Ferguson knew everyone in British football which is why he could find buyers for his more mediocre players when they needed to be shipped on. They knew him, he knew them, a deal could be done. Woodward had none of that.

noal

Banned
I'll go with the third choice: the beautiful Milton, and only because it's names reminds me of Milton Keynes Dons F.C

I feel like my authority has been questioned. The storms to follow is the work of a most powerful god.

#Wehavenodefence

Clegg

I feel Blind is being forgotten about too much by United-Bros
Never mind Blind. Everyone seems to have forgotten Herrera. Keep hearing how United have made no midfield signings when we've actually signed two. Maybe they aren't the world beaters we need, but they're still comfortably better than anyone else we have. At least Herrera is anyway.

Never mind Blind. Everyone seems to have forgotten Herrera. Keep hearing how United have made no midfield signings when we've actually signed two. Maybe they aren't the world beaters we need, but they're still comfortably better than anyone else we have. At least Herrera is anyway.

Phil Neville's ideal united team didn't have herrera. wtf was he smoking

Kikarian

He's not by me, think he might be our biggest bargain of the lot. Haven't seen enough of him at DM though, which is where he'll mostly play.
Yeah, I have the same feeling. Everyone I seen talk about him (most likely Ajax fans) say's he an extremely valuable player in any team. Although they have said he isn't physical enough for the PL.

Which is exactly what we need for as well.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Herrera, I want to like him but I dont know, he is a tad unreliable, passing the ball forward is fine but not when you get caught on the ball 3/4 times a game, on the fence personally.

K1LLER7

We basically have a new starting midfield. I don't believe all this "haven't improved midfield" nonsense. Di Maria was also bought in to play as a midfielder. Its his best position too considering how he performed there last season.

-- Di Maria ----- Herrera --
----------- Blind --------

Bit too early to fully judge this United team at the moment. I don't like the 352 system but look forward to seeing it once everyone fit is in position.

They knew Fergie. Didn't know Woodward though. I probably should've mentioned that he needed introductions to be made too. Ferguson knew everyone in British football which is why he could find buyers for his more mediocre players when they needed to be shipped on. They knew him, he knew them, a deal could be done. Woodward had none of that.

I don't believe Fergie or the club itself didn't have contacts for the higher ups at other clubs. Fergie had the phone number for a lot of managers/chairmen. I can totally believe Woodwards incompetence at hashing out a deal though.

Kikarian

Herrera, I want to like him but I dont know, he is a tad unreliable, passing the ball forward is fine but not when you get caught on the ball 3/4 times a game, on the fence personally.
His first pre-season match, he was absolutely quality. His performance has dropped a little. Still with Blind, Di Maria and Mata near by him. He, hopefully, should excel.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
he played one match in which everybody played like shit.

Other than the Galaxy game he was getting caught on tour alot too, this wasnt a new thing v Swansea, in a league where getting caught in CM is suicide its the same as Cleverley passing to the other team, cant ignore one and crucify the other.

Nicktendo86

Hoping that he is now building those relationships he needs, he is obviously a very intelligent businessman and some of the moves he has pulled this window have been shrewd.

LTWheels

ngland XI against Norway: Hart; Stones, Jones, Cahill, Baines; Oxlade-Chamberlain, Henderson, Wilshere, Sterling; Rooney, Sturridge

kharma45

Top Bottom