• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Wow at Cleverley's agent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11071474/Tom-Cleverleys-agent-tests-patience-of-Aston-Villa-and-Manchester-United-as-deal-goes-to-the-wire.html

Both Villa and United were said to have been “furious and frustrated” over Kennedy’s conduct during the entire negotiation process, which started early last week.

En route to Villa’s training ground for a proposed medical, Kennedy is understood to have told United that Everton were prepared to pay Cleverley’s wages and the transfer fee and made alternative arrangements to travel to Finch Farm, the Merseysiders’ training base.

However, Everton chairman Bill Kenwright told Ed Woodward, United’s executive vice-chairman, they could not afford the deal so the move was scrapped.

Both clubs were so disappointed with Kennedy’s conduct that it formed the basis of their plea to the Premier League to agree the deal, with the application considered at board level before it was finally sanctioned at about 3.30pm on Tuesday, the deal sheet having been submitted before the deadline. Kennedy was unavailable for comment on Tuesday.

L1NETT

Stones? Lads decent I guess but he isn't the best English right back in the country

Rest of that 11 is alright

Find it really difficult to get excited about England. So apathetic about it. Especially as club football for me is currently still in full swing

---

Laboured please don't post those things

they hurt me

Yen

6aJyl7M.png

You know, Liverpool's second XI is probably better than the first XI was when Brendan first took over :lol
Hard not to be confident for this season (which is a fairly strange feeling for a Liverpool fan to have, rather than naive optimism)

Clegg

Hoping that he is now building those relationships he needs, he is obviously a very intelligent businessman and some of the moves he has pulled this window have been shrewd.
The point Brewin was making is that Woodward is using Mendes to broker these deals. He may be getting his act together and starting to build relationships but for the time being he needs the help of these super agents to get things done.

None of the deals have been what I'd call shrewd. Huge sums of money have been paid for these players esp Shaw. Only deal that might be a shrewd one is Blind. Rojo may have been a similar fee but I'm still not sure what he's like as a player. We may never even get to see him as a player if his visa issues aren't sorted!

The point Brewin was making is that Woodward is using Mendes to broker these deals. He may be getting his act together and starting to build relationships but for the time being he needs the help of these super agents to get things done.

Shudder to think of how many payments we probably made to Mendes this summer.

Nicktendo86

Yeah we need a dof don't we,

Wonder if the rumours are true that Woodward was told to get his act together or hianjob would be on the line...

Yeah am actually looking forward to see Rojo play, fucking hope his work permit gets sorted. We've needed a nutter.

Wilbur

Banned
Shrewd :lol

Got rid of Cleverley and will be making no money off his departure.
Sold the lord and saviour Nii Tackie Mensah
Spent 150m
Looks like a fucking bulbous testicle

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris

Does it matter :eek:

Id feel something if we were spending money we dont have but

"Club spends money they earn to improve club" never struck me as a headline, as much as people try to make it as such.

Now ill say this, I dont want to become a club that does this every year, replacing big names with big names, I want to build something with the help of our younguns, something lasting.

Clegg

A small fortune undoubtedly.

It's a necessary evil now though. Have to pay them their fee or they'll move their client elsewhere. Happened with the proposed moves for Hazard and Lucas Moura. Fergie didn't want to pay the agent fees. Which is a bit strange when you consider that he had no problems dealing with Mendes for the players he had in his stable.

Meier

Was this posted? Barca revealed their transfer fees from this summer:

BwhXSvTIQAAYf96.png:large

Vermaelen one is interesting. Suarez was apparently £65m full stop.

K1LLER7

Who are the super agents in football?

Mendes and Riola (?) are the only ones I really know off.

Oh and Wayne Rooneys. He's a fucking wizard that man.

K1LLER7

Falcao is definitely not just a loan move.

He seems so happy in his interview and positiove energy flows through his tweets and instagram messages.

YES RUMBO!!!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
In other news my good mate has written an episode of EastEnders which will air in the 15th.

Didnt use the bbc writersroom did he? Always thought about sending something in, I hear they hired alot of those writers from their schemes.

Shrewd :lol

Got rid of Cleverley and will be making no money off his departure.
Sold the lord and saviour Nii Tackie Mensah
Spent 150m
Looks like a fucking bulbous testicle

The best part is Villa didn't have to pay 8mil for him!! Most I spoke with thought that was too steep

Nicktendo86

Didnt use the bbc writersroom did he? Always thought about sending something in, I hear they hired alot of those writers from their schemes.
I'm not sure to be honest mate, he has just written a play which is starting now which stars some bloke off the bill. Think he is part of some young writers programme, will ask him when I meet him for a drink soon. Great bloke, big arsenal fan though. Shame.

Kikarian

I'm not sure to be honest mate, he has just written a play which is starting now which stars some bloke off the bill. Think he is part of some young writers programme, will ask him when I meet him for a drink soon. Great bloke, big arsenal fan though. Shame.
So that means there's no Danny Dyer and weeeest aaaam?

K1LLER7

Zahavi didn't play around :O

Involved in some big transfers and even the ownership of clubs.

He's getting on. I want his job.

dc89

"Dear Mr Alien

if you read this can you meet me in Essex next week in my garden.
It will be jokes.

Peace
Joey Essex"

Gf had a programme about Joey Essex and space on. Pls tell me he's not real.

Top Bottom