• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

ijm72

Is he not going out to Atleti on loan anymore?
I think that might have been the plan before all of this Xabi stuff happened, he would have gone to Athletic Bilbao but I don't think it will happen now. If he were to leave that would leave Madrid with no true DM and only 3 true CMs in Modric, Kroos, and Khedira.

Fully fit.

Oh, okay. Thought he was injured because you played Mertesacker and Chambers last week.

Well, anyway, it still brings us in a noticeably worse position and we signed a fourth quality CB on purpose to avoid a similar situation to last year, so selling Sokratis is out of the question.

omgkitty

Is anyone beside Tanc reporting that Falcao deal as done? Only 3 days left, things will begin picking up now.

Woah woah don't get a head of yourself! There's 4 days left.

Oh, okay. Thought he was injured because you played Mertesacker and Chambers last week.

Well, anyway, it still brings us in a noticeably worse position and we signed a fourth quality CB on purpose to avoid a similar situation to last year, so selling Sokratis is out of the question.

Just loan us Ginter for the season. That will suffice.

Carbonox

zombieland emma stone get in my wheelbarrow
ngDCi9a.png

Salvadora

It's a bit shocking that we're going into this season (so far) basically in the same position as last.

Alexis is the only signing that improves our first 11, and even then, we're missing Giroud until 2015 and Walcott has to come back to full fitness. The rest have been depth (Ospina, Chambers) or a replacement (Debuchy).

I had such high hopes a month ago :(

I see Holtby has said he wants more first team football. I really hope he stays, he will get plenty of games this season. He is always happy too! Be really sad to see him go.

Clegg

Duncan Castles is very hit and miss when it comes to transfers. Think he said there was no chance Di Maria was going to United. We signed him a week later.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
If Carvalho had a choice between United and Arsenal I wonder who he would choose, taking my United cap off you cant fault him for choosing Arsenal, would take some legwork on our end to convince him of our project. We would probably have to offer him a fuckload.

Yen

You aren't getting Falcao or Cavani.

Who's next on your list? The one headed: realistic targets

Is he?

What position?

Who does he play for?

I haven't seen any links to Balanta (or seen him play, or even know what he looks like) but he's a star in FM. Like a young Taribo West. "Young Taribo West" is a fantastic phrase.

Arnie

Duncan Castles is a proper fucking con-artist, second only to Dynamo. No wonder he's now 'freelance' and resorting to breaking such scoops on Sulia.

Hixx

If Carvalho had a choice between United and Arsenal I wonder who he would choose, taking my United cap off you cant fault him for choosing Arsenal, would take some legwork on our end to convince him of our project. We would probably have to offer him a fuckload.

pls stahp

no

bad cola

wedward

It's a bit shocking that we're going into this season (so far) basically in the same position as last.

Alexis is the only signing that improves our first 11, and even then, we're missing Giroud until 2015 and Walcott has to come back to full fitness. The rest have been depth (Ospina, Chambers) or a replacement (Debuchy).

I had such high hopes a month ago :(

It's incredible. Haven't been less excited about a season in a long time.

Meier

Is he?

What position?

Who does he play for?

He is a CB and his full name is Eder Alvarez Balanta. Colombian player who is at River Plate -- probably the best FM signing anyone can make in 2014. Played a few games at the World Cup. He was linked to Barca for a lengthy period of time and then nothing came of it.. shocking that he'd be available for so cheap (€5m apparently). Been a starter there at River Plate for about 2 years now.

Barzul

The only thing United would beat us on is money. We have a better team and guaranteed starting spot, CL, he's gone on the record to say he's a fan of Henry hence why he wears #14. You'd have to overpay to get him, which you lot could easily do. Worked with Shaw.

Arnie

He is a CB and his full name is Eder Alvarez Balanta. Colombian player who is at River Plate -- probably the best FM signing anyone can make in 2014. Played a few games at the World Cup. He was linked to Barca for a lengthy period of time and then nothing came of it.. shocking that he'd be available for so cheap (€5m apparently). Been a starter there at River Plate for about 2 years now.

Shit, I signed him on my Roma save. Know the lad.

Also, no doubt been posted but it's funny as fuck...

BwCqqGJIcAIJPYp.jpg

BwCuoC-CAAA84vg.jpg:large

BwCuoHuCYAA-dAI.jpg:large

BwCuoRiCUAAcB_y.jpg:large

Plasma

Banned

Transfer window closes on Monday and we're only considering making bids, neither of these will get done.

The only rumour that sounds like it might happen is Cerci who Di Marzio has been reporting about coming to Arsenal for a couple of days now. No idea why we'd want him though we can't go paying out 16m on a left winger when we're in desperate need for a CB, DM and a CF.

lol I fucking love Neven, he's leaking our transfers and doesn't care :D

Before Sahin re-signed for us, Subotic posted "Hm, curious what BVB will announce later ;), I hope it rhymes with Furi Fahin"

Today he posted this with the caption "Old-school":
1908430_54679318542137ks1z.jpg

Looking good, Shinji

Zabojnik

I haven't seen any links to Balanta (or seen him play, or even know what he looks like) but he's a star in FM. Like a young Taribo West. "Young Taribo West" is a fantastic phrase.

Taribo: "God told me I must play!"

Lippi: "He said nothing of the sort to me."

Legend(s).

Top Bottom