• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Kikarian

This has been processed and deemed 'okay' in someones head. (About signing Cleverley)

HxmcJ4d.jpg

I was going to ask since I liked bits and elements of Borderlands but not the whole package, and both games share a lot of similar concepts.

I'm just wary about getting into a game with randomized loot. I can't stand "treasure hunting" like in Diablo, it makes me feel like a zombie. But if the game is fun to play, then...

Destiny is one of those games that you just sit down on a lazy sunday and just get lost relaxing while playing the game.

That's how I spent my beta. It was great.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've turned into one those people the gaming side hates that just buys mass marketed games and annual sports titles. Destiny looks okay, I'll probably buy it. Halo was fun for a while.

This has been processed and deemed 'okay' in someones head. (About signing Cleverley)

HxmcJ4d.jpg

somebody make Wes a badge.

Tc91

I feel Blind is being forgotten about too much by United-Bros

Catching up on the thread, I think Blind will be 1 of our best signings this summer. So excited to see him play for us.

Blind is like a metronome or a conductor, he keeps everything ticking over. At one instant he will be using his positional awareness to break up the play, and the next minute he will be using his vision to set his side on the attack.

He is not a goalscorer, and cannot dribble past people, but what Blind does is invaluable to a team, as he keeps everything simple, and rarely loses the ball. Blind is an intelligent passer of the ball, and Manchester United fans will enjoy seeing him link up with the likes of Angel di Maria, and Robin van Persie.

He is a team player, and will not stop running until the final whistle.

Going from the Eredivisie to the Premier League is a massive step up and Blind will need to quickly adapt to the increase in pace from the Dutch top flight. Blind will not be given as much time on the ball as he is used to at Ajax and his first few matches may be a struggle.

However Blind is an exceptional player, who had clearly outgrown the Eredivisie, and Manchester United fans should fall in love with the player for his work rate, tenacious play and passing abilities.

Blinds rise over the past few years has been remarkable, from an unwanted man at Ajax, to midfield maestro, Dutch footballer of the year, World Cup star, and now an €18 million player. If Blind continues this rise over the next few years, then Manchester United and the Dutch national team have a real superstar in their hands.

Double POTY in Holland. He's the new hero of our team.

GorillaJu

I didn't know there are people who don't like Halo. For me it was the only fun console FPS since Goldeneye. I don't like those heavy, military-style shooters.

Hixx

Judgment was pretty awful. The campaign was was actually quite fun but the multiplayer was a fucking disaster. Didn't even take a month before it was in the low thousands of players at peak times.

Gears 4 will probably be a fall 2016 title.

Pennywise

I didn't know there are people who don't like Halo. For me it's the most fun console FPS since Goldeneye.

No fan of it either.
Just don't like the general concept, the enemies and a main character called "master chief", especially the design...

The multiplayer is ace though.

Not sure if I'll get Destiny around launch, there are just so many more games coming out...

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't know there are people who don't like Halo. For me it was the only fun console FPS since Goldeneye. I don't like those heavy, military-style shooters.

I prefer the way cod controls but Halo definitely had the better single player stuff.

Reach is free this month on the 360 btw. I'll have to check that out.

Hixx

No fan of it either.
Just don't like the general concept, the enemies and a main character called "master chief", especially the design...

The multiplayer is ace though.

Master Chief is his rank. It's just far fucking cooler than "John-117".

GorillaJu

I've never owned an Xbox console. My best buddy usually buys them so we played dozens of hours of Halo 1-3 at his place. It's hard to get the controls right on console but Halo is one where it feels "right" to me, which is why I think I'll probably enjoy Destiny.

K1LLER7

Judgment was pretty awful. The campaign was was actually quite fun but the multiplayer was a fucking disaster. Didn't even take a month before it was in the low thousands of players at peak times.

Oh, guess I'm not missing too much with Judgement then.

Would have bought it, but my Xbox RROD'd on me :(

Will miss out on Gears 4. Not feeling a Xbox One and will probably go PS4 and WiiU this gen.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I've never owned an Xbox console. My best buddy usually buys them so we played dozens of hours of Halo 1-3 at his place. It's hard to get the controls right on console but Halo is one where it feels "right" to me, which is why I think I'll probably enjoy Destiny.

did you get a chance to play the beta? The sprint being on the stick and left trigger aiming makes it feel a lot more cod than halo imo.

Finally someone who understands Judgment! I will say, Overrun was an upgrade on Beast mode for me personally but the rest of the multiplayer was lame.

Gears collection for 2015, book it.

L1NETT

Halo 1-3 are god tier. Reach and 4 are hot drippy shit

H2 MP is some of the best ever

That and Timesplitters the best console FPS

Over. Done. Finished.

Halo games are basically mediocrity with a non-creative title. Never understood why people like those kind of games

Because the MP is amazing fun you mango munching mug

Name me some better MP games. Bring it

Bold One

Not got a PS4 yet lol

Thinking of getting one around Christmas. Really like the look of the white one.

you know what they say, once you go white....

seriously though, I never cared for the Halo games, but Destiny had me hooked, I made my first ever pre-order after the Alpha

inky

Loved the first one. Between pacing, encounter design, AI, weapons feel & power, difficulty settings, vehicles and environment/enemy variety it's pretty much the perfect single player shooter for me.

Halo 2 just didn't have the same feel. They fucked with the pistol too much, the campaign wasn't as solid, and while dual wielding was neat, it just didn't scratch that itch. One minor thing that bothered me a lot was that they stopped showing the little symbol next to each chapter after completing it in each difficulty (you know, the skull and swords thingy). It's a very minor complaint, but it killed replay value on the spot for me.

3 I didn't care about, and the rest I just skipped.

That and Timesplitters the best console FPS

Over. Done. Finished.

Timesplitters 2 is the most fun I've had with local multiplayer, maybe ever. I took it to a friend's house this one time, one guy who supposedly didn't like shooters that much and I never got my game back =/

K1LLER7

Dragon's Dogma 2 has to happen.

Capcom pls. It's your best new IP, in like, forever.

Deep Down looks good from what they showed in the new gameplay video. Probably running on PC, it looks amazing.

Hixx

Finally someone who understands Judgment! I will say, Overrun was an upgrade on Beast mode for me personally but the rest of the multiplayer was lame.

Gears collection for 2015, book it.

A Gears collection would be amazing. Gears 1 and 3 MP at 60fps on dedicated servers? I'm getting a tingle in the tip of my penis just thinking about it.

Elchele

I feel like we are lacking a game like 'Dead Rising' in this gen. Something completely new, different and awesome

Hell, I would buy the first one again if Capcom released it for PS4. Full price.

Gears 1 and 3 MP were my highlights in terms of shooters ever. Public matches on Gears 1 in particular was amazing. Setting up a room and just having people come and go as they please made for some hype as fuck game nights. If it had bots it would be the perfect MP shooter game for me.

Dragon's Dogma 2 has to happen.

Capcom pls. It's your best new IP, in like, forever.

Deep Down looks good from what they showed in the new gameplay video. Probably running on PC, it looks amazing.

Its Capcom.

They fucked up on Resident Evil last gen, and let's not mention how badly have they handled their Megaman franchise.

One of those game development companies I have absolutely lost faith on. That and Konami (sans Kojima)

Top Bottom