• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT4| Did you see that Ludogorets display last night?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
List of free players (were free before the market closed to awnser the gaffer question from earlier).

Guarda-redes:

. Victor Valdés (ex-Barcelona), 32 anos
. Tim Wiese (ex-Hoffenheim), 32 anos
. Marco Amelia (ex-Milan), 32 anos

Defesas:

. Diego Lugano (ex-WBA), 33 anos
. Andrea Dossena (ex-Sunderland), 32 anos
. Carlos Marchena (ex-Deportivo), 35 anos
. Cristian Sapunaru (ex-Elche), 30 anos
. André Dias (ex-Lazio), 35 anos

Médios:

. Gabi Mudingayi (ex-Inter Milão), 32 anos
. McDonald Mariga (ex-Inter Milão), 27 anos
. Piotr Trochowski (ex-Sevilha), 30 anos
. Marco Donadel (ex-Nápoles), 31 anos
. Alou Diarra (ex-West Ham), 33 anos
. Jermaine Pennant (ex-Stoke), 31 anos

Avançados:

. Ronaldinho Gaúcho (ex-Atlético Mineiro), 34 anos
. Hugo Almeida (ex-Besiktas), 30 anos
. Simão Sabrosa (ex-Espanhol), 34 anos
. Nilmar (ex-Al Jaish), 30 anos
. Jonas (ex-Valencia), 30 anos
. Sotiris Ninis (ex-Parma), 24 anos

Sorry for the Portuguese words, cba changing it, you get the idea anyway (anos is years)

LAM09

List of free players (were free before the market closed to awnser the gaffer question from earlier).

Guarda-redes:

Defesas:

Médios:

Avançados:

Sorry for the Portuguese words, cba changing it, you get the idea anyway (anos is years)

Didn't Wiese retire, and become a body builder?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Didn't Wiese retire, and become a body builder?

No idea dude, I got the list from a local football news site.

Man if we don't at least try to talk to Jonas we truly are a fucking joke

LAM09

No idea dude, I got the list from a local football news site.

Man if we don't at least try to talk to Jonas we truly are a fucking joke

Not sure who you support, but I was very surprised to see Jonas is without a club (noticed it a few days ago). He would be a good signing for alot of clubs.

Guarda-redes:

Defesas:

Médios:

Avançados:

Poor Ninis, only 24 as well. I remember my brother in law telling me he was the next Greek superstar coming through around 3-4 years ago.

T1MHcYN.png

So dreamy

Rhaknar

Not sure who you support, but I was very surprised to see Jonas is without a club (noticed it a few days ago). He would be a good signing for alot of clubs.

Benfica, and it's a known fact (well mostly from my crying about it lol) that we are pretty much desperate for a striker. We wanted Abel Hernandez but he said thanks but no thanks, I want dat sweet PL money and went to Hull.

Then we tried Joel Campbell, for weeks and aparentely hard, but Arsenal didn't go for it even tho, until now at least, he doesn't play (and with Welbeck even less probably). It our last bid on the last day was 10mil which is crazy for a Portuguese club (we are sellers not buyers) and they still said no.

We sold out main striker from last year, Rodrigo, to Valencia. And we sold our sub (who used to be our main by far for years) Cardozo to Trabzonspor. So with just 1 striker transitioning from last year (from our champion and Europa league finalist team) everyone assumed that we would get at least 1 striker.

And then we got fuck all so we have Lima... and a bunch of rejects, like guys we have been loaning for years and shit. If we don't go for Jonas, which is basically a second chance that no one saw coming, we are a joke of a club management wise.

Sorry for the long rant, I'm still salty lol

jtb

Banned
Benfica, and it's a known fact (well mostly from my crying about it lol) that we are pretty much desperate for a striker. We wanted Abel Hernandez but he said thanks but no thanks, I want dat sweet PL money and went to Hull.

Then we tried Joel Campbell, for weeks and aparentely hard, but Arsenal didn't go for it even tho, until now at least, he doesn't play (and with Welbeck even less probably). It our last bid on the last day was 10mil which is crazy for a Portuguese club (we are sellers not buyers) and they still said no.

We sold out main striker from last year, Rodrigo, to Valencia. And we sold our sub (who used to be our main by far for years) Cardozo to Trabzonspor. So with just 1 striker transitioning from last year (from our champion and Europa league finalist team) everyone assumed that we would get at least 1 striker.

And then we got fuck all so we have Lima... and a bunch of rejects, like guys we have been loaning for years and shit. If we don't go for Jonas, which is basically a second chance that no one saw coming, we are a joke of a club management wise.

if it's any consolation (I'm sure it's not), I really wanted us to sell Campbell too. not selling Campbell and bringing in Welbeck is just salt in the wound

LAM09

I guess you are happy you won't have to see Arthur in goal, after his howler at the week for starters.

Benfica have had a proper clearout this summer, but you have been able to keep hold of a few of your better players, with Gaitan being the main one. I think Jonas would be a great signing for you guys, but I guess other clubs will probably offer him more. I could personally see him going back to Brazil.

Rhaknar

if it's any consolation (I'm sure it's not), I really wanted us to sell Campbell too. not selling Campbell and bringing in Welbeck is just salt in the wound

I bet you would have aswell if Welbeck was 1 day before, or of course if Giroud wasn't injured. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the deal comes back in January, which would mean we wasted half a season.

Also, if Wenger wasn't such a cunt. Sorry :p

I guess you are happy you won't have to see Arthur in goal, after his howler at the week for starters.

Benfica have had a proper clearout this summer, but you have been able to keep hold of a few of your better players, with Gaitan being the main one. I think Jonas would be a great signing for you guys, but I guess other clubs will probably offer him more. I could personally see him going back to Brazil.

Oh you saw the Artur thing did ya? Lol

The funniest (and by funniest, I mean soul crushingly depressing) thing is, most fans expect him to still play next game, including me, because THATS how fucking stubborn out coach is

I mean it's not like we signed a world class (albeit not in his prime anymore granted) keeper some weeks ago or anything...

...oh wait, we did, we had Julio Cesar in the bench :p

Lightning

Banned
You're a downer. Last season we had only Theo who had pace now we have Theo, Sanchez and Welbeck and we didn't lose any attacking players. We only strengthened and now with added pace.

And they never got Campbell because they didn't pay the price. Everyone is for sale at Arsenal. We know this.

Rhaknar

You're a downer. Last season we had only Theo who had pace now we have Theo, Sanchez and Welbeck and we didn't lose any attacking players. We only strengthened and now with added pace.

And they never got Campbell because they didn't pay the price. Everyone is for sale at Arsenal. We know this.

You don't think you would have sold him for 10mil or at least loaned him if Welbeck was signed earlier?

I'm actually asking, not being sarcastic :)

Lightning

Banned
You don't think you would have sold him for 10mil or at least loaned him if Welbeck was signed earlier?

I'm actually asking, not being sarcastic :)
My honest opinion from what I've read and people who know a bit about the club it would have been Podolski who went first. Wenger doesn't like Poldi for some reason. But we could have gotten rid of both as neither are going to be playing much.

Campbell in fact I'm expecting him to moan alot. January he could be gone.

Rhaknar

My honest opinion from what I've read and people who know a bit about the club it would have been Podolski who went first. Wenger doesn't like Poldi for some reason. But we could have gotten rid of both as neither are going to be playing much.

Man isn't Podolski really good? wtf happened, just never adapted to the club / PL?

K1LLER7

United trying to fast track Falcao's work permit whilst he's in Miami. They will apply through the British embassy in Miami, where he'll have to complete an interview and then he should be clear for a work permit and available for the QPR game.

United still waiting on Rojo.

United trying to fast track Falcao's work permit whilst he's in Miami. They will apply through the British embassy in Miami, where he'll have to complete an interview and then he should be clear for a work permit and available for the QPR game.

United still waiting on Rojo.

This Rojo shit...wtf

Lightning

Banned
Man isn't Podolski really good? wtf happened, just never adapted to the club / PL?
He's got a good left boot, scores quite frequently but he doesn't so much else. Doesn't track back, doesn't help much in anything else. There are games where he doesn't do anything at all.

He's a very limited player and can only play in a quick, counter attacking system, as seen during his stint at Bayern. The possession style Arsenal plays with doesn't suit him very well either. In fact, he's now the fourth choice left winger in Germany behind Reus, Oezil, and Schurrle. And probably Draxler/Goetze for good measure.

Good dude to have in the locker room tho.

Guarda-redes:

Defesas:

Médios:

Avançados:

DO IT BRENDAN

Congrats to Man U for signing former River Plate standout, Radamel Falcao.

oNPa6C3.jpg

Hopefully, the approach of buying every talented player on planet earth will help you survive relegation.

Rhaknar

Btw Lightning, some media here is saying arsenal bid for carvalho was 16mil + Campbell lol, dat trolling >_>

Mastadon

Banned
The Italian [Borini] wanted a £95,000-a-week contract, a severance package from Liverpool and an exit clause from QPR allowing him to leave for less than the £10 million they would have paid.

QPR offered a significant pay rise to the Italian, but would not agree to the clause.

Liverpool were willing to offer Borini a pay-off but negotiations broke down between the player and QPR as the transfer deadline approached.

Liverpool striker Fabio Borini, 23, tweeted his delight at staying at Anfield after apparent interest from Sunderland and QPR. He said:  "Finally the madness is finished! I protected the MAN and the player that I am today… taking all the responsibility of the situation and for people who didn't want it... and I'm VERY happy with myself to have taken such an important decision!" - BBC Sport

What a deluded cunt

Need some help FootyGaf, I play Sunday league football and our player-coach demands we play 4-4-2 so he can shoehorn himself into the starting lineup somehow, however the rest of the team is adamant that we play 4-2-3-1 as it suits our team better.
Need ideas on how we can tell him to fuck off with his hoofball rubbish so we can tiki-taka teams to death Pep style.

Liverpool striker Fabio Borini, 23, tweeted his delight at staying at Anfield after apparent interest from Sunderland and QPR. He said:  "Finally the madness is finished! I protected the MAN and the player that I am today… taking all the responsibility of the situation and for people who didn't want it... and I'm VERY happy with myself to have taken such an important decision!" - BBC Sport

What a deluded cunt

Can't beleive he wanted 90k a week.

valeo

I'm pretty sure he doesn't like Podolski because he does two fifths of fark all except pop up with the occasional goal.

sohois

I think the criticism from Liverpool fans of Borini is pretty disgraceful, to be honest.

Maybe he should have moved to Sunderland for his career, but without really knowing the details we can't say definitively either way.

But to say he's too greedy for QPR? Absurd. Why wouldn't you want a serious financial package, when you see the joke wages they routinely chuck to shite? Why wouldn't you want an easy exit, from perhaps the worst club in the whole of England?

And to act as though Liverpool deserved the fee, that he had some kind of obligation to move, is also foolish. He was in a good position for Roma but moved to Liverpool anyway, only to miss out due to injuries. Then he just gets discarded for Iago fucking Aspas. I'd say he's perfectly entitled to want to stay, even if his career might suffer.

Salazar

Van Persie insisted on Tuesday that he does not need an operation and claimed that he is looking forward to playing alongside Falcao.

"I am impressed that people come pick up the imagination to invent something like that," Van Persie told Fox Sports NL when asked about suggestions that he would have to undergo surgery.

DttZAIg.gif

Yeah, Robin. Totally out of the blue that people would think you were broken.

He's a very limited player and can only play in a quick, counter attacking system, as seen during his stint at Bayern. The possession style Arsenal plays with doesn't suit him very well either. In fact, he's now the fourth choice left winger in Germany behind Reus, Oezil, and Schurrle. And probably Draxler/Goetze for good measure.

Good dude to have in the locker room tho.

Pretty much, he is an exciting counter attacking player, but we never used him in a good way. I still think a midfield attacking three of him Ozil and Sanchez would destroy teams if we just sit back and hit on the counter.

He's greedy.

Did he want an exit based on relegation or just a straight buyout clause even if they stayed up?

I wouldn't say greedy. I would want a shit load of money if I was being forced to leave Liverpool for QPR

I think the criticism from Liverpool fans of Borini is pretty disgraceful, to be honest.

Maybe he should have moved to Sunderland for his career, but without really knowing the details we can't say definitively either way.

But to say he's too greedy for QPR? Absurd. Why wouldn't you want a serious financial package, when you see the joke wages they routinely chuck to shite? Why wouldn't you want an easy exit, from perhaps the worst club in the whole of England?

And to act as though Liverpool deserved the fee, that he had some kind of obligation to move, is also foolish. He was in a good position for Roma but moved to Liverpool anyway, only to miss out due to injuries. Then he just gets discarded for Iago fucking Aspas. I'd say he's perfectly entitled to want to stay, even if his career might suffer.

Great post.

Carbonox

Sunset Overdrive maybe?

As for a legit survival/horror game, i'm looking forward to playing Evil Within. I know it'll be great. Mikami never disappoints.

I was on the fence for a long time over Evil Within. Love Mikami but it looked a bit rough. After reading some more previews from actual gaffers and watching more footage I decided to preorder it.

FootballFan

Guarda-redes:

Defesas:

Médios:

Avançados:

Ninis was supposed to become a big player. Damn it must suck to have that hype and be playing pro football at a young age, then at 24 be a free agent. =/

Top Bottom